CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Any C4 owners with Headers? Preference? and what performance gain?

Have Corsa exhaust, Perelli tires, manual fan control, trans cooler and prothane bushings coming soon too.

C.

Last edited:
If you are planning on coated headers, don't waste money on the factory coated headers. Buy uncoated headers and take then to a quality coating place. I made the mistake a few years ago and all the sharp edges were starting to rust within a year. The el Camino was only summer driven and stored away in the winter. With the old Chevelle, I just used high heat barbecue paint and it seemed to work as well as anything else and certainly better than the coating that I had.

Thanks Keith. I do have Ceramic coating on my GS's LG headers, but doubt I'll get the C4's done. I was mainly interested in what brand of header people have on their C4 and if they found them helpful performance wise.

C.

On the old musclecars, I had good luck with Hedman headers for fit and quality. Hooker didn't seem to realize that you had to run sparkplugs and plug wires and the collectors hung low creating ground clearance problems. This was on Chevelles and quite a few years ago. The way things change these days, I'm afraid to recommend anything based on a decade or two old experience.

I have Hedman on my C3 Colin and they fit very well. I would imagine it would be the same quality on a C4. And mine have their HTC coating.

Last edited:
Well, if we are bringing our Chevelles into the conversation :D, I have Flowtech headers on mine. The coating lasted about a week or so which was nice as they stunk as they burned the paint off. It had headers on it before but we needed new ones when we switched it from a powerglide to a 4-speed so I don't know if the difference in power was the headers or transmission. I only read one review on them and they did very well. Lots of room for plugs and stuff.

I know this adds nothing useful to this thread, but it makes me feel better. :D

Back in the '60's and '70's one could get a set of headers for $300-$500. Now one has to think about cats and fittings for various electrical appliances, -- end result is a big jump in price....
Quite a shocker -- so the headers will have to wait for another year.

I'll just have to settle for the Corsa system and various other mods this spring.

Manual control for cooling fans, tranny oil cooler, suspension busings (prothane).

C.

Made a great score today thanks to 88Blackz51 (Louie)..

Huge thanks Louie .... they really are beautiful and everything you said they'd be.
Completely and professionally refinished '88 'Salad Shooters' beautifully powder coated and shod in brand new Pirelli P-Zero rubber (285-40-17) --
Just what I needed for my C4.
Going to see how the Salad Shooters suit the '94 and if they fit -- maybe keep them on .

ONly thing I don't have is the allen key to remove the center caps. Should not be hard to find one of those. (actually I have one)

Last edited:
I kind of like those wheels myself, but not on your 94. I would stay with the stock saw-blades. In my opinion. the 88/89 salad shooters wouldn't look just right.
Tony, look a little closer, there is two lefts and rights pictured.
As far as the key for the center caps, there is a couple of different ones. I believe Corvette Central has them.

Colin,
let us know how the car handles; should be interesting with 3 wheels
on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. [vbg].
At least thats my interpretation from your photo !!!

Tony,
welland

How's this Tony? 2 on each side and they fit the GS perfectly:

:D:D

Last edited:
I kind of like those wheels myself, but not on your 94. I would stay with the stock saw-blades. In my opinion. the 88/89 salad shooters wouldn't look just right.
Tony, look a little closer, there is two lefts and rights pictured.
As far as the key for the center caps, there is a couple of different ones. I believe Corvette Central has them.

Thanks Brian. That's what I'm looking for: honest opinions. I do prefer the saw-blades myself but these are so pristine I wondered if they'd suit the '94.

I've got a temp key which is a common 5/16" A/K -- which will do if I don't use them.

Great score Colin. Kind of surprised. Thought maybe chrome saw-blades were in the future.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Eric...the chrome saw-blades are the best looking on the '94 for sure. I was just putting it out there to see what you guys thought.

I should be able to sell these and get a nice set of chromed saw-blades.
These wheels are so nicely finished.

Cheers, and thanks guys.
Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread