Bristol is lovely. Went there for a course once! I’m only on my second vette. Looking forward to getting it delivered to Calgary. Also looking forward to meeting proud corvette owners across Canada especially when the weather improves!
Hi Omair, this is the GM Home Office Letter that was sent to dealers, I was mentioning on Friday. You don't need to call GM with this letter. It cost me over $800 to get the DCT filter changed at my selling dealer on my 2020 C8. This will save you that kind of money doing the same thing. The filter alone was priced at $244.07 back in May 2021 with gasket and bolts. Book rate is 3.5 hours labour as well. In many cases the people on this forum know more than the dealers do. Just let us know if you need anything else! Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpg
    IMG_5253.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 28
  • GM Home Office Letter.pdf
    405.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Murray20c8
Yea I figured as much
Story of my life
Thanks for the info I’m gonna call gm tomorrow and bitch a little bit mabe they will do something for me 😐🤢
They almost assuredly go by the book time set by GM. "It's too protect you against a slow technician" B.S. You might be able to get the filter cheaper (or even elsewhere)

I wonder what they will offer for oil changes and DCT filter for the Z06? I've not seen anything online?
It should be the same for you as well with your Z06. The letter I posted references 2023 Model Year Corvettes. I would hang
on to the letter when your DCT time comes up. I uploaded a better scanned copy of the letter in my last post.

Last edited:
Hey would you know if the first DCT filter change is covered on the 2021 model year ??
I asked GM about my 2020 and they said the DCT filter change wasn't part of the complimentary service. A friend of mine has a 2021 and he had to pay for his DCT filter change. That said, I'm pretty sure that GM changed this starting for the 2022 model year.

I do deliveries of Corvette in Quebec for a local dealer Thibault GM. They have a closed trailer. We pull the trailer with a GMC Sierra 2500 with the 6.6l diesel engine.
On average it consumes 25 liters per 100km at 105 km/hr. The distance between Edmonton and Calgary is 300 KM time 2 for his return total ride will give 600KM.
At the actual price of the diesel, just the fuel will be around $375. On top of that, you need to add the driver salary which will take 7 hours for the round trip.
So at just $40 per hour you add another $280. Then what about truck and trailer depreciation and profit. So at $700 they won't make a lot of profit unless they can match another transportation on their way back to Edmonton.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I do deliveries of Corvette in Quebec for a local dealer Thibault GM. They have a closed trailer. We pull the trailer with a GMC Sierra 2500 with the 6.6l diesel engine.
On average it consumes 25 liters per 100km at 105 km/hr. The distance between Edmonton and Calgary is 300 KM time 2 for his return total ride will give 600KM.
At the actual price of the diesel, just the fuel will be around $375. On top of that, you need to add the driver salary which will take 7 hours for the round trip.
So at just $40 per hour you add another $280. Then what about truck and trailer depreciation and profit. So at $700 they won't make a lot of profit unless they can match another transportation on their way back to Edmonton.

Ouch. You guys are paying $2.50 per litre for diesel? I filled today for $1.63.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Ouch. You guys are paying $2.50 per litre for diesel? I filled today for $1.63.
Yes. In fact, it was $2.46 last week so I round-it to $2,50. The 89 octane is around $1.52 these days but at the peak it went up to $2.15 per liter. Corvette don't eat this low octane fuel so you need to add $0.25 per liter to get the 91 octane liquid. There is a lot of taxes on the fuel in Quebec which I believe you don't have in Alberta. Enjoy the low price in Alberta to run a lot of kilometer on your Corvette. I am doing around 18,000 km per year (6 months) with mine .

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hi all
Was wondering if members had any advice to share with me. Proud owner of a new C8. It’s in Edmonton and needed to ship to Calgary. Enclosed cost is 700 and open transport is 350. Not sure which to go for. Any recommendations and anyone know of a reliable service?
Tbanks
When is your car coming. My car is from Calgary and need it shipped to Edmonton. Depending on delivery dates, maybe we could get a better price on going two directions

When is your car coming. My car is from Calgary and need it shipped to Edmonton. Depending on delivery dates, maybe we could get a better price on going two directions
Hi
Car arrived in Calgary day before yesterday. Went straight for pain protection film and just drove it home! Roads were dry. I think I’ll be sleeping in the car tonight!
Enclosed shipping came to $650 plus GST.
Hopefully you get yours soon!

Thanks!
I should have ordered a new one with the C8 in hindsight!
If you want to order one, try Davis Automotive:

They are great to deal with and will ship right to you house

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.