Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
Any thoughts on going black?
Any thoughts on the obscure title?

which-XL.jpg

Would only take a bit of plastidip and my amazing masking skills to accomplish.
Honestly I'm not sure about the "look"

notice any other differences between the two photos?

Go for it Wayne..... But better hurry up before the snow flies. Great time to be painting right now, no bugs around to get stuck in the wet paint. Your neighbours will love watching you spraying that thing in your driveway.

Been there done that, regretted it totally.
I painted a Cyber grey 03 AE red that I got for a steal.
Nothing but hard aches after a while with trim weather and ,stripping coming loose.
It is hard to to a great job inside the door.
I sold it and bought the color I wanted
My 2 cents

The only way that you will ever be happy with a colour change, especially white to black, is to do a total body disassembly first. There is not a bigger turn off, when looking at a nice paint job, than to open the hood, doors or trunk lid and see bits of the old colour in the corners. A good colour change is going to be expensive. Nothing wrong with white with a red interior. The first Corvettes got that treatment.

I believe he's talking about the rear valence panel fellas. Looks OK Wayne but I don't think it's necessary.

The back at the bottom is painted black like a c6in the 2nd picture.
It is a good detail as original
A little too much white
By the way if you paint iot black be prepared to constanly clening the road dust of the back, it really shows on a dark color .
If I order a C7 Vert I am going to order White with Black top and red inside just like yours.

Last edited: