i know !!! i know !!! why don't we take a 55 nomad and turn it into a 4 door !!! :rofl: some things aren't meant to be messed with. some folks like all that george barris stuff too, not me, yecchhh.

Some would say it borders on sacrilege .. Some mods are tasteful but to take a perfectly nice and sometimes rare car to change it beyond recognition is, IMHO, not right.
I believe that part of the ownership experience is preservation of the gem.

To each his own tho - I wouldn't like someone stopping me from doing what I wanted to do.

Wayne ...... maybe you would then be worried about being the victim of a lynch mob..........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

C.

......drum ...different :)

seriously, what does interest me is the history of the "breed"

less interesting is how modern car makers try to revive the idea

although I think the Ferrari and Volvo efforts have some appeal. Then again if we all had the same views this would be a very boring world.

Ah !! The missing piece is that Canadians don't have the cultural background
to understand the origin of the ' shooting brake' design.
Was popular when I was younger, and used by the landed gentry when they
did infact go shooting on their estate. [ pheasants/partridge etc. NOT, I repeat
NOT hunting peasants !! ]. Vehicle often had bench front and rear seats and lots of
room behind the rear seats, often 5 ft. or more.

I have to kinda agree with Wayne, we each put down our money and after that it's your choice. The wagon is about the same as turning a Vette into a Pro Mod, Funny car or I've even seen one as a mud bogger on a four by four chassis.
Corvette 4x4 Mud Bogging - YouTube

Absolutely no doubt about that Rob -- I have already said I agreed with that in so many words :D .... All I'm saying is you'd better have thick skin and a flame suit handy -- Everyone has an opinion and from my experience they don't mind sharing it on some of these strange 'things' one sees....:D

C.

Ah !! The missing piece is that Canadians don't have the cultural background
to understand the origin of the ' shooting brake' design.
Was popular when I was younger, and used by the landed gentry when they
did infact go shooting on their estate. [ pheasants/partridge etc. NOT, I repeat
NOT hunting peasants !! ]. Vehicle often had bench front and rear seats and lots of
room behind the rear seats, often 5 ft. or more.

LOL Tony --"shooting brake" here with endless terrain and wilderness wouldn't go too far now would it........:D
An ATV/snowmobile/or even a dog team might be more in order...:D

Don't forget England is about the size of Lake Ontario. I'll wager some English "estates" stretched from shore to shore.back in the day...:rofl:

C.

Anyway......meanwhile back at the ranch !!

IF I HAD to spend the $15000, personally I would prefer it went under the
hood !!
To me, one of the attractions of our cars is the fact that we can park
them in a public lot, and be pretty confident it will still be there, in one
piece, when we return. Not so sure with some other cars.

Tony,
welland

......drum ...different :)

seriously, what does interest me is the history of the "breed"

less interesting is how modern car makers try to revive the idea

although I think the Ferrari and Volvo efforts have some appeal. Then again if we all had the same views this would be a very boring world.

Oh absolutely Wayne -- but what's really attractive is the NAME. Hang the right name of some POS and there will be someone who will say "OOOOO that's different -- I think I like it"....... or "Gee it's different" or "I'm not sure..........but the name says Ferrari or Volvo or Callaway so it's got to be good"........

LOL, I say horse manure ... it's just somebody's wild imagination and someone else's big bucks budget that comes up with this stuff and someone else seeing it and saying it has to be good due to a name.

........and to boot, who ever buys a Corvette for practicality? I certainly didn't and I don't know anyone who did.
If you're heeled enough to have a 'vette you're probably heeled enough to have a station wagon and/or a sedan, and/or an SUV if you need that much room. After all, there is some room in a corvette isn't there. It's not as if you can't go anywhere due to lack of any space.

To my mind you don't want anything compromising a Corvette or a Ferrari or a Porsche .......... or any specialty car......

Again I'll say, in case anyone missed it -- it's their money --They spend it on whatever they please jsut like I do with mine.

Just don't expect to not get an opinion on it tho, and sometimes a very pointed one :D

that's my drum beat and I'm happy with it.:D

YMMV --

C.

Last edited:
BTW .. the so called "Shooting Brake" should actually be called and spelled :

"Shooting Break"

Thank you Tony for clearing that up for me.
I couldn't for the life of me make any sense of a shooting brake.
"shooting break" is an entirely different matter.

Not that I'm ever likely to need one or two or three of these vehicles such as some do whom we know and love and shall go unnamed for now ..... who also has a mansion with gentry and pheasants and peasants and any number of luxuries I'm not very familiar with......

All pheasant/peasant hunters on here : good hunting with your shooting brakes today........:rofl:

I think you all must be very nice pheasant pluckers.

Let's hear you say that 6 times very quickly in mixed company......:rofl:

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread