Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
Of course everyone knows that all fluid levels should be checked on a regular basis and I noticed in the owners manual a recommendation to check the engine oil level every time you get fuel during the break in period. I was wondering how many of you did so and if you noticed any drop in oil level . Also have any of you noticed any oil consumption in general. Thanks.

Of course everyone knows that all fluid levels should be checked on a regular basis and I noticed in the owners manual a recommendation to check the engine oil level every time you get fuel during the break in period. I was wondering how many of you did so and if you noticed any drop in oil level . Also have any of you noticed any oil consumption in general. Thanks.
For you I would check the oil before I leave Edmonton, and again when you arrive in Yellowknife next year. These engines don't burn oil. A quick check when it's running and at operating temperature doesn't take long.

Reactions: Vettenut
For you I would check the oil before I leave Edmonton, and again when you arrive in Yellowknife next year. These engines don't burn oil. A quick check when it's running and at operating temperature doesn't take long.
Yes . I will do that. Mainly just curious if they did use a bit until the rings are fully seated. Be the first time i ever checked oil with the engine running. Of course my first with dry sump lubrication . I’ll probably end up checking it too often just because of the novelty! Thanks for the advice.

Yes . I will do that. Mainly just curious if they did use a bit until the rings are fully seated. Be the first time i ever checked oil with the engine running. Of course my first with dry sump lubrication . I’ll probably end up checking it too often just because of the novelty! Thanks for the advice.
If any such a small amount you won't pick it up on your dip stick.

Reactions: Vettenut
It's an approved method in the MB OM. Each to their own.
Mike so long as MB covers you if you blow or cease your engine due to oil starvation if the sensor ever fails or gives a false reading, is all you need.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.