ceo2b

Casual User
Dec 2, 2014
Vancouver, BC (Langley)
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Coupeon order
Hi everyone, this is my on-going saga, if anyone has any information or suggestions, please be weigh in.

I'm a car guy and have owned 30+ cars over my 30 years of driving. I generally buy BMWs or Porsches. I have generally not been an American buyer but I am an avid car magazine reader and all the reviews of the C7 convinced me to buy one.

So in Jan 2014, I placed a minimal deposit on a 2014 C7 coupe and the dealership offered it at MSRP price. They were getting about one or two a month. Finally in late June the sales guy called and said that with current situation it looks like Aug or Sept production and I would be upgraded to 2015.

So I immediately found a buyer for my Porsche Boxster (still beginning of summer) and got a great pre-summer trade in (did an in and out). Then in mid Aug the person in front of me got their C7 produced. Based on this I traded in my SUV (in and out also) expecting my production for mid Sept. The car has now been fully paid for.

In mid Sept as I have been patiently waiting for my date, the whole recall situation happened. I was told maybe Oct, then Nov, then Dec. The dealer and GM Canada are not getting cars or allocation and now say maybe March 2015 production. So far I have confirmed that here in BC, there are no corvettes coming in at any dealer I have called and no one knows why this is happening. Any comment you have, let me know.

A second questions is if I was offered a NON-Z51, should i take it or hold out? Also, what does everyone feel about manual versus new auto 8 speed?

Wow, welcome to the wonderful world of GM and Canada and (in particular) BC Dealers.

An alternative might be to order one from a dealer in Ontario (Owais Jamali)... he is a member on this forum.... Ojamali. He might be able to speed up an order for you, and have the car delivered to a BC Dealer.

I ordered mine in March 2014. Finally I cancelled in September, after being able to find one on eBay... exactly what I wanted, and for a reasonable price.

Duecks is supposedly the largest GM dealer in BC.
I can give you the name of the person to call who might be able to give you more help.

Do you plan on doing any "spirited" driving ? (Track days, autocross)
If so, then Z51 is definitely a great advantage.
But if you merely want it to cruise in, the Z51 is not really necessary.

Oh yeah... I love a manual transmission, so of course mine is an M7.

But, the A8 is a FANTASTIC piece of machinery... according to those who have one.

Again, it is pretty much up to you, and how you like to drive.

If you want, we can discuss all this stuff much more... via PM, or in person.

But, welcome to the world of Corvette.... it is really a great car.

Last edited:
Sorry for your troubles and know you are not alone simply because you live in BC. I havent been in this nearly as long as you and, unfortunately dealers have the upper hand as a result of limited allocation in Canada. If I were you, I would first talk to the biggest dealer in BC and ask what is going on, stating that you want a 2015 vette. DO NOT tell him you are with another dealer as many wont even talk to you then.

Based on what you find out from him, and others here, i think you might need to make an educated decision with respect to getting your deposit back. What dealership is it? Do they sell alot of Vettes? Are they a very small Vette dealership?

Others can correct me but I believe Canada C7 orders are starting to breach late summer which mean you may not even get in for a new 'pre-configured by you' C7 if you don't act soon. Owais can help there as can TOVette Guy if he pops in...

Good luck.

I ordered my 2014 Z51 Conv't from 3 dealers in Alberta last March. 2 of them told me constraints had kicked in and they would get me a 2015- 3rd dealer said I could have my order without the Z51 option. My son walked into a dealership in Nanaimo, BC and mentioned my ongoing problems- They said they had an allocation and talked him into a 5,000 deposit. At this point my spidey senses were going crazy-BUT-low and behold- the vette I ordered was on the Island by June 2014. Lesson- make sure dealer has an allocation no matter how many vets they sell! One Calgary dealer received 2 special edition C7 conv'ts duringthis time,, but I hated the colors but was real close to giving up on my order and taking the a specai rather than get nothing. Good luck! and Merry Christmas.

That's quite the wait there! Sorry to hear that! I had to wait 6 months for my Vette, but it was worth every bit of the wait. Like others have said, try and find a dealer with an allocation, or hit up the Ontario dealer here on the forum to ship one over to you.

Good luck!

There are a few out there

Dueck Marine drive has a 2015 z51 Laguna Blue

If you like Yellow
Check Langley
2015 Z51
VIN: 1G1YMXXXXXXXXX142
Stock Number: 81039
Exterior Colour: Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
Interior Colour: Trim, Leather, Jet Black
Engine: Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2l, Di, Afm, Vvt, Ho, Alum, Gmna
Transmission: Transmission, Auto 8 Speed, 8l90

Surrey White one
2) Z51

VIN: 1G1YMXXXXXXXXX715
Stock Number: 81141
Exterior Colour: Arctic White
Interior Colour: Trim, Suede, Jet Black
Engine: Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2l, Di, Afm, Vvt, Ho, Alum, Gmna
Transmission: Transmission, Auto 8 Speed, 8l90

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. Here is some feedback from my end.

1. It is clear that the car is amazing and i feel i should wait it out.
2. Being that i have traded 2 cars in to save on the pst/gst, buying from a dealer outside of BC might not be realistic. I will check into it though.
3. I am aware of the 2 cars you mentioned but I plan to keep it for at least 2 or 3 years so i would rather get what i want custom - i have ordered a full load 2LT - white with red interior and black wheels.
4. I am still debating manual versus auto
5. My dealer is one of the largest in BC and has/had 14 allocations for 2014.
6. Other dealers have under 10 and all are on severe allocation until spring. This issues does not seem dealer specific.
7. I think ill wait for the Z51 for resale and if i choose to autocross.

Thanks everyone.

ceo2B,

You and I have been in the exact same circumstance. I was with the the top dealer in Ontario (actually Canada I think) and their policy was that I would be on a waiting list, they did not disclose the length of the waiting list and would not ever speak of position. They also would not submit my work order until I demanded it, and further, could never state or guarantee any news on delivery. I also know of two who waited for Z51's like you for over a year plus, one having moved away and received their vette elsewhere in a very short time, and the other having JUST taken delivery. Having said that, this dealership has a stellar reputation and stands by a tried and true policy that there are no 'special clients' that move ahead on that list. The list is the list.

I moved from that dealer as I am huge on transparency. If I am paying this much for a car, I want to feel like I am a valued customer, plain and simple. I don't always want to be in the lurch and wondering. Luckily, I found a Z06 dealer and am expecting my Z in Mar/Apr (believe it when i am sitting in it). If I could pass on one thing however, being the biggest dealer means they get more cars as much as it means that they have the longest waiting list; this is very important and you should consider all options.

Contrary to that, this site has a relatively small dealer (comparably speaking) that is a sponsored dealer and that is Owais from Gateway in Brampton. He might be worth a ring as they deliver Canadawide. Not only did Owais pull off some great sales from the site, but also, I think he is the only to advertise a Z06 allocation on a website in Canada and that was grabbed real quick.

That thread and his info is here:

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/c7-forum/6140-sale-2015-c7-z06-allocation.html

Good luck with your decision and remember, this is a great site should any questions arise. I am sure most have been in your place at one time or another.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. Here is some feedback from my end.

1. It is clear that the car is amazing and i feel i should wait it out.
2. Being that i have traded 2 cars in to save on the pst/gst, buying from a dealer outside of BC might not be realistic. I will check into it though.
3. I am aware of the 2 cars you mentioned but I plan to keep it for at least 2 or 3 years so i would rather get what i want custom - i have ordered a full load 2LT - white with red interior and black wheels.
4. I am still debating manual versus auto
5. My dealer is one of the largest in BC and has/had 14 allocations for 2014.
6. Other dealers have under 10 and all are on severe allocation until spring. This issues does not seem dealer specific.
7. I think ill wait for the Z51 for resale and if i choose to autocross.

Thanks everyone.

Firstly, get what you want, not what is fastest. It will end up being more expensive, as you will find yourself eying something else if you aren't happy.

Secondly, because you have already traded your cars, you would lose any tax savings if you moved to another dealer.

Thirdly, if your dealer ordered you a 2014 as a sold order in your name, you should be eligible for some savings off the price of the 2015 from GM, based on their price protection offer this summer. However, again, this is only valid if ordered at the same dealer.

Good luck!

Update.

Allocations have just started up here in BC. The person in front of me was just picked up. First allocation to go to order since Sept 2014 GM accepted it as a Z51 and first told him he had to switch to transparent and then allowed him to have the standard painted roof.

My dealer has 9 allocations (of 12 left for 2015) so they should be able to work our a Z51 for me soon as they change to 2016 in June/July. I am price protected luckily from 2014

I am still debating man versus auto. Any feedback on 8 speed.

long wait list

Hi everyone,

I went to Roy Foss Chevrolet in Woodbridge, ON today to inquire about a 2015 Z51 3LT and was told about a 18-24 month wait time... Is this right? Anyone been told similar timeframe from other dealers in GTA?

long wait list

Hi everyone,

I went to Roy Foss Chevrolet in Woodbridge, ON today to inquire about a 2015 Z51 3LT and was told about a 18-24 month wait time... Is this right? Anyone been told similar timeframe from other dealers in GTA?

Hi soundfx,

Welcome to the forum.

If the dealer has allocation then they should be able to get you a 2015 C7 by August this year at the latest. If you order a non-Z51 it may be sooner.

At Gateway we dont have any more allocations however we expect to get 2 more allocations in May-April (with a possible delivery latest by August).

Call me if you would like to submit an order for a 2015 and also benefit from a Price Protection. 416-826-7006

Best of luck!

Update.

Allocations have just started up here in BC. The person in front of me was just picked up. First allocation to go to order since Sept 2014 GM accepted it as a Z51 and first told him he had to switch to transparent and then allowed him to have the standard painted roof.

My dealer has 9 allocations (of 12 left for 2015) so they should be able to work our a Z51 for me soon as they change to 2016 in June/July. I am price protected luckily from 2014

I am still debating man versus auto. Any feedback on 8 speed.

(Cough Cough) That's mine finally as I Ordered Oct 3/2013 and was told its status 2000 as of January 28th 2015 from my Burnaby dealer.

2015 Z51 2LT Triple Black 7spd
Red Calipers, Mag ride, Carbon Dash, Dual exhaust, Pdr nav. :canada:
Expected Mid March delivery

(Cough Cough) That's mine finally as I Ordered Oct 3/2013 and was told its status 2000 as of January 28th 2015 from my Burnaby dealer.

2015 Z51 2LT Triple Black 7spd
Red Calipers, Mag ride, Carbon Dash, Dual exhaust, Pdr nav. :canada:
Expected Mid March delivery

Sweet for you, I ordered mine Aug 23rd haven't heard a word yet, no rush, mid to late April delivery would be perfect.

Not sure why a Z51 is so important unless you specifically intend to track it. From a performance point of view unless you are very little diff, same horsepower. I have a base car because I was up against the same decision last year, glad I took the base car. Mind you I did get the ZF1 package.

Last edited:
Not sure why a Z51 is so important unless you specifically intend to track it. From a performance point of view unless you are very little diff, same horsepower. I have a base car because I was up against the same decision last year, glad I took the base car. Mind you I did get the ZF1 package.

I prefer a Z51 for the bigger brakes, The larger rims and rim choice's, Slightly wider gripper tires, and the Magnetic ride control. Just makes it that much better. Just like I would also prefer a Z06 for all the same reason with more power over a Z51.

Would you think the Z51 package would have better resale? I am used to buying BMW and I always order the performance based packages. They tend to have better resale value as I generally only keep cars for 30 to 36 months.

Would you think the Z51 package would have better resale? I am used to buying BMW and I always order the performance based packages. They tend to have better resale value as I generally only keep cars for 30 to 36 months.

Everything I have read suggests the z51 does do better for resale. It depends on what the buyer is looking for. I too wanted the better brakes, bigger wheels, sway bar, upgrading shocks, etc. I will never track the car, just personal preference.

Since you went to Roy Foss and they cannot help much, have you tried Wilson-Niblet in Richmond Hill? They 'may' have more allocations. Roy Foss was originally a Pontiac-Buick dealer when they first opened on Yonge Street south of Steeles. GM might be penalizing them because R-F was not a Chevy-Olds dealer from the outset.

I 'think' there is either a Z51 or Z06 available in St. Catherines (sorry, don't have a dealer name). I heard this rumour yesterday when I was at the quarterly Quad C meeting.

I went for the Z51 option because I thought it was a lot of performance bang for the bucks and also the fact a Z06 with the Z07 package costs more than two base C7s. :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.