Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a jungle out there. The thing is that Malware has become so effective that most users have no idea that they have been hacked. It not like the old days when you would get dozens of pop ups or a big GOTTCHA across your screen. There are so many ways it can happen it’s not even funny. Enough to make you go back to snail mail, lol.

GOTCHA.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I forgot to mention the bank was useless as well. My wife went to the bank as soon as we found out and asked for help but they said they cant do anything since it was an auto deposit etransfer. I thought for sure since we had the name of the fraudulent etransfer account they would be able to get it back.

This has scared me so much now I don't think I will ever do another online transaction again.

My wife went to the bank as soon as we found out and asked for help but they said they cant do anything
Have you never watched A Christmas Carol? ;)
Banks don't help! They only provide an easy way for you to help them make money! LOL.
There are similar Paypal scams also.
When I sold my Camaro he didn't get the car until he made 4 email deposits of the maximum which I believe is around 2500.00 I'd be just as bad. I trust to easily. But you didn't hear it here! ;)

I forgot to mention the bank was useless as well. My wife went to the bank as soon as we found out and asked for help but they said they cant do anything since it was an auto deposit etransfer. I thought for sure since we had the name of the fraudulent etransfer account they would be able to get it back.

This has scared me so much now I don't think I will ever do another online transaction again.
Be thankful you didn’t pay for your car that way .

I had an experience with Champion Motors here in Toronto that I think I should let the members know about.

I sent an email to them before Christmas asking for a price on Paragon Springs for my C8.

They replied to my email with a price that I liked and was actually cheaper than ordering direct from Paragon with duty's, shipping, taxes,etc so I was very happy.

I emailed back and said I would like to proceed. They emailed me back and asked for a deposit.

They said in their email that I could send them an etransfer so I decided to pay the entire $548 to them.

After I etransfered the money I emailed them and said that the payment was sent. They replied saying I could pick up the springs.

I sent a driver from my work down to pick them up and when they arrived Champion said they didn't know anything about the springs or etransfer.

I was quite shocked as you might guess as I just sent $548 to them after a long email exchange going back and forth.

They stated the last email they received from me was the one asking for the prices. They did not send me the emails after that asking for a deposit or saying I could come and pick them up.

At this point I was completely shocked as I didn't even think it was possible for a thief or hacker to insert themselves in the middle of an email chain and commit a fraud like this.

When I spoke to one of the owners he was polite and told me he was sorry and that I should be very careful who I send money to these days.

That was it. No offer to help. No offer to get me the springs with maybe a discount to make up for my loss.

I resigned myself to the fact that I had been taken and I would not get the springs.

Then without me knowing my two young sons put their money together and drove down to Champion to buy me the springs for Christmas.

When they gave me the springs I was pissed off that they did that for me and even more pissed off that when the bought them Champion did not offer a single penny of a discount to make up for any responsibility that they might have in me getting scammed from their email. They again told my son that I need to be more careful who I sent money to.

I am in utter shock that a company would respond like this to a situation that occurred in my opinion through their email. They took zero responsibility. Yes I should be more careful who I send money to but when I'm replying to emails coming directly to me through a company email address I was stupid enough to trust it.

Anyhow I just wanted to let people know about my experience and make your own decision who to deal with in the future.

The kicker is my brother owns a C6 Z06 and spent $5000 with them in the past. I spent $1000 a month ago on gears for my sons C5 and my other son owns a modded C6.

With 4 Corvettes in my immediate family and all four of us who love to mod our cars I can't imagine the lost business they have just incurred by simply not taking any responsibility at all.

What a Christmas!
Did Champion Motor comment if they ever request e-transfer from any of their customers?

Reactions: Movie Muscle
Did Champion Motor comment if they ever request e-transfer from any of their customers?
I've dealt with Rob the owner of Champion many times, I always send him an e transfer to save him the 3 % credit card charge or whatever the amount it is as he treats me fairly on pricing, thanks for the heads up that's not gonna happen again

I have also been scammed out of $580 in cash this season. I needed front tires for my BMW X5, with tires being $580 each. Before ordering tires found an ad on Kijiji of a tire shop selling used low mileage tires in North York for $250 per tire and $40 install. Called the guy who confirmed the tires are available, drove down there on a Saturday morning from Niagara. They showed me the 2 tires the are practically new that I inspected myself for any holes, plugs, cuts or sidewall bulges (I was suspicious because tires looked like they where dipped in tire shine) Told them to install them, the guy says sure wait in our waiting room, I said I prefer to stay with the car. He says I can’t due to insurance but I can stand outside while they keep the garage door open.

I watched them bring the 2 new tires and put them next to my car, take off my wheels and take both to their tire mounting equipment. I could not fully visualize the tire machine and the balancer. “New” tires when on the car and I paid $580 in cash.

Once I got home everything was fine, but the following day tire pressures were off. So while I was putting air in the tire I see a thin cut between the side wall and the tread. I turned the wheel and had my brother drive slowing while I inspected the tread and what do I find: a chunk of tread missing and a big plug. At this point I check the other wheel and it looks ok but there is a 2 inch crack/cut in the groove of the tread where the wear bars are. At this point I jacked up the car and took off the wheels just to find damage to the inner side wall of one of the tires that looks like it was glued.

Yep, they did a bait and switch on the tire machine outside of my field of view.

$580 is a good lesson, but the fact that those scumbags endangered my 100k SUV, my life, lives of my family and everyone else on the road next to me is evil.

Was this the email address you used?
[email protected]
Hard to hack Rogers, but if they used the same password for many sites it could have been stolen from a compromised site. Right Murray? :Shamefullyembarrased:
Yes Sir! That’s the email. It was them I was taking to in the beginning as they gave me the right price. It just somehow got taken over half way through the same email chain. Blew my mind.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
The police can easily find out who you sent the money to. What was the email address? No competent thief would be using e-transfer to commit fraud as it’s tracable.
I filed a police report but don’t expect to hear anything back from them.

Here’s the address I sent the money to.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.