Just uploading some videos for you guys, it was quite a night and we just finished checking out our new toys
Quick question Morgan that just popped into my head. Since you are the first to get the C8's my question is do you guys have to safety check the cars before they leave or has that already been done? Reason is I am just considering telling my deanship ( if I even get my car this year) is to just leave the car wrapped and I will unwrap it and take it home to detail it. The thought of mechanics wanting to sit in this car and take it out to fill up the gas and heaven forbid a few customers ask to sit in it for bragging rights makes me a bit nervous.

Quick question Morgan that just popped into my head. Since you are the first to get the C8's my question is do you guys have to safety check the cars before they leave or has that already been done? Reason is I am just considering telling my deanship ( if I even get my car this year) is to just leave the car wrapped and I will unwrap it and take it home to detail it. The thought of mechanics wanting to sit in this car and take it out to fill up the gas and heaven forbid a few customers ask to sit in it for bragging rights makes me a bit nervous.
lot of things to cover in this question,
So the vette needs to get a PDI done to it before anyone from the sales side or customer can drive the vehicle on public roads. If you get a vette from me I host an unwrapping ceremony for you where you will be able to get in to your UNTOUCHED vette and be the 3rd person that touches it (truck driver. me, than you). After we unwrap it we than will allow our two Corvette Master technicians to do the PDI and it is than put in our corvette storage facility safely hid from the public. We have a mobile fuel service that comes to us so there is no excuse for a lot boy to be taking the keys from our locked safe and drive the vette. I treat these how i would want mine to be treated.

Wow Morgan. Great info and great care of these specialty cars. Thanks for the speedy reply too. I would have no problem walking away from a deal if the car had any scratches on it. I have done that before. I bought a 2019 Corvette from the showroom floor. Looked not bad in the showroom with basic lighting. But when I got it home under my 24 day maker lights in my garage there were scratches all over it. No doubt from wildling kids being around it or careless adults leaning over it with zippers and such scratching the paint. I took it right back to the dealer and told them to keep it. They had already put paint protection on it before and offered to buff the scratches out but I said nope. If you can't keep this car as new maybe somebody else will settle for it the way it is. Actually someone did buy it several months later from the showroom. Guess they had lower standards than me cause I get a little anal when dropping over 100K on a car.
Thanks again.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
@Morgan @ Finch C
Noticed there was something behind the back license plate that I think you might have referred to as the manual engine access release.
I also saw you demonstrate the location of the pressure pad release point front the front hatch.
Wondering if you can video the manual driver door entry - should it remain and if the key fob still allows a keyed access method & where/how?
Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: OttawaKev
@Morgan @ Finch C
Noticed there was something behind the back license plate that I think you might have referred to as the manual engine access release.
I also saw you demonstrate the location of the pressure pad release point front the front hatch.
Wondering if you can video the manual driver door entry - should it remain and if the key fob still allows a keyed access method & where/how?
Perhaps share this part with the Red C8 ... as it looks like yours is on the hoist and somewhat "dismantled" ... yoikes!
Thank you
That spot in the back is the trunk key release so have a screwdriver in your pocket at all times hahahahaha :) and for the driver door release it is precariously placed in the top under the side vent. Can't wait to see the powder-coated wheels!

That spot in the back is the trunk key release so have a screwdriver in your pocket at all times hahahahaha :) and for the driver door release it is precariously placed in the top under the side vent. Can't wait to see the powder-coated wheels!
Ya the key thingy behind the plate is clear in his youtube video. I could not see anything in regard to a manual driver door release and “top” and “side vent” as you reply pretty much needs the car in front of me to clearly understand. I’ll just wait until i have a C8 in front of me. Thx

... follow-up ...
ok I see there is no crazy pull chord apparatus like in the C7 but rather an exterior key access in the driver door. all good as I was wondering if they actually did it on the actual retail delivered factory c8 - which they diid. Asking because I commonly see this on preproduction vehicles ... this one was on a preproduction 2019 GMC Sierra & Chevy Silverado in April of 2018 when I was at Spring Mountain the day before the Release Event there. Now that I have a 2019 Sierra, I can see a few things are different from the "mules" that I photographed.
DSC_0075a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OttawaKev
Ya the key thingy behind the plate is clear in his youtube video. I could not see anything in regard to a manual driver door release and “top” and “side vent” as you reply pretty much needs the car in front of me to clearly understand. I’ll just wait until i have a C8 in front of me. Thx
The wheels actually looked absolutely fine to me but even I have a box of real CF mod parts for my c7 ... so to each their own as always.
Where you place your fingers to open the drivers door there is a spot for the key behind that is I guess a better way to describe it.

Where you place your fingers to open the drivers door there is a spot for the key behind that is I guess a better way to describe it.
Around 5:17 to around 6:21 he mentions and t
Around 5:17 to 6:21 for the key holes

lot of things to cover in this question,
So the vette needs to get a PDI done to it before anyone from the sales side or customer can drive the vehicle on public roads. If you get a vette from me I host an unwrapping ceremony for you where you will be able to get in to your UNTOUCHED vette and be the 3rd person that touches it (truck driver. me, than you). After we unwrap it we than will allow our two Corvette Master technicians to do the PDI and it is than put in our corvette storage facility safely hid from the public. We have a mobile fuel service that comes to us so there is no excuse for a lot boy to be taking the keys from our locked safe and drive the vette. I treat these how i would want mine to be treated.
Hi Morgan great to know the handling of the C8 is restricted. I also noted in your videos that Finch now has 2 Corvette technicians that will be the only ones working on the Corvettes. I just read the 2020 Corvette Track Preparation and can't wait to do some lapping days. Will the Corvette technicians be the only ones doing the Track Preparation at Finch including the track alignment? I want to be ready after the break in period for the track days and brake fliud change , transmission top off and track alignment are on my list. Maybe you have pricing for a package deal on track prep?

Hi Morgan great to know the handling of the C8 is restricted. I also noted in your videos that Finch now has 2 Corvette technicians that will be the only ones working on the Corvettes. I just read the 2020 Corvette Track Preparation and can't wait to do some lapping days. Will the Corvette technicians be the only ones doing the Track Preparation at Finch including the track alignment? I want to be ready after the break in period for the track days and brake fliud change , transmission top off and track alignment are on my list. Maybe you have pricing for a package deal on track prep?

yes only these two gentleman would be working on it. they stagger their days off so we always have coverage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread