cars look good guys..

i just read about this new stuff to use before rejex to clean the paint...

Xtreme Clean (made by corrosionX as well). looks like the rejex is getting easier to use!

no fair guys, my car was a cheap repaint before your cars were built, I'll never match that gloss
june2012010.jpg

there's so many great products out there now. I wish Rejex and Zaino were supplied at canadian tire.

zaino is tough to come by ( i think only 1 online retailer in Canada), but Rejex should be available at a few more..unless you are against shopping online..

If youre looking to source stuff at Canadian Tire, the Meguiars products at Canadian tire are really pretty good.

Really impressed with the new Turtle Wax Ice line of products. Received the kit from Can Tire, great wax, awesome shine, easy application/removal. Did the Vette and the Duc.....bike never looked so good!:D

Our good buddy Steamer (Rob) of Comox reports that Rejex on the windows is good for keeping the window cleaner and bug free same as on the paint.
The debris and bugs that do stay on will come off very easily.

Rejex really is a multi-use treatment.

C.

Our good buddy Steamer (Rob) of Comox reports that Rejex on the windows is good for keeping the window cleaner and bug free same as on the paint.
The debris and bugs that do stay on will come off very easily.

Rejex really is a multi-use treatment.

C.

I've done this as well Colin and can report the same result. I'm very sold on this product. :D

That is one hell'of a shine Brian, have not seen a C4 that is that shiny. That also looks like a lot of loving work went into it. Have been told by a car supplier of paint and waxes here. that ustng a clay bay on a car will actually remove some of the clear coat everytime you use it. Is there any truth to that that anyone can confirm or deny?
Al...

That is one hell'of a shine Brian, have not seen a C4 that is that shiny. That also looks like a lot of loving work went into it. Have been told by a car supplier of paint and waxes here. that ustng a clay bay on a car will actually remove some of the clear coat everytime you use it. Is there any truth to that that anyone can confirm or deny?
Al...

Thanks Al; yes a lot of love goes into keeping the old girl looking good.

I don't know if using a clay bar will remove a bit of clear coat. I have not heard that one before. But what I can tell you, no matter what product you use to make it shine, you must start with a good clean surface. And a clay bar will do that for you. All the little impurities that the car will collect in every day driving gets imbedded. The clay bar is the thing that will get them out.

I also use a paint cleaner after the clay bar. This will remove some of the clear coat. That is not all that bad. Swirl marks are in the clear coat. You have to remove some clear to get rid of them. There is also some products that will claim to remove swirls but not take any clear off. These products all have fillers, and this is how they work. They will fill in the spider cracks, but will not last. The only way to get rid of swirls is to take a bit of clear.

After you have done the prep work, and your surface is clean and smooth, then it is time to apply the polish of your choice. I have had very good luck with Zanio products. But I believe there are many that will work just fine. Some thing I tried this year that I really like is Zanio's Clear Seal. This is after a few coats of their polish. Just wipe it on and it bonds with the polish for a long lasting shine. I believe Reject although applied a little different; will do the same. I know some of the guys here are getting good results.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. In the spring, when I get the car out, I send about 4 days doing this. The first day is the hardest, but after that it only a couple of hours each other day. Then once the driving starts, it's only a couple of washes and touch ups during the season.

Lots of good information about how to look after your paint and stuff on the web........... Adam's Canada has some good videos. As does Auto Geek web site.

It's only work if you look at it that way.........:rofl:

Al...

Hi Al -- no such concerns from a detailer friend of mine in Toronto. (GTA in Detail)

If you need specifics drop Kevin a line and he'd be glad to help with info:

http://gtaindetail.com/

You guys have convince me to clay bar and Rejex my Vette over the winter. I picked up the Mother's clay bar kit and microfiber cloths today but I'm having trouble getting Rejex. E-shine is sold out.

Any other recommended sellers? I've seen it being offered on Amazon.ca but the shipping costs was pretty high.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.