Jan 4, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Shelby 350
Province
QC
Has any one purchased the 5VM carbon fibre splitter and side skirts from Racing Sport Concepts in Ohio . Or any other products for that matter. If so how was the fit and quality ? How was your overall experience.

Yup, waiting to do the big reveal for my C8 in the coming 2 weeks with some YouTube videos to showcase all of the mods, including a full visible CF kit from RSC. I analyzed every single company that makes CF aero for this car, thesis paper deep, and what I found is the following. Most of the aftermarket companies are all pretty much doing the same design, 1VM or 5VM, in CFlash or CFiber. I wanted something unique, as I am building my C8 to be a show car for car shows (like I used to do back in my JDM days). RSC fit the bill, with their unique looking GT and ST aero kits.

But here is the crazy part. If I add up 3 pieces of their very high end products, it totalled $8K CAD. In my own backyard here in Montreal, ACS charges $9K for just the OEM high wing (visible CF), throw in the splitter and skirts, and you're looking at $15K, about the same cost as the GM stuff when ordered with the dealer. So you pay less to get something that is unique and a very high quality product.

I had it shipped to a port forward US address 30 min from my place, crossed over to pick it up, paid my 2 taxes and done. I looked at the likes of American HydroCarbon, Paragon, AGMotorsports, C7Carbon, but they all pretty much were doing the 1VM/5VM thing. So was not an option for me.

I worked with RSC over the phone to explain the build, what else was going on it, and the look I was going for, to decide which of their 2 kits would work best for my custom build. Super cool guys. And they use some laser scanning technique to analyze every small curve of the car to ensure the tightest of fits without any gaps.

I only wanted the best on my car, and RSC was the top choice here !!

Yup, waiting to do the big reveal for my C8 in the coming 2 weeks with some YouTube videos to showcase all of the mods, including a full visible CF kit from RSC. I analyzed every single company that makes CF aero for this car, thesis paper deep, and what I found is the following. Most of the aftermarket companies are all pretty much doing the same design, 1VM or 5VM, in CFlash or CFiber. I wanted something unique, as I am building my C8 to be a show car for car shows (like I used to do back in my JDM days). RSC fit the bill, with their unique looking GT and ST aero kits.

But here is the crazy part. If I add up 3 pieces of their very high end products, it totalled $8K CAD. In my own backyard here in Montreal, ACS charges $9K for just the OEM high wing (visible CF), throw in the splitter and skirts, and you're looking at $15K, about the same cost as the GM stuff when ordered with the dealer. So you pay less to get something that is unique and a very high quality product.

I had it shipped to a port forward US address 30 min from my place, crossed over to pick it up, paid my 2 taxes and done. I looked at the likes of American HydroCarbon, Paragon, AGMotorsports, C7Carbon, but they all pretty much were doing the 1VM/5VM thing. So was not an option for me.

I worked with RSC over the phone to explain the build, what else was going on it, and the look I was going for, to decide which of their 2 kits would work best for my custom build. Super cool guys. And they use some laser scanning technique to analyze every small curve of the car to ensure the tightest of fits without any gaps.

I only wanted the best on my car, and RSC was the top choice here !!
Thanks Neils very helpful . I would love to see the car once you have finished . Who is installing the splitter and side skirts ? I also find ACS expensive .

Thanks Neils very helpful . I would love to see the car once you have finished . Who is installing the splitter and side skirts ? I also find ACS expensive .
Both Morgan (Cars & Crosbie) and I drove halfway from our respective points (Montreal & London) to meet up halfway last Friday (not far from Kingston), and I handed him everything I have, including the RSC stuff. There is also a bunch of stuff being shipped direct to him from AMT Customs as well as the Vossen setup from 1010. So Finch is doing most of the cosmetic stuff, and Champion Motors finishing off the next day with the drop.

The AMT stuff is just crazy !! Really finishes off the look. You guys will have to wait until the YouTube videos are posted, I just did a practice run with the family truck to get all of the car mounts tested for the Insta360 x3 cam we will film with on the drive back, plus the drone shots. It's gonna be a wild video for sure !!!

I will most likely post something next week, to invite whomever wants to check it out in person over at the dealer. I might not have much time to do a meet & greet since I have to sign the docs and capture some footage with the drone and DSLR gimbal at the dealer, but am more than willing to share the experience with others if you happen to be nearby London.

Pickup is on June 8th.

Both Morgan (Cars & Crosbie) and I drove halfway from our respective points (Montreal & London) to meet up halfway last Friday (not far from Kingston), and I handed him everything I have, including the RSC stuff. There is also a bunch of stuff being shipped direct to him from AMT Customs as well as the Vossen setup from 1010. So Finch is doing most of the cosmetic stuff, and Champion Motors finishing off the next day with the drop.

The AMT stuff is just crazy !! Really finishes off the look. You guys will have to wait until the YouTube videos are posted, I just did a practice run with the family truck to get all of the car mounts tested for the Insta360 x3 cam we will film with on the drive back, plus the drone shots. It's gonna be a wild video for sure !!!

I will most likely post something next week, to invite whomever wants to check it out in person over at the dealer. I might not have much time to do a meet & greet since I have to sign the docs and capture some footage with the drone and DSLR gimbal at the dealer, but am more than willing to share the experience with others if you happen to be nearby London.

Pickup is on June 8th.
I’m in Montréal.

Reactions: Neils

Pickup is on June 8th.
Are you doing PPF on the whole car? Just curious, after spending all that money and time on upgrades, would be horrible to get a chip in the paint on the drive home.

Are you doing PPF on the whole car? Just curious, after spending all that money and time on upgrades, would be horrible to get a chip in the paint on the drive home.
Doing the front end and mirrors, I also wanted to cover the CF aero and much more but the company the dealer uses wanted too much so will do just enough to cover the drive home and then there is a well know place here in Mtl that does all the XPEL stuff, and will finish off the rest locally. No plans to do the entire car but more than just the front end, especially around the front windshield and the lower rockers and aero and side boomerangs

By the way very nice of Morgan to meet you halfway.
the man is a class act. I only knew him from his channel but he is as excited about this build as I am so did the favour to come out and meet me half way. He will cover the build in detail on his channel in the coming 1-2 weeks and then I will do a more professional shoot, including on the drive back, with a truck mounted video rig trailing the car, plus some drone footage. Will also be doing a 360 view from the car during the Grand Prix downtown cruise and show, just not sure when I can get it done in post since leaving for vacay right after

Doing the front end and mirrors, I also wanted to cover the CF aero and much more but the company the dealer uses wanted too much so will do just enough to cover the drive home and then there is a well know place here in Mtl that does all the XPEL stuff, and will finish off the rest locally. No plans to do the entire car but more than just the front end, especially around the front windshield and the lower rockers and aero and side boomerangs
You should have had him do the track wrap to get you home. Then get it done properly at home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.