Not sure where to post this, so I'll do it here in the hopes it gets more attention. I'll ask the moderators relocate it as deemed appropriate.

I'm always a firm believer in "putting my money where my mouth is", such as tipping where the service was great...or donating to things I see as worthwhile. Given the time I spend on these CCF Forums, the good info I obtain and continue to obtain, plus the "Web friendships" I've made with fellow-Corvette owners, I see CCF as deserving of donations. In a world where nothing is free nor should we expect it to be free, especially for things we use, appreciate and benefit from, I encourage everyone else to donate to CCF so we keep it running and in a more concrete way, provide our thanks to all the organizers, moderators and others who generously volunteer their time to run the joint.

With that in mind, my challenge is this:

-I'll match whatever anyone donates to CCF by the end of this month, as long as your donation is a minimum of $25 (the cost of a good burger, shake and fries), up to a maximum of $480 (that will bring my donation total to an even $1,000)
-simply make a donation (see the "donate" section on the right of the home page...it's super easy) then post on this thread you've done so, and I'll match it up to my limit
-I'm hoping this results in CCF getting far more than the $480 X2
-if you've not already donated, now's the time. Or if you've already donated but feel you could do more, now's the time. And if you share my view of these Forums, this should be a no-brainer. I suspect for many, the good advice obtained on these Forums, has saved you a lot more than just $25...
-I understand the funds are needed for bandwidth and other expenses associated with running internet Forums such as this
-note: this is my idea and no one else has suggested this challenge, so for you "cynics" out there (you know who you are), rest easy: this isn't a contrived set-up but rather a sincere effort to thank those behind the scenes and support the future development of these Forums.

And for those of you "lurkers" who often check out CCF but have yet to join, I encourage you to become a part of this and contribute your knowledge and advice, plus ask questions to more readily directly benefit from the community (and eventually, when you realize it's deserved, donate as well).

Now over to you...

@netsinah thank you for your efforts with this fundraiser. I have been giving to CCF for years on a monthly basis so it is painless to some degree. Like you I appreciate both the information I get from the forum and the friends I have made, all worth more than I have paid into it.

So thank you for contributing to and financially supporting the forum. Appreciated. :thumbs:

Reactions: Neils and Nik
Holy crap, this I did not expect. Thank you @netsinah and Doug, and anyone who chips in.

Everything helps particularly as we are definitely not eligible for a Twitter like takeover any time soon. Helps keep us running.

I'll sweeten the deal and give out some special capabilities and permanent badges to those that chip into this drive with at least $50.

Holy crap, this I did not expect. Thank you @netsinah and Doug, and anyone who chips in.

Everything helps particularly as we are definitely not eligible for a Twitter like takeover any time soon. Helps keep us running.

I'll sweeten the deal and give out some special capabilities and permanent badges to those that chip into this drive with at least $50.

Thanks Nik. If my goal of at least $480 donated by others isn't achieved in the next couple days, perhaps (?) this thread should be posted elsewhere to expose it to more than just C8 owners? I leave it up to you. And THANK YOU and all the others who work so hard for these Forums! What you do hasn't gone unnoticed!

@netsinah you sir are a class act, never met you or anyone else on this forum, but this site has kept me sane ever since I was able to drop a deposit for this car, and I have learned so much, and I just keep coming back here wanting to see more new posts and pictures. Hope to meet you all at a car meet some day soon (with a C8 by then too). Donation made !!

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Nik
@netsinah you sir are a class act, never met you or anyone else on this forum, but this site has kept me sane ever since I was able to drop a deposit for this car, and I have learned so much, and I just keep coming back here wanting to see more new posts and pictures. Hope to meet you all at a car meet some day soon (with a C8 by then too). Donation made !!

Great Neils! Please confirm the amount so I'll know what I "owe". Send me a PM if you'd rather not post it on this thread (your choice). TY.

Great Neils! Please confirm the amount so I'll know what I "owe". Send me a PM if you'd rather not post it on this thread (your choice). TY.
Donated $75, plus I have no idea what all those fancy shiny badges represent, but I am dreaming of collecting a few myself, Nik got me all excited with the perk, want my profile to look like his and yours :)

Donated $75, plus I have no idea what all those fancy shiny badges represent, but I am dreaming of collecting a few myself, Nik got me all excited with the perk, want my profile to look like his and yours :)

Thanks Neils! I've now matched your donation.

Reactions: Neils and Nik
@netsinah I donate monthly but your generous offer of support for CCF was just too good to pass up. :thumbs: Donated $50.00 to the cause.

Amazing! Thanks Black 03 Z06! I've once again matched that additional $50. So I'm up to $225 for new donations, of my hoped-for $480 from me. Let's keep 'em coming people!!

I just made my annual $20.20 donation, reflective of my model year. I am a pensioner on a fixed income and cannot turn off the lights for 3 days to contribute the extra $4.80. Sorry, good cause but I will not be bullied...
you forgot the part about driving a $90k+ sport car. Keep those lights on Raccoon!! #BullyingTheBully :)

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I just made my annual $20.20 donation, reflective of my model year. I am a pensioner on a fixed income and cannot turn off the lights for 3 days to contribute the extra $4.80. Sorry, good cause but I will not be bullied...

But sadly enough, your $20.20 donation is JUST SHY of the required minimum of $25 (short by $4.80) so it doesn't trigger my matching payment. Rules are rules. Any thought to adding the cost of a middle-of-the-road fancy cup of coffee to reach that magical minimum? :)

Reactions: Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.