Sep 3, 2013
ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1974 stingray
hey everyone so I just got my first vette 1974 stingray 4spd manual with a 350 in it. now I have a 427 I could drop in it also but im not sure about it. anyways my question is I don't know much about blowers can anyone give me info on the ex price, hp gain, what I would have to do to install one since it comes out of the hood. but yea here is a pic of it 1941dd9f-9815-45f4-b477-382b43557e2a.jpg

of your two options the big block i think would be the easiest and cheapest route to take. putting a blower on your small block brings some issues with it. the comp. ratio, suitable heads and valve train, a blower compatible crank and camshaft, some armour for the clutch, of course the hood, and is the engine in good enough shape to handle the oomph of supercharging. if you are going drag racing the rear end is a weak point. my vote would be the big block. :D

Wooooooooo Big Block! If you want to talk forced induction options, I would suggest giving Manny a call at Dasilva Motorsports. That way you can evaluate all options.

Have a serious look at your cooling system and front end before attempting this transplant. The added weight and heat generated by a big block, never mind the increased torque on drive line components, should all be considered carefully to minimize any downtime once the motor is in. Cooling especially, as the rad may not be up to the task. Good luck with your decision.......if it's me with a new toy, I'm driving the wheels off it as is until the snow flies.

She looks good, love the colour.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.