I feel your pain. Mine was 17 days before it got loaded on the truck.

And mine was 3 weeks from its "birthday" before getting loaded on the train. Unsure if it got caught up in Quality Control or if it just sat. But again, anyone getting a 2020 is lucky given what's gone on and will likely continue into 2021.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
As far as I have read , the HTC`s are not built in batches ie 10+ but are spread out among coup builds. And I suspect that we wait until a batch of 10( to fit on truck ) is ready for Canada. That`s why some get it in one week , others in 2 weeks. Also could be 2nd shift starting to learn building the HTC , thus some quality issues flagged after the build.

I`m in Ontario. If you see it pass by, let me know.
I just missed the valve spring issue. Now its the brake boost stop sale issue.
This Grand Corvette in sky worship don`t work for me. It drank all the ceramic coating( mistaken for beer) offered and took a dump on BG.

• Sorry
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Not to be a downer but it sounds like delivery is halted until GM come up with a brake booster recall cure.

My car is shipped so the question is whether the dealer will hold up delivery to me, if the brake boost module has to get replaced first. Looking at the GM article and going to the website it directed me to, I entered my VIN but it came back negative for a recall although perhaps my VIN isn't in the system yet, since I haven't taken possession? Maybe all those who waited for a 2021 C8, will be proven right...

One article was for the engine valve spring for C8 built before 15 sept 20. The latest for the brake boost stop sale was for C8 built before 24 sept 20 of which mine is included.

any update larryd or netsinah ? My wheels wait, no update on shipping

My dealer was able to tell me when my car shipped, but only after it had happened. So perhaps that will be your fate as well. Then my dealer told me they weren't able to track its progress. It came by train to Western Canada (so likely for you too) then after being unloaded from the train depot, it was put on a truck to the dealer. I was initially told the dealer had no way of knowing when it would get to them; it would simply show up and they'd know at that point. However my dealer did give me a heads-up "on the day of" or when it was going to be delivered, so they must have received a bit of advance notice since they emailed me to say it was expected that day and after that, it arrived later that morning. So as you'll note from the dates below describing my history, it was almost exactly a month from when it was built to when it arrived at my dealer. I was kept in the dark during almost all of that time. I know from several other C8 owners, it took about a month or sometimes even a bit longer for their delivery, following the build date. It could be that quality control issues arise such as dealing with recall issues...but others have said they were told their C8 was sitting in the parking lot at Bowling Green, ready to go and just not making its way onto transport. So who knows. I understand it's hard to sit when you know it's been built...but my best advice is to remain patient and realize you're lucky compared to those who were REALLY DELAYED and put over into the 2021 year.

As for recalls, my salesman confirmed my car VIN didn't activate any recall warnings when he entered it into the GM website, so I've got the "green light" to pick up my car tomorrow morning. I was convinced I'd get stuck with at least one recall given my car's b'day...but no. So there must be other criteria aside from when your car was made.

Sorry if this isn't giving you an easy answer to your questions about delivery, but I do think those with a C8 made are fortunate given everything that's happened with COVID. And I expect there will be a 2021 shortage so others will be further disappointed down the road. You'll be driving your C8 soon enough and everyone who's got theirs, says it's well worth the wait and you forget about all of this initial worry...once you're behind the wheel. Here's hoping for a late arrival of Winter and some 2020 drive time for both of us!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.