Back to the original topic.
IMG_2192.jpeg

Warranty would be my only concern given that dealing with a manufacturer in the event of an issue is as bad or worse than dealing with most insurance companies. The extra, probably inflated price of the “ recommended “ oil over the lifetime of the vehicle isn’t that significant when you think about it.
True that. If you're driving a $100k or more vehicle, and paying up for that jug that says "SUPERCAR" on it makes you feel like A.J. Foyt, go for it. :Biggrin:

How many remember this stuff. Ran it in our early Super Modified and our C/Gas drag car. The unique odor of Castrol R made competitors think we were cheating running some exotic fuel. Sort of like Percy Also with a valve stem welded to the roll bar and The Jap would pull out his tire pressure gauge and made the competition think they had some secret hidden inside. Psychology was the big thing back then.

1710796064870.png

BTW watch when you are buying Mobil 1. Last time I went to Crappy Tire they had many kinds of Mobil 1 on the shelf and none said Dexos. I had to ask for it and it was hidden in the back behind the parts counter. Today I looked on CTC website for Mobil 1 and guess what they have 7 different types. I won't list them all here, but I only saw two that said Dexos. They were Advanced Fuel Economy and just Synthetic. Now here it is even more puzzling because you could buy both these types either with or without Dexos. They also have Mobil Delvac 1 to add more confusion.

Here is the definition of Dexos - Dexos is a motor oil specification developed by General Motors (GM) for use in their vehicles. It is a performance-based standard that specifies the quality and performance requirements for engine oils used in GM vehicles.

Now here is what Delvac is - the product was developed in 1925 as Diesel Engine Lubricant by Vacuum Oil, or DELVAC.

Looks like Mobil 1 oil is like saying my car is GM. If you have a C7 just watch out.....and a C8 good luck.....LOL

BTW watch when you are buying Mobil 1. Last time I went to Crappy Tire they had many kinds of Mobil 1 on the shelf and none said Dexos. I had to ask for it and it was hidden in the back behind the parts counter. Today I looked on CTC website for Mobil 1 and guess what they have 7 different types. I won't list them all here, but I only saw two that said Dexos. They were Advanced Fuel Economy and just Synthetic. Now here it is even more puzzling because you could buy both these types either with or without Dexos. They also have Mobil Delvac 1 to add more confusion.

Here is the definition of Dexos - Dexos is a motor oil specification developed by General Motors (GM) for use in their vehicles. It is a performance-based standard that specifies the quality and performance requirements for engine oils used in GM vehicles.

Now here is what Delvac is - the product was developed in 1925 as Diesel Engine Lubricant by Vacuum Oil, or DELVAC.

Looks like Mobil 1 oil is like saying my car is GM. If you have a C7 just watch out.....and a C8 good luck.....LOL
Amazon product ASIN B07MXPNH7S. This is the one GM recommends in the manual. For som reason the link I copied from.ca goes to . com but it is currently available on .ca . It’s even on sale with free shipping.