It sounds like the LT1 can put up some very good highway mpg figures too.

Keith - It performed flawlessly on our long trek back to Ontario. Both Rob and I were very impressed with the old girl.
We didn't waste any time (tho we didn't speed) and with the a/c cranked on all the time she still yielded 30 mpgs.

Cost in fuel was $612.91 for the 4458 kilometer trip to Fergus.

Pity I missed you Tuesday -- I had a busy day.....Will hook up another time I'm sure.

Colin

$612.91 is pretty cheap for a cross country trip! Especially for a performance car! Love the pics you've posted so far! When do you get the plate on the ol' girl? I know when I brought mine up from the States, the day I got to put the plate on the car was one of the best days ever!

$612.91 is pretty cheap for a cross country trip! Especially for a performance car! Love the pics you've posted so far! When do you get the plate on the ol' girl? I know when I brought mine up from the States, the day I got to put the plate on the car was one of the best days ever!

The license plate? That's already on her. Spent a while on Tuesday with the registry office people and she's now plated and officially in my name. Yes if felt good to mount the plates and know that headache was behind me.
She checked out fine mechanically and environmentally so now she's good to go.

Waiting on a few little mods from Corvette Central to dress her up a little. Will post pics when they arrive.

C.

Colin if your average gas mileage was 30 mpg.That would translate to around 35 to 36 mpg, since in an older car like the C4 you would lose at least 15 to 20% with the A/C on constantly. Great car you have there. Also the difference in the shine is dramatic since I've seen her when I met you and Steamer in Chilliwack.Now you are the owner of a gas miser vette and also a real giddy-up corvette in your c6.

Colin if your average gas mileage was 30 mpg.That would translate to around 35 to 36 mpg, since in an older car like the C4 you would lose at least 15 to 20% with the A/C on constantly. Great car you have there. Also the difference in the shine is dramatic since I've seen her when I met you and Steamer in Chilliwack.Now you are the owner of a gas miser vette and also a real giddy-up corvette in your c6.

Thanks, Al, and good point, -- without the a/c on and driving a little more moderately, she should net one or 2 more mpgs maybe more. We had several lengthly holdups due to construction which probably knocked a little mileage off her.

I'll be sure and check her out next road trip.

Yes she was a little dirty when you saw her on Vedder Rd.....and next to your shiny clean C5 she looked a little wimpy -- :D
She's all spiffied up now and ready to show off to our buddies here.

More pics when I get 'em.

Cheers,
Colin.

PS -- I miss BC. -- Absolutely one of the most beautiful places I've seen anywhere.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.