View attachment 15257 Here’s a little teaser pic of the Canadian F-18’s paint scheme for the 2018 airshow season. The guys in Bagotville who paint these every year have got a really nice one this time around. Actually,every year they do a wonderful job.

A great photo here would be if we could get 4 cars with similar colours. A silver,a white,a red and,,,,ahem,my blue one in a shot together. This is the top side view.
..... yes and ahem, Victory Red would seem appropriate on the Base.... ILOVEIT would humbly volunteer I’m sure !

Well, we got some bad news today. Joanne can't make the MITM cruise due to work obligations. Dues to this I want to spend the weekend of the Cold Lake event at home doing something special with her. (Ok, get your mind out of the gutter. Well if I play my cards right that may happen later in the evening, but I digress) sorry guys will have to live vicariously through the pictures you post back here!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Well, we got some bad news today. Joanne can't make the MITM cruise due to work obligations. Dues to this I want to spend the weekend of the Cold Lake event at home doing something special with her. (Ok, get your mind out of the gutter. Well if I play my cards right that may happen later in the evening, but I digress) sorry guys will have to live vicariously through the pictures you post back here!
You could always get a room similar to Derek’s In Cold Lake Paul. You know !! With a jacuzzi tub and a nice bottle of wine that Jenny could bring up from Montana!

Reactions: ddgermann
You guys are so stuck in the 70's.:Biggrin:

The 70's rocked Murray.... errrr.... wait a second....It appears that most of the 70's is missing from my temporal lobe memory for some reason....But I'm certain it must have rocked...

image005.gif

I have not yet set my itinerary for a Thursday start, however I myself, have two cars and two drivers
and an early Friday morning for six+ hours of driving from Calgary might not be good for all the drivers (and passenger).
So this is why it's best to work on a smaller Friday Leg from Edmonton and that way we all (who can) will get to that start point any way we are able to.

Hey Spence,
I would say we should leave Edmonton Friday morning around 9am as a safe time. This way it should give us time to stop for lunch either half way up or in Cold Lake. Gas up. And wash the cars up ready for the 4pm entry for photoshoot with the planes. Ans a chance to chill and meet some of the guys and gals too. Just a thought.
Ken

Hey Spence,
I would say we should leave Edmonton Friday morning around 9am as a safe time.
Ken

With a few of us Calgary folks leaving around 6am,that would put us right in that window Ken for meeting up. Can’t speak for any other guys leaving from here but,Jenny and myself are planning for a 6am departure.

Hey Spence,
I would say we should leave Edmonton Friday morning around 9am as a safe time. This way it should give us time to stop for lunch either half way up or in Cold Lake. Gas up. And wash the cars up ready for the 4pm entry for photoshoot with the planes. Ans a chance to chill and meet some of the guys and gals too. Just a thought.
Ken
Friday's 9am to 10am start from YEG is in my notes as this gets along ... Should a 6am start be from YYC, it might just hook up in Edmonton for finding us in around the 9:30 range so they can option for all leaving together. Plans continue to be in the making .... thx

I am ok with leaving at 6. I might have to drag Sandy out of bed to get going that early
Put her to bed early Thursday night. :Biggrin: She can get a little snooze in on the way up. Not like she’s going to miss any sights on the 3 hrs northbound. There’s nothing to see !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread