This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bad experience with Champion Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear about this experience...

Any chance that Champion themselves or someone that works for them could be behind this ?

Of course its quite possible and its probably what happened but It seems kind of fishy that a fraudster could get inbetween your close dealings with this company after several legit emails with them

I am amazed that Champion has not jumped on board to help find out, at minimum, just what happened here. In the days of the "Corvette Shop" wars Champion was always involved but never once did dishonest come up. @PapaSmurf, wonder if you could get Champion to also file a police report, something very odd happening here that potentially could impact their business. Maybe they have not thought this through.

@DenisC8 is, sorry for your situation, crap you cannot trust anyone. Think that one is over the border of fraud. Not only a lot of money to lose but they put you, and others, in danger.

The police can easily find out who you sent the money to. What was the email address? No competent thief would be using e-transfer to commit fraud as it’s tracable.

That is the biggest disappointment I have. As far as I understand this was Champion's email that got hacked and not mine. Am I partially responsible? Yes of course, I should have questioned the email address they had me send the money to but I figured since I had been going back and forth with them on the very same email chain that I started that it must be legit.

I didn't expect Champion to give me free springs but I did expect something. I manage a body shop and if this happened to one of our clients we would most likely end up eating the entire cost just to avoid a bad review that would hurt our reputation.

I got nothing, not even an offer to help figure out what happened.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Exactly. As I said earlier their server has been compromised. Only way this could have occurred In this way .
No, their password could be compromised. Like mine was. Someone could have gained it from a compromise on another system as mine was. Once they had the password they could have intercepted Papas emails, add theirs to the chain and then use their own email address. I'd also suggest that somewhere along they deleted all other emails so as not to have Champion notice.

Reactions: Movie Muscle

The easiest and only easy way I can also see

Was pranouti@yahoo.com provided by champion from their designated email address or by text/phone?

When the transfer is deposited you should also receive a confirmation of the account holder who deposited the money. The above is not that email.

I also bank at BMO and note the www1.bmo.com tag at the top of your confirmation. Doesn't appear to be a legit BMO site either.

Yeah, go ahead Murray, click the link. Then you can add to the thread the embarrassment of being taken advantage of...
It didn't embarrass me that I was kind enough to buy someone a couch!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Grandpa Murray it's me your grandson. I've been arrested and need $5000 for bail. Oh yeah, they only take Beer Store gift cards as payment. Pranouti Courier Service will come by to pick up later...
Sorry, my name is PapaSmurf and I only have blue children, but their account info is 16B9345 password forkU

Status
Not open for further replies.