Status
Not open for further replies.
No, their password could be compromised. Like mine was. Someone could have gained it from a compromise on another system as mine was. Once they had the password they could have intercepted Papas emails, add theirs to the chain and then use their own email address. I'd also suggest that somewhere along they deleted all other emails so as not to have Champion notice.
I agree that is a possibility. Not definitive.

When I had my Shelby GT500 I got caught on a classified listing i had posted looking for an item, directly off the then Shelby Forum.

I paid someone who reached out and said hey I got what your looking for here is a few photos of it, if your interested let me know! I paid dearly and a notice was sent to all members to watch for said scams, did anyone refund me - not a chance... lol

Ya just never know anymore. I don't think Champion Motors is truly at fault here. The amount of online purchases people make now everyday, it's hard to truly know unless you call to confirm, which is not even possible in some cases...

Champion has been a trusted shop for decades .
sometimes things go wrong.
They are honest guys, local, small business professionals.
I have trusted them with my Vettes and other cars since 2000.
Rob and Peter are honest business men and good guys that love cars and want to help their clients achieve what they what with their rides.

Champion has been a trusted shop for decades .
sometimes things go wrong.
They are honest guys, local, small business professionals.
I have trusted them with my Vettes and other cars since 2000.
Rob and Peter are honest business men and good guys that love cars and want to help their clients achieve what they what with their rides.
That's good to hear, but they are not helping their cause ignoring Papasmurf. I wonder if they even really know about this and what kind of damage this sort of thing can do to their business. If I was running it I'd at least check into it.

That's good to hear, but they are not helping their cause ignoring Papasmurf. I wonder if they even really know about this and what kind of damage this sort of thing can do to their business. If I was running it I'd at least check into it.
Maybe they have. My guess it's on Pap. A simple redirect phish by hackers and you can type in any web site you like and get redirected to a fake site that looks exactly the same that can sound genuine and they give you an email to send payment to, never to be seen again. The email address his wife sent the transfer to should have raised the eyebrows right off the bat but maybe she wasn't aware that Pranitou [email protected] or whatever the hell it was wasn't the Champion contact email Pap had been dealing with. Seeing as how his initial email contact with Champion was their company name at rogers.com, the fake out is pretty obvious. It is an unfortunate occurrence but not totally unexpected in this scary tech crime world today. We all live and learn and I expect Pap has learned from this as well.

Maybe they have. My guess it's on Pap. A simple redirect phish by hackers and you can type in any web site you like and get redirected to a fake site that looks exactly the same that can sound genuine and they give you an email to send payment to, never to be seen again. The email address his wife sent the transfer to should have raised the eyebrows right off the bat but maybe she wasn't aware that Pranitou [email protected] or whatever the hell it was wasn't the Champion contact email Pap had been dealing with. Seeing as how his initial email contact with Champion was their company name at rogers.com, the fake out is pretty obvious. It is an unfortunate occurrence but not totally unexpected in this scary tech crime world today. We all live and learn and I expect Pap has learned from this as well.
Except that the perpetrator had to have knowledge of the emails and the request for parts. That can only happen if they somehow intercepted the emails. To that, I think Champion has to have some part in. Not intent, but they should be aware that they are most likely compromised in some way or another.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Except that the perpetrator had to have knowledge of the emails and the request for parts. That can only happen if they somehow intercepted the emails. To that, I think Champion has to have some part in. Not intent, but they should be aware that they are most likely compromised in some way or another.
Hey @PapaSmurf have you changed YOUR password? I wonder if your email wasn't compromised.

Agree. Surprising how many haven't clued into that yet.
Or just don't log in in public places. I never do and don't see the need to.
Edit: and BTW https logins are encrypted as is your email logins.

Reactions: KTJF
Given 'backdoor' entries, encryption isn't a total failsafe either.
Neither is a VPN then. On public networks VPN's mostly just encrypt the traffic. They are susceptible to "man in the middle'
attacks as well. I don't know much about cellular data, but it's best to use it or nothing.

Neither is a VPN then. On public networks VPN's mostly just encrypt the traffic. They are susceptible to "man in the middle'
attacks as well. I don't know much about cellular data, but it's best to use it or nothing.
Sure but the middle man had better be able to deal with 256 bit encryption for the data stream to be of any value to him.
Given 'backdoor' entries, encryption isn't a total failsafe either.
Only if the data is intercepted prior to it having been encrypted !

Sure but the middle man had better be able to deal with 256 bit encryption for the data stream to be of any value to him.
VPN's are only encrypted to where you are going. Man in the middle attacks, among other things, spoof other sites.

VPN's are only encrypted to where you are going. Man in the middle attacks, among other things, spoof other sites.
Give me strength. The fact of the matter is that the data is still ENCRYPTED ! From the time it leaves your device to no matter where it ends up until it is decrypted with the right key. The “ primer “ is an interesting and informative read .

Status
Not open for further replies.