N

navion

I checked the clutch fluid condition in the ZR1 yesterday and it was starting to look a little on the dirty side. Am going to change it out tomorrow and wondered if any of you have used Prestolite DOT4 brake fluid to replace what is in it now or does anyone have a recommendation?

I checked the clutch fluid condition in the ZR1 yesterday and it was starting to look a little on the dirty side. Am going to change it out tomorrow and wondered if any of you have used Prestolite DOT4 brake fluid to replace what is in it now or does anyone have a recommendation?

i change mine a few times a year.... keep it clean..

My stuff is at my shop.. can't remember but ya DOT4 I guess.

Google "Ranger clutch flush" USA Vette guy has made a page on flushing it.

About once a week, I suck the brake fluid out of the reservoir and top it up. Not as good as a total flush but at least dirty fluid is being replaced by clean stuff. The fluid does get a little off colour so the bad must be mixing with the good to some extent through clutch usage and it can't hurt. I just use any name brand DOT4 brake fluid.

I change mine as it starts to look a little dirty or at least once a year. I use Delco fluid. I went there because GM used to have actual clutch fluid but the parts guy couldn't find it and said brake fluid works just fine.

Depends on how many times you need to flush the system. That being said, I bought a litre and flushed about 8 times and never used half a litre.

Turkey baster works well ,but don't let the wife know .I do mine about every year and I pretty much agree with the YouTube video . C6's seam to have the most clutch issues do to dirty fluid.

As stated before watch your painted surfaces .

Very cool. I hope I have time to inspect and change the fluid in the next week. I haven't done it since purchasing the car........it's probabky dark as night,and dusty as the Sahara in there.........:-(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.