Look at it this way. When you are driving is your alternator not still providing current? Yes, it is. It doesn't shut off. Your car actually runs off the alternator and the battery is the middle man. If it's OK for the battery when the car is running, then it's OK when you are parked and on the charger.
I agree. In the end, Ohm's Law decides what happening. An alternator provides a max of ~35 volts AC, 3 phase. It gets rectified and controlled to maintain 14+ volts with engine running and loads drawing current. Stationary, there's only a slight draw by the body controller for monitoring and security. A tender will electronically sense what's required and supply only the current needed to maintain the correct voltage, (engine off, 12.5- 12.8v). Compared to a basic battery charger that will try to pump out 16-18 volts of 60 cycle pulsing DC. Which peaks at over 20 v.

Negative! I'm positive! ;) No potential it's impossible for current flow. Current is available, yes, but it can not flow
I guess I agree to disagree...lol... A 12 volt battery typically reaches full charge at 13 to 13.5 volts. Most battery chargers put out anywhere from 14 to 16 volts. Would that not flow into a battery fully charged at 13 volts? I just put a new battery in my ATV. It came with a chart for charge time based on what amp setting used . It also had a warning not to exceed the charge time recommended for each setting. Obviously they did not attend the Murray College of Electronics....Positivity can often have negative consequences.... ;)

I guess I agree to disagree...lol... A 12 volt battery typically reaches full charge at 13 to 13.5 volts. Most battery chargers put out anywhere from 14 to 16 volts. Would that not flow into a battery fully charged at 13 volts? I just put a new battery in my ATV. It came with a chart for charge time based on what amp setting used . It also had a warning not to exceed the charge time recommended for each setting. Obviously they did not attend the Murray College of Electronics....Positivity can often have negative consequences.... ;)
In aviation we always worried about overcharging and draining batteries to a point where they accepted excessive charge. The excessive charge rate could lead to thermal runaway which in turn could have negative consequences at 36,000 feet. We monitored charge rates per battery as well as battery temperatures. In most larger aircraft I flew we were also able to disconnect the batteries from it’s charging source from the cockpit.

We typically used NiCad batteries and their personalities are different from lead acid, but the theory is the same.

Obviously they did not attend the Murray College of Electronics....Positivity can often have negative consequences.... ;)
Give me a break. College was almost 50 years ago. I've been in computers and not electronics for almost all that time. Anyway, you go ahead and do what you want. If a container is full, it's full and unless you go way overboard it won't do any harm. I've used a charger for almost all my vehicle owning life and never had an issue.
It's a "trickle" charger! Not a RAM THE SHIrT OUT OF IT charger! lol.
Yes, a RAM THE SHIrT OUT OF IT charger could overheat a battery because of its internal resistance will accept a small amount of current.
I Like I said, if a trickle charger can harm a battery then a car's charging system would also. They both are doing the exact same thing.
I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Love how this thread has tackled so may different angles of a new C8 ownership! From shipping advice, to charging advice. Thanks for all the very useful information, the opinions and views of forum members. Also had the chance to meet some very nice people! Vaughn and Rob.

Additionally car arrived safely to Calgary and had its PPF done. Did the whole hood, bumpers,headlights, fenders and A Pillars. Did not do rocker panels, when the savings build up, will likely add the ACS Composite z06 rocker panels and then do it. Rob gave some excellent advice to do the door sills which gets lot of trauma from footwear so thats on the to do list. Also will be purchasing a C8 trickle charger from a member of the forum in due course as well. Made some enquiries into Ceramic coating, and not certain if I will or won't do it. What do you guys think ? the quote i have gotten is $800

Thanks in advance!

Love how this thread has tackled so may different angles of a new C8 ownership! From shipping advice, to charging advice. Thanks for all the very useful information, the opinions and views of forum members. Also had the chance to meet some very nice people! Vaughn and Rob.

Additionally car arrived safely to Calgary and had its PPF done. Did the whole hood, bumpers,headlights, fenders and A Pillars. Did not do rocker panels, when the savings build up, will likely add the ACS Composite z06 rocker panels and then do it. Rob gave some excellent advice to do the door sills which gets lot of trauma from footwear so thats on the to do list. Also will be purchasing a C8 trickle charger from a member of the forum in due course as well. Made some enquiries into Ceramic coating, and not certain if I will or won't do it. What do you guys think ? the quote i have gotten is $800

Thanks in advance!
Amazon sells the door sills PPF. I bought some, but haven't bothered installing it.
Ceramic to me is a must. I was amazed how easy it is to wash the car now as opposed to plain paint or even Zaino.
800 sounds like a good deal. C.T. also sells Car wash soap with it in it. Not as good, but could be worth a try. I use it on our 2014 Malibu. I haven't washed it since, so I can't say how good it is. lol

1673920266636.png

I have used this at the start of each year since getting my C8 and washing it is very easy. Probably nothing like a proper ceramic coat, but seems to work for what I want.

If you want to order one, try Davis Automotive:

They are great to deal with and will ship right to you house
can u pm me as my pm to you won’t go through
jeff

So glad this thread did not go off topic and stayed with "Shipping my Car"
Looking to ship my car from Calgary to Edm. Recommendations?
I’ve used L Hansen’s Forwarding when I shipped my Mercedes E63 from London to Thunder Bay (about 1600kms) and it arrived in perfect condition. They are nationwide I believe.

Reactions: rockitman
So glad this thread did not go off topic and stayed with "Shipping my Car"
Looking to ship my car from Calgary to Edm. Recommendations?
The OP who started this thread had his Edmonton Calgary shipping questions answered in the first 20 posts. The recommendations you appear to be looking for will be there as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I just received my car from Calgary and used Renee from Ultimate. Had her deliver my Grand Sport from Vernon 3 years ago. She does a great job with many years experience.
Calgary to St. Albert $850. enclosed. Safe and sound.
Glad to hear that your car is in St. Albert now without incident. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the new wheels.

Promise this isn't sketchy, I just don't know the name of his company but he does have one! He moves everything expensive in the Edmonton area, he is the guy Auto Obsessed uses and JR's and others. He's got a customized enclosed trailer. I just used him yesterday and everything was perfect. He said he's been doing it for 20 years and travels all over western Canada, regularly going to BC. Anyway, he's a good guy and worked for me, I'd use him again. Jerry 7807195452

Reactions: Zedaholic
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.