Blade21

Casual User
Jul 15, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
Hi guys,

My name is Bjorn and I am from the netherlands.

I have build alot of KITT replicas over the years, and owned many corvettes. Now still having that childs dream, of building a 'full scale' remote controlled car. Like my 2006 corvette / A6 paddles.

The build will be professional style / so NONE controls will be visuable. Like the car is FULLY stock! And you can still use for you daily driver without large re-adjustments

Please, share your thoughts! HOT or NOT??
smile.gif

This is the donor car:

11701172_711808825590033_1953761522807107751_n.jpg

11866202_723498277754421_6756880941607927621_n.jpg

Question. With the remote throttle, does it have a return to zero position, should power fail or it get out of range of the remote?
Also, does the steering return to center when no longer giving the command to turn or do you have to manually turn the wheels back to center?
I noticed you don't have the brakes on remote yet. :D
And lastly, my guess with the remote start/shut-off is either door lock solenoid or powering magnets, but looking forward to hearing the real answer.

Absolutely awesome project!!!!! I'm really enjoying seeing what you are doing. Quite amazing.

Last edited:
YES. I used a magnetic soleniod. Tried a door lock solenoid, but was TOO bulky and no nice feedback. Then tried the new 'mini magnetic soleniods'...
It was just a little to weak. So I used the 'normal' size. But it was a TIGHT fit. I dont share all my 'HOW TO'`s....because this is a dangerous matter / dont want 'kids'
to copy this, but the button is so genius old school vs electronics, love to share the picture with you guys :)
P.S - The starting is hotwired behind the button. Turning it off turned out more difficult. Guessing more systems need a impuls of the
button to turn off the car? Seeing I am making every control aspect remote / also felt safer to have a turn-off function :p
-
Also working on a open swinging door. To my suprise, this is even harder then all the remote controls I have build so far!

NO. Steeringwheel does not go back to the centre on release / exactly how I want it.
Just like the brake system. A automatic car you want a brake that you can lock into place without holding it down.

NO. No brakes yet / waiting on the last package with motors and actuators. CHINA IS SO SLOW!

NO. Gaspedal does not go back to centre yet, but sure wisely to use!

Thank you for enjoying. I am amazed how little interest there is in this subject. When I build Knightrider dashboards or custom game-pc`s, I get crazy views
and comments. Building a fully working remote corvette.....with a super clean build (wich I am very proud off!!!) Seeing 'almost' all other controled 1:1 cars on
youtube are trashed cars or have HUGE actuators on the seats :p

Oh whell........People are spoiled after seeing 'self-parking and self-braking cars'. LoL

Oh whell........People are spoiled after seeing 'self-parking and self-braking cars'. LoL

Hahaha. That is too funny. It may show how desensitized we are getting to innovation. :D
I would like to see that self opening door! That sounds very cool.

Couple other questions. To get it to start, did you bypass the brake pedal switch? And, to get it to shift on it's own, did you have to defeat the button that locks it into Park?

I am guessing that interest will pick up once we start our 'amature' shoots of the car. Ofcourse we are gonna have some
fun and will recored it. Not sure if we will do it in dutch (with Eng. subs) or in english.

The brake pedal.....thats a good one. You indeed need to press the pedal to start > IF YOU ARE IN THE CAR.
The brake pedal was my first concern before I started / so I pulled the connector right away during testing. I thought / figure out that
problem after I got the starting working. After I plugged it in / it just fired up :p
My guess? Now that I think about it. There where C6`s that came with remote starting options from factory right?
So i guess you first need to trigger the door or seat sensor to display PRESS BRAKE. Hmmmm

All these freaking safety sensors LOL

Good job @Blade21. If my initial response was muted it was simply awe. Now you just need to kickstart a remote vette race. What's the latency/response time on those controls? And range?

Gotta check the specs. The actuators are being used with very low power needed and minimum movement. So absolutely not worried about lattency.
The only time you want the fearsly THROTTLE the car is only during controlled burnout or donut. For driving demos...1 till 2 cm will be freakischly fast!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread