Eric, when I was a kid my Dad used to send me to the bootlegger with explicit instructions to come home with a Canadian gallon jug of the brown stuff not that rip off American gallon jug. He was a man who knew his litres.:Biggrin:

I'm not an old man, middle age and yes, I'm interested in mileage but also on performance. Most corvette forums have many threads about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the C7. I guess most people tend to be "older", whatever that means, before they can afford to buy a sports car. Other family, business and life factors come into play before we can waste our money on big toys. Now we enjoy!!!!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Nelson, it strikes me you perhaps are missing the point. We have cars that have incredible performance that technology has produced. The fact that you can get 650 horsepower and still get 30 plus mpg is a marvel I think. After all there are speed limits out there and people are not going flat out all the time so just chilling and cruising in some incredible machinery.

Sorry Nelson I am 245 short.:cigar:

Besides I am too old to be able to do two things at once and still pay attention to the HUD.:nailbiting:

How is the car coming along. Have you started to install the new parts yet? It all looks good.

Hahahaha. Ruffday......older than dirt.... It's good to get in touch with a bit of our Canadian history and have things straightened out.

I pretty much echo what B03Z states where people don't buy a Corvette for it's mpg, but it's so surprising with what they get that they have to talk about it, and I'm pretty sure this has been done since the C4.
And it's not only old people talking about mpg as I just saw a video of a kid who was into 'tuner' cars and bought a C5Z06 and was amazed at how good the fuel economy was.

As for being allowed to go from 0-60 as fast as possible without getting in trouble from the cops, I totally agree! But then when I was talking some other owners, they said the police can give you some sort of joke of a ticket citing some "display of power" traffic law??? Anyway, it was disappointing to hear that you can pretty much get a ticket for anything fun.... boo-urns.

Looking forward to seeing the new parts on the 85!

Hahahaha. Ruffday......older than dirt.... It's good to get in touch with a bit of our Canadian history and have things straightened out.

I pretty much echo what B03Z states where people don't buy a Corvette for it's mpg, but it's so surprising with what they get that they have to talk about it, and I'm pretty sure this has been done since the C4.
And it's not only old people talking about mpg as I just saw a video of a kid who was into 'tuner' cars and bought a C5Z06 and was amazed at how good the fuel economy was.

As for being allowed to go from 0-60 as fast as possible without getting in trouble from the cops, I totally agree! But then when I was talking some other owners, they said the police can give you some sort of joke of a ticket citing some "display of power" traffic law??? Anyway, it was disappointing to hear that you can pretty much get a ticket for anything fun.... boo-urns.

Sheesh Riley. That "older than dirt" comment was almost a month ago. Luckily you are just within my memory recall ability limit.... :Ack2:...
I'd have thought a dedicated member with nearly 10,000 posts would spend most of his waking hours here and have read that long ago.... :p

Opinions or buttholes? :D

Hey Ruff, looking at my post, it may have looked like I was calling you older than dirt but it more should have read like I was laughing at your comment.
Very true that I don't get on here as often as I should. I'm way too busy for anyone's good and should really pull back on a few things to free up some time......maybe someday when I reach the age of topsoil. :D

I got a ticket for excessive noise once. Hit the gas and squealed the tires. Classic RCMP.

Opinions or buttholes? :D

Hey Ruff, looking at my post, it may have looked like I was calling you older than dirt but it more should have read like I was laughing at your comment.
Very true that I don't get on here as often as I should. I'm way too busy for anyone's good and should really pull back on a few things to free up some time......maybe someday when I reach the age of topsoil. :D

Hey yourself Riley. Don't back up my friend. I am not the type that cares if you call me older than dirt.... or were merely referring to my post comment... That is what I love about this forum... We can drop comments and digs at each other and we can laugh at them and at ourselves. It even makes me laugh when I hear the old gray hair men being a waste owning a C7...... Trust me Sherman.... I haven't hit the 0-60 in 3.7 that GM claims....at least not at this elevation but this thing is damn fast and makes my old 430hp C6 feel slow......
Now...onto the important stuff... the stuff they don't teach in the mechanical discipline....hahahaha.... Damn I'm funny :buttcheeks:

You are already damn near as old as topsoil Riley.... Ideal conditions, topsoil can form in 300 to 900 years....Not long in the realm of earth's creation....
Now. Me on the other hand, being as old as clay, it takes thousands of years for rock to wear and disintegrate and form platelets of clay.... hmmmmm ... Ok.... Ignore all of that...sounding too much like you were back in class at U of S aren't I.

Lets just say that just because we have some years, we are still young at heart, and we still enjoy our Corvettes... just as much as the next guy... regardless of age.... And I'm guessing that there maybe a few members that would agree with me... nuff said... and I promise I won't bore you like this again... well... not for a few months anyway.... :Ack2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.