Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
I have a 2023 2LT and I'm quite satisfied with the sound system the car comes with and it's 14 speakers in such a tiny cockpit, but I've read in many posts that some C8 owners are not happy with it. I was recently walking through a couple of high end dealerships and was shocked to see such expensive cars come with 6 and 4 speakers!!!! Imagine paying over 600K (US) and only getting 6 speakers, or the Lambo for 375K and only getting 4 speakers!!! I know we don't buy a car for the amount of speakers, but I can't imagine the sound system in these 2 cars match the price for the car.....
tempImageF1Njt2.jpg
tempImageDLtxtX.jpg
tempImageFvif5j.jpg
tempImagehRDpnt.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
For the amount of room the designers had to work with and it being a factory OEM stereo I'll give it a 6 out of 10, if you removed the factory paper Bose subwoofer from the door you'd see how cheap it is

Many think Bose is high end, it's NOT

Also the amount of speakers in a vehicle has nothing to do with the quality and volume of sound, give me a good set of tweeters with mids up front, some mid-bass behind the seats and 2 subs ( total of 8 ) would smoke this 14 speaker.

I have a flat plane crankshaft beauty on its way so stereo won't be a priority

Last edited:
I have a 2023 2LT and I'm quite satisfied with the sound system the car comes with and it's 14 speakers in such a tiny cockpit, but I've read in many posts that some C8 owners are not happy with it. I was recently walking through a couple of high end dealerships and was shocked to see such expensive cars come with 6 and 4 speakers!!!! Imagine paying over 600K (US) and only getting 6 speakers, or the Lambo for 375K and only getting 4 speakers!!! I know we don't buy a car for the amount of speakers, but I can't imagine the sound system in these 2 cars match the price for the car.....View attachment 117742View attachment 117746View attachment 117747View attachment 117750
When one considers the age of a lot of C8 buyers it could explain it…..sorry, I didn’t catch that ?

• Haha
Reactions: butsy
It's an extremely high end cheap unit! :devil1:
But at the same time the Bose 901 speakers are legendary and still in demand if you could find them. I only have their noise cancelling headphones which are very good but went with all SVS speakers when I put together my current 7.2.4 Atmos system. Now they are something to hear, especially their subs . Arguably the best sub woofers available. I just wish I could fit it all in the car!

But at the same time the Bose 901 speakers are legendary and still in demand if you could find them. I only have their noise cancelling headphones which are very good but went with all SVS speakers when I put together my current 7.2.4 Atmos system. Now they are something to hear, especially their subs . Arguably the best sub woofers available. I just wish I could fit it all in the car!
I'm not an audiophile. I just like the tune. If I can sing along, I'm happy. lol

Bose still makes some good equipment. GM asked them for gear as cheap as they can make that will still carry the Bose name. They've been doing that for at least the last 6 generations of Corvette and owners have been complaining and changing them out for something better ever since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.