Jun 2, 2020
Calgary Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Z51 HTC 2LT
Province
AB
Hi all
Was wondering if members had any advice to share with me. Proud owner of a new C8. It’s in Edmonton and needed to ship to Calgary. Enclosed cost is 700 and open transport is 350. Not sure which to go for. Any recommendations and anyone know of a reliable service?
Tbanks

Hi all
Was wondering if members had any advice to share with me. Proud owner of a new C8. It’s in Edmonton and needed to ship to Calgary. Enclosed cost is 700 and open transport is 350. Not sure which to go for. Any recommendations and anyone know of a reliable service?
Tbanks
This time of year, enclosed. For $150/day you could rent an enclosed trailer from Flaman and do it yourself.

I've rented an enclosed trailer from Mountain View trailers in High River in the past. They are good. I think they have a drop off location in Calgary I think? Make sure you have the C8 tow hook to make things easier. I bought my hook from Carters and they had them in stock. Mountain View may know someone who can pull trailer if you don't have a truck large enough.

…or buy one of these…would save the rental fee lol.

1E40D778-2E90-443C-AE0F-252B397B4DB3.jpeg

Thanks for the response! Looks like enclosed trailer is the way to go. Don't have a truck so will likely use the team they recommended at the showroom. Sleepless nights with way too much excitement with the car being in another city! Purchased from Northgate GM after a recommendation from a close personal friend. So far, very pleasant experience. Anyone have experience with Northgate?

Excellent. Thank you for replying. Everyone at Northgate was super helpful, clear with pricing, and I felt genuinely interested in finding me the right car. Very pleased. I do need to find out if i get the DCT Flush free of cost for a 2023 C8. apparently 2 oil changes are included.

Check and see if they still have the factory shipping cover the car arrived in. Might be an idea on protecting the car while coming to Calgary. I sold my 2020 car and still have the factory shipping cover if you want it.
Super kind of you. Went to see the car this past friday and there was no cover on it but I will ask the sales advisor if they still have the factory cover it came in. If not I will definitely reach out. The ones they are selling were a little dear in price if im honest!

Super kind of you. Went to see the car this past friday and there was no cover on it but I will ask the sales advisor if they still have the factory cover it came in. If not I will definitely reach out. The ones they are selling were a little dear in price if im honest!
All good. What is your car? coupe, HTC or Z06? The cover I have is from a coupe. I suspect other models are different.

Definitely go with the closed carrier. I always build and order all of my cars. My 2004 Cadillac was shipped/delivered from the factory in January of that year. It was on the typical multi car carrier the manufacturers use and I suspect my car was located at the front of the trailer, right behind the drive wheels of the transport. When I received the car the windshield and headlights were all pitted from sand from the drive wheels. When I opened the engine hood there were small stones sitting on the front portion of the car under the hood. Had I not requested to perform my own PDI I wouldn’t have found those small stones. My windshield and headlamp enclosures were replaced but they tore my headliner in the process. Frustrated!

Do not risk having your new Corvette delivered by open carrier!

Perfect colour car and interior!! My 20 that I sold was the same just as a coupe with Z51, 3 LT and high wing. Sadly I miss the car....
Amazing. Had a C7 3 LT in the arctic white and red interior. Loved it immensely, and have never recovered from selling it last year. This new C8 is definitely going to help get over it!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Check and see if they still have the factory shipping cover the car arrived in. Might be an idea on protecting the car while coming to Calgary. I sold my 2020 car and still have the factory shipping cover if you want it.
Called Northgate and they usually dispose the factory car cover once vehicle arrives to carry out the relevant inspections/PDI etc :(

Hi all
Tbanks
I would definitely go with an enclosed trailer and make sure the shipper is bonded. I had my 2017 purchase shipped from New Brunswick to St. Thomas, Ontario and it was well worth it for piece of mind! The cost difference for your new baby is well worth it. A friend of mine used to ship cars on an open trailer and he had some night mare stories. I hope this helps. Send a pic when you get it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.