One thing about CAD, they can do a lifelike picture and get people's reaction before they actually tool up and build one. With today's design equipment, the Edsel probably would never have been built.

There was a kit available before with these results. I don't think they built many before they went out of business.

wagonMillerleftrear_zps9a3f81a4.jpg

Do a Google picture search and quite a few of these conversions show up. Not my cup of tea but they would be practical. Our 2005 has lots of luggage room already without going that route. Still, if a person found one in good shape at a reasonable price, it would be a real conversation piece at car shows.

Well............if one likes the Ferrari FF, then to my eyes this is far better
looking !!!
Not all that different to the outline of the F car.
Quite surprized that its yours for only an extra $15,000. One would have a very
unique vehicle.

Tony,
welland

Well............if one likes the Ferrari FF, then to my eyes this is far better
looking !!!
Not all that different to the outline of the F car.
Quite surprized that its yours for only an extra $15,000. One would have a very
unique vehicle.

Tony,
welland

which is fugly too (but agreed in that maybe not quite as fugly(IMHO)

"only an extra $15000". -- a mere pittance.

Not many of us with deep pockets Tony , so not that familiar with such vehicles-- and not all of us with a D-type in the mansion's garage either........:rofl:

C.:D

Mr. Lines,
was simply saying that it seemed a reasonable cost that effected
a complete change to the C7, both in outline and interior.
When you consider its all labour and its being offered by Callaway, could
be a reasonable deal if one is so inclined ! [ Callaway are not noted for offering
inexpensive 'adjustments' to corvettes or other vehicles].

Tony,
welland

Yes Yes, Mr. Backler -- but what a rediculous idea of making a station wagon out of a beautiful 2 seater sports coupe. To me that would be the worst spent $15000 I could think of. And that goes for any of the expensive marques like it.

What an absolute ruination of beautiful cars. They're horrible looking things (to me).

Can you really see that going far? I doubt it. I'm also a little surprised to see Callaway's name attached in light of previous failures.

Again, it's only my humble opinion. It just wouldn't work for me...Who knows what others think. that's their business and money.

C.

Last edited:
Interesting article. Must admit I had never heard the phrase "shooting brake design" before. I understand the concept but why they used these words to describe it is beyond me. Can anyone help?

I wouldn't want one but I am not as opposed as most of you. In some ways I actually like the FF.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread