Pretty awesome. Watching the show it seems it would be super handy to have the remote Corvette for really tight parking spots where you can't open your door to get out, or loading trailers would be so much easier as you don't have to crawl out the back hatch! :D

Pretty awesome! I was wondering if you were going to drive it around the track while outside of the car but I imagine it would be tough if you tried doing it quickly as you can't feel if the car is going to slide or not, it's all visual. The car is looking fantastic by the way and it is quite evident you're getting more comfortable with the controls.

ohyeah. Donuts are scary easy! Would be even more easy with more power ;)

This episode will be aired in a couple of months. It will also be in english with alot of info on the RC system.

Yeah, it could be possible to drive the track from the side. But I couldnt see the other side :p
Maby if i GET A JOB.....i will have some more cash for updates! lol

2 future updates in the making.

1. Automatic stop! I have no clue if this is gonna work. But I have a idea of hooking up a ultrasonic sensor system to my rc brake system. Lets see what happends :p
2. Vr glasses + cam. Gotta make a round on the circuit!

Also, slowing down the corvette project to start on the first RC kitt replica. Should be interesting.

Hey Blade! How does the ultrasonic sensor work? I guess it's not like the system will lose power but more of a potential issue that there could be signal loss from the transmitter? Would it be like a safety where the bakes are only released when there is a signal?

Looking forward to seeing the VR Cam!

NO WORRIES ABOUT LOST TRANSMISSION.

There are some custom failsafes.
1. Transmitter has build in failsafe modus
2. Transmitter cannot turn off when receiver is ON. Safety issue if you get transmitter problems/ controls disabled. Thats why I
solderd a extra master switch on the transmitter so you can turn if off incase of problems.

3. 2 independed servo brakes
4. (my new design) 2x receiver controlled by one transmitter. Also, both receivers have their own 'battery' power source.
And both servo brakes have failsafes. So

So you always have 1 extra backup. Ofcourse, before every demo, checking both brakes.

I just collect info on google. The ultrasonic needs ofcourse power / directly of the battery. Then, the output is in voltage.
The closer the object to the sensor, the higher the output voltage. Should work on my braking system.

Yeah, we are even planning on making a first world record attempt driving a 1:1 scale RC car 'fastest' on a circuit.
Maby this will set off a new 'hobby', lol. Still waiting on approvement.

Just having some fun on the circuit!

Hey Blade. Just catching up.... very kewl progress you have made.... great track video. Yes. I bet the lap around was a bit scary.... It must feel totally foreign controlling a full size car that way.... I had to laugh a bit at your pit crew.... The fellow in the lighter jacket was pretty careful to keep people between him and the car.... hehe.....

Yea, that dude was pretty jumpy.

You dont see it in the clip (I have cutted that one out)...there was one action where we all 3 jumped out of the way, lol.
Next time, we make a bigger circle. Problem was....for me its easy to keep walking next to the car and stay safe.
I know where its going. But the crue gets a bit excited seeing how smoothly I controlled the car and stort moving
in closer. So you have to watch yourself / the car / and the crew. But, after many donuts, tires start changing their tracktion.
So before you now, you circle ends up a bit bigger then plannend :p

But again, although its RC controlled, the same rules apply controlling a motor vehicle. Its not a toy and only demonstrate
in a safe 'offroad' location. And dont drink and drive, or you will hit yourself with your own car. Ultimate Karma!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I noticed that the brakes dropped in voltage when i was doing heavy steering work during donuts.
Cant have that!

To solve this, I have installed a condensator (like the ones for amplifiers) Nicely hidden!

12993335_828344903936424_1169639063727054396_n.jpg

12986979_828344930603088_4287461534189122149_n.jpg

12963530_828344963936418_2740850057937131660_n.jpg

12928258_828344980603083_8816110343695900382_n.jpg

12991107_828345040603077_7166007457810320848_n.jpg

That is awesome! And sort of a funny comment about drinking and driving! I wonder how you would explain that to your insurance that you hit yourself with your own car. :D

Very neat to see the progression of the work and thanks for the information on the redundancies build into the system.

Reactions: Blade21
I love the shot of the car doing the donuts from above!

No better inspiration than Back to the Future!

Interesting how control box, dashboard, transmitter and garage are the same words... or at least pronounced the same between our languages.

Back from the UK. No problems with the system and I even got to meet my youtube hero: Collin Furze. For those who dont know who collin furze is,
check out youtube! He is a plumber, technician, stuntman, engineer and more. Because of his shows, made me a better DIY-hard for building
my mods. I was very excited to show him how I did it!

Sadly, I am not allowed YET to share the clips we did next to the studio with the 2 presentators in the corvette, but it will be a cool episode!
Also the interview is in english, so now everybody can understand what I am saying :p

Lets hope this is the beginning of more custom projects for the BBC. I got their attention now ;)

13308315_853683541402560_5981489828595310606_o.jpg

13301544_853683551402559_8272281752105221372_o.jpg

Not really corvette topic, but for those who like to see more on my 2nd project: First RC controlled KITT replica (82 transam)

You can also add me on Facebook for updates: Bjorn Harms | Facebook

First updates:

RC controlled throttle with the 3/4 season led pedal. Still gotta hook up the servo.

RC controlled Shifter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread