Just read, that oil, should be changed , before storing the vehicle, in this case my C8. The reason, used oil has moisture in it and if the vehicle is sitting for a long period of time, the moisture corodes the engine parts. So I will be using my first in November, hopefully the same day as storage. Also new synthetic oil, sitting in, anything, lasts up to 7 years, without losing its efficiency. By what I read here, I must tell them to not change DCT oil, until I reach 12000kms and not during the first oil change.

I guess it depends where you live? If I lived in Vancouver I would probably drive it year round. I get this thing called lake effect snow and it’s not uncommon for us to get a foot of snow overnight. A C8 doesn’t have enough ground clearance to get over the bank that the plow puts at the end of my driveway just about every day.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I guess it depends where you live? If I lived in Vancouver I would probably drive it year round. I get this thing called lake effect snow and it’s not uncommon for us to get a foot of snow overnight. A C8 doesn’t have enough ground clearance to get over the bank that the plow puts at the end of my driveway just about every day.
Don't drive it on those days. Drive it when the roads are clear.

To answer the op's question.
Change it before winter and in the spring just drive it as the oil will still be fresh. It's during the hot cold cycles where the oil picks up water & contaminants .

Never understood why people store mass produced vehicles. These are only going down in value and you live once. I can’t wait to drive mine in the winter.
I buy cars , like people buy food. I get at least 10 to 15 % more , in trade in because it never saw snow. This is supposed to be my last one/dream car but ...

Drove my 2020 through 3 winters with snow tires and the car is lowered. Got stuck a grand total of one time. Also got $15,000 more than I paid for it on trade with 36,000kms.

solo snow.png

Don't drive it on those days. Drive it when the roads are clear.

To answer the op's question.
Change it before winter and in the spring just drive it as the oil will still be fresh. It's during the hot cold cycles where the oil picks up water & contaminants .
Changing your oil, when new, because it was in storage, is a myth, especially synthetic oil. The oil is good in the can or barrel for years, it is good sitting in your car. I will change it in November and roll all summer with it , until November 2024.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Drove my 2020 through 3 winters with snow tires and the car is lowered. Got stuck a grand total of one time. Also got $15,000 more than I paid for it on trade with 36,000kms.

View attachment 114252
I think, that getting more than what we pay for, is because of the rarity. Now with the big price increase , we might still get an uptick but production increase and dealers getting more, might put an end to that.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Changing your oil, when new, because it was in storage, is a myth, especially synthetic oil. The oil is good in the can or barrel for years, it is good sitting in your car. I will change it in November and roll all summer with it , until November 2024.
Isn't that what I said?

View attachment 114252

Thats pretty cool. Good or bad, my C8 is just a toy. Too the point, I am having a hard time justifying owning it at times. I rarely drive it to work. I have a new F150 Lariat that is my daily driver and I like being able to smash through snow piles with knowing there will be zero issues.

My buddy owned a Porsche dealership and he said that 75% of 911 owners drive them year round. He would order 50-60 sets of snows every year.

Maybe the E-Ray will change the C8 #s of year round drivers?

Thats pretty cool. Good or bad, my C8 is just a toy. Too the point, I am having a hard time justifying owning it at times. I rarely drive it to work. I have a new F150 Lariat that is my daily driver and I like being able to smash through snow piles with knowing there will be zero issues.

My buddy owned a Porsche dealership and he said that 75% of 911 owners drive them year round. He would order 50-60 sets of snows every year.

Maybe the E-Ray will change the C8 #s of year round drivers?
In Quebec, I do not see any C8 and rarely any Porsche, in winter. To each his own. I used to say, why have a car, if you do not use it in winter, until a friend of mine told me, how much more you get, in $ trade ins. Now I do not need a car in winter , much, I am retired.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.