Needs tubs or narrower tires.
IMG_1977.jpeg

I’m still sorry I sold that one. But Steve was so insistent that I felt sorry for him. I know, in your dreams. But. That generation does look damn good in black. I love the chrome back on the rear view mirror. Common on quite a few GM units back in the day.

With a Pennsylvania car in the foreground? Plus this was in the Curly and Fast Eddy era when Eddy Bryck was the only racer I knew from around Oshawa......LOL
View attachment 121556
Good find. Interesting looking build. Bit of a wider tire or a bit more torque and he would need wheelie bars.

Good find. Interesting looking build. Bit of a wider tire or a bit more torque and he would need wheelie bars.
Hi 1st.
You have not been on this forum long enough to learn that that was part three of my "hot car" era, especially after my run with super modifieds. Even though we were competitors we all could help each other and sit and drink beer together. The picture of Eddy at The NHRA Nationals in Indianapolis was one year after my Drag Dimensions partner and NHRA record holder, Carl "Curly" Rowland and Percy Also, were Competition Eliminator runner up losing to Virgil Cates. Thanks for letting me rant here and enlarge my already swolen head. We need to sit and bench race when we can get together. Peter

Hi 1st.
You have not been on this forum long enough to learn that that was part three of my "hot car" era, especially after my run with super modifieds. Even though we were competitors we all could help each other and sit and drink beer together. The picture of Eddy at The NHRA Nationals in Indianapolis was one year after my Drag Dimensions partner and NHRA record holder, Carl "Curly" Rowland and Percy Also, were Competition Eliminator runner up losing to Virgil Cates. Thanks for letting me rant here and enlarge my already swolen head. We need to sit and bench race when we can get together. Peter
Interesting. I will look forward to it. I’m afraid your knowledge about the subject will far exceed mine but I have followed several different types of Motorsport for years when circumstances allowed. I was never in a position to participate myself beyond having a few friends with quick street cars back in the day. Bought a lot of Hotrod Magazine and Car Craft when I was a lot younger but that was about as close as I got to actually owning one, mainly could only afford beaters , lol .

I was never in a position to participate myself beyond having a few friends with quick street cars back in the day.
I know this is getting way off topic, but you absolutely must take your C8 to the drags. On street tires there is absolutely nothing you can do to harm your car and it's a blast to actually run the quarter mile with no fear of cops behind you etc.
I've raced almost every car I've owned in one form of racing or another. Most fun you can have with your clothes on!
Here's me in my Duster losing to a modified Barracuda.

1710248659894.png

I know this is getting way off topic, but you absolutely must take your C8 to the drags. On street tires there is absolutely nothing you can do to harm your car and it's a blast to actually run the quarter mile with no fear of cops behind you etc.
I've raced almost every car I've owned in one form of racing or another. Most fun you can have with your clothes on!
Here's me in my Duster losing to a modified Barracuda.

View attachment 121560
Great nostalgia. Where and when was this? By the way this was the start, you don't have to tell us about the finish.....LOL