Us C8 convertible wanna-be owners have heard different dates about when the convertible production will start but according to "corvetteblogger" (Keith Cornett) it will probably start the week of August 3/20 based upon the TPW's some convertible buyers have been given:

• Clever
Reactions: ABC and C8Jake
Quite likely, but there are many coupes with build days 1 week ahead of the tpw. We'll wait and see, but it won't be later unless something happens.
Let's wait and see, depends on second shift starting up as planned and running at full capacity and no further issues with C19. My TPW is August 17, hope it's not any later.

Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
Quite likely, but there are many coupes with build days 1 week ahead of the tpw. We'll wait and see, but it won't be later unless something happens.
I don't think coupe build dates ahead of the SORP of the HTC mean anything. GM always intended to build the Coupe and Convertible side-by-side. When Verts start, It all depends on scheduling not whats a coupe and whats a convertible.

I don't think coupe build dates ahead of the SORP of the HTC mean anything. GM always intended to build the Coupe and Convertible side-by-side. When Verts start, It all depends on scheduling not whats a coupe and whats a convertible.
My point was that a tpw of July 13 is being built July 9th. So A vert with a Aug 3rd could be built July 29th

Reactions: Sparro
I read somewhere, forget where, that they build a minimum of 2 convertibles in a row. A convert takes a bit longer to assemble and by building more than one at a time they regain a bit of that extra time somehow.
I just read (on Mid) where they do NOT take longer to build as far as anyone knows. All the differences that matter may be added before it gets to the main line.

I read somewhere, forget where, that they build a minimum of 2 convertibles in a row. A convert takes a bit longer to assemble and by building more than one at a time they regain a bit of that extra time somehow.
Thats how it was for C7s, but apparently its not like that for C8s

NO SOUP FOR YOU!
For HTC buyers this means you!
There is a host of concerns as to when the HTC are to be build with all USA forums from supply issues to building all coupes first, and most upsetting, none till 2021.
Our TPW are being juggled around every day.
Alas poor Uric none for you ( from Hamlet for those younger views).
This is the day 3 Aug2020. Let`s see.

likely 2 to 10 the first week as they slowly introduce them to see what it does to the speed of the line. Almost certainly they will start them on Monday. I'm even hearing the second shift could start as early as Monday, but more likely the 10th. That will help with the vert production also.

I hope very much you both are right.
Sparro has a TPW of August 17th with a status code of 3300. That means his TPW is locked in to no later then that. Next is 3400 likely sometime next week. I'll bet if all goes well with the first few HTC's it will even be built the week of the 10th.

My TPW is now August 3rd for my vert, but it's still fluid and there is still a slight possibility they can start on July 20th. It all depends on how many cars they keep pumping out and the startup of the elusive second shift.
I have my Mercedes Vert NOW bahahahahahahah How you doing man?

Kevin

I have my Mercedes Vert NOW bahahahahahahah How you doing man?

Kevin
Hahahahaha.... you're like my brother-in-law... he got a new 2020 ragtop C-Class Benz and he loves it, but it don't compare to the C8 HTC bro!!!! I'll be built this month, hopefully the QCH on verts isn't that long!!!

• Haha
Reactions: OttawaKev
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.