I believe it is the same charger. However a word of caution, those Ctek battery maintainers are junk. I use the Noco Genius’s.
BestReviews.com list that Ctek as No. 1 "Best of the best". Obviously they haven't received your review yet Al..lol.. My Ctek I got with my C7 has been used nonstop now for coming up to 8 years on the original battery. I have no issue recommending the Ctek.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Do they come with a cigarette lighter adapter?
Canadian tire carries all the accessories.

E246C888-1B26-45B2-827B-A209BA649733.jpeg

BestReviews.com list that Ctek as No. 1 "Best of the best". Obviously they haven't received your review yet Al..lol.. My Ctek I got with my C7 has been used nonstop now for coming up to 8 years on the original battery. I have no issue recommending the Ctek.
I have had two. One got so hot you couldn't touch it. The other just died two days out of the box.

If you want to order one, try Davis Automotive:

They are great to deal with and will ship right to you house
Thanks
Just checked their inventory and don’t see the charger there :(

This is getting off topic, but on the subject of battery tenders. I'll caveat this with it's been almost 50 years since I was in College in electronics, but as I recall voltage means potential. Without potential no current flows between the charger and the battery. I can illustrate it with 2 water barrels. The charger can provide constant current as required so the barrel is always kept full. Battery tender issues are really not issues at all.

1673725160977.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
This is getting off topic, but on the subject of battery tenders. I'll caveat this with it's been almost 50 years since I was in College in electronics, but as I recall voltage means potential. Without potential no current flows between the charger and the battery. I can illustrate it with 2 water barrels. The charger can provide constant current as required so the barrel is always kept full. Battery tender issues are really not issues at all.

View attachment 104482
Hmmmm.... There were Battery tenders 50 years ago? For the newbies, you should also show the water barrel for a standard non float battery charger which doesn't recognize potential and will flow current constantly....

flow.JPG

And yes.... off topic began 40 posts ago but there have also been several questions addressed since then too.... Such is life on CCF. Look at the bright side. Other forums would have suspended 28 members by now and no questions would be answered.... lol....

Hmmmm.... There were Battery tenders 50 years ago? For the newbies, you should also show the water barrel for a standard non float battery charger which doesn't recognize potential and will flow current constantly....
Negative! I'm positive! ;) No potential it's impossible for current flow. Current is available, yes, but it can not flow

Negative! I'm positive! ;) No potential it's impossible for current flow. Current is available, yes, but it can not flow
Look at it this way. When you are driving is your alternator not still providing current? Yes, it is. It doesn't shut off. Your car actually runs off the alternator and the battery is the middle man. If it's OK for the battery when the car is running, then it's OK when you are parked and on the charger.

Look at it this way. When you are driving is your alternator not still providing current? Yes, it is. It doesn't shut off. Your car actually runs off the alternator and the battery is the middle man. If it's OK for the battery when the car is running, then it's OK when you are parked and on the charger.
I have both positive and negative views on battery tenders as well as chargers.

However, (yes I'm backtracking some lol ) that applies only if the battery has an internal infinite resistance, which it doesn't, so yes, I guess some current will flow as heat would be generated, consuming power, at the very least. I still maintain however, that using a trickle charger is no different than your cars electrical systems. Especially since your car is using battery with the alarm system etc.

However, (yes I'm backtracking some lol ) that applies only if the battery has an internal infinite resistance, which it doesn't, so yes, I guess some current will flow as heat would be generated, consuming power, at the very least. I still maintain however, that using a trickle charger is no different than your cars electrical systems. Especially since your car is using battery with the alarm system etc.
On newer models there is always some current draw for all the systems to be kept ready for that springtime push on the "START YOUR ENGINE" button.
And, if you are like me, every now and then a little look inside the car or trunk is always gratifying over these long winter months.

Reactions: Murray20c8
And, if you are like me, every now and then a little look inside the car or trunk is always gratifying over these long winter months.
LOL, ya baby! I think that is why I stopped using a car over. I like to look at my cars if they are parked for the winter. What's a little dust among friends. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.