a vette "dually" would be different fer sure.......but you best be puttin' on some fender flares there billy-bob. :D

Now that would be a 'wide body' for sure. :D

I just might see what these so called "Salad Shooters" look like on both the GS and the '94. Why not?

It'll piss of the purists but, Meeh, so what. I'm the one I'll please most. :D

I kind of like them the more I look at them.

C.

Collin I have the key forgot to give it to you PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail. I just finished another set of these "salad shooters" as you guys call them. Will post pics in another thread.

Nice wheels for sure,they look good on 88/89's.If it was my car , I would leave the sawblades.Your car look's perfect the way it is.If you like the larger meats on the front, find another pair of 9.5 sawblades.IMO

Nice wheels for sure,they look good on 88/89's.If it was my car , I would leave the sawblades.Your car look's perfect the way it is.If you like the larger meats on the front, find another pair of 9.5 sawblades.IMO

I'll probably go that way after all is said and done.....but these ss's are so nicely finished it's very tempting.

I'm wondering if the OEM width wheels will suffice for the slightly larger rubber.(for now anyway). -- I'm guessing that the OEM's 8.5 or 9.0 width.

Thanks Louie -- pm sent.

C.

I have Heddman longtube coated headers. Had to weld in a 02 bung so that's untreated but besides that no issues, fit great, just keep in mind year/alternator size. Was a pain in the ass install on my 85' but was necessary to complement future mods. Also deleted my EGR which required the EGR delete pulley/mod for non compliant headers.
Regarding tires I'm a big fan of Nitto for a performance oriented tire.

Not long now until I go to Manny's for my April 7th visit. Hoping the weather won't be a factor.:D

Here's the plan:

-- Corsa exhaust (with X-pipe option)
-- Manual fan control
-- Suspension bushings
-- Trans cooler

...and finally Manny will install my new Pirelli tires on the OEM sawblades, balance and align. The wider tires should be ok on the OEM 8.5"/9.5" rims.

C.

All installed today -- exhaust is about perfect for me. Nice rumble down low and no drone on the hwy.
New Prothane bushings firmed up the suspension nicely and the new rubber softened up the ride since the rubber that came with the car was cooked.

A manual fan control for the cooling system and auto trans cooler rounded out the mods.

Nicely done Manny and the boys. Very pleased.
Will post pics later.

Colin

I was about to ask about the pictures. :D

Sounds like the car is coming along beautifully!

As for the headers, things sure have jumped in price! Looking for headers for my Camaro, I remember thinking headers should only cost $400-$600 until I saw the ones for my C5.... It was a surprise to realize I need to triple my estimate.

Colin, What motor are you putting the headers on?

Would it be an L-98?

Read an article recently where one of the Auto Mags rebuilt an L-98, they found a dramatic increase in power by going to the large tube intake manifold tubes. Pretty much a bolt in mod.

Resulted in a torque Monster, can't remember the specific numbers but they were significant.

Colin, What motor are you putting the headers on?

Would it be an L-98?

Read an article recently where one of the Auto Mags rebuilt an L-98, they found a dramatic increase in power by going to the large tube intake manifold tubes. Pretty much a bolt in mod.

Resulted in a torque Monster, can't remember the specific numbers but they were significant.

Hey Don, engine is an LT1 and I had to forgo the headers for now due to budget restraints. As Riley says prices are now much different for headers and that put them out of reach for now anyway.

Interesting about the "large tube intake tubes". Don't know if the LT1 would benefit the same as the L98 which intake is much different to mine. -- I'd have to discuss that with Manny.

Manny was able to take the OEM exhaust off in one piece - It is a thing of beauty but felt very heavy. I got the scales out and found it weighed 71lbs.
I didn't get a chance to weigh the Corsa system but I can see it weighing about half that. - That weight saving must be equal to a couple of free ponies.

Glad to see the weather improve here to get the 'vettes out to play.

Colin.

I was about to ask about the pictures. :D

Sounds like the car is coming along beautifully!

As for the headers, things sure have jumped in price! Looking for headers for my Camaro, I remember thinking headers should only cost $400-$600 until I saw the ones for my C5.... It was a surprise to realize I need to triple my estimate.

Absolutely Riley -- When I first thought of headers back when, I was thinking of a few hundred maybe 5 tops -- but those days are gone......at least for these more modern cars.....I was surprised to learn that a decent set would be closer to 2g's.
That's going to take a little more 'planning' to realize. :D

The new tires are peace of mind. Apparently the tires that were taken off were pretty much cooked. Lots of tread and visually good but old, punky rubber made them somewhat of a hazard.

I'm glad they didn't let Steamer and me down on our trip back from the west coast.

C.

Colin, I am happy for you that this all worked out and you are satisfied with the upgrades. Good safety and performance advice for all on the tires. Once all the mods and horsepower increases have taken place the tires still are the only contact with the pavement and they are not worth taking any chances on.

Enjoy the revitalized C4.:)

Colin, I am happy for you that this all worked out and you are satisfied with the upgrades. Good safety and performance advice for all on the tires. Once all the mods and horsepower increases have taken place the tires still are the only contact with the pavement and they are not worth taking any chances on.

Enjoy the revitalized C4.:)

Thanks Murray -- I'm glad to have it done, and glad I found some good tires to put on her. Thanks to 88Blackz51 (Louie) for stepping up with a killer deal for me on a set of Perellis.

That is quite a difference in weight! I had no idea exhaust weighed so much! Glad to hear the new pipes are giving some good tunes!

Half the weight of the OEM might be a little optimistic but certainly lighter by quite a bit. I'm going onto Corsa's website to see if they show actual weights of their systems.

Got a few pics today of the Corsa system, and the monster Pirellis installed. Not quite as wide as the GS's tires but impressive just the same at 285mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread