Pretty sure Steamer said this is Painter's Lodge in near Courtney. Was getting dark and just as we were leaving a beautiful Cruise ship came past followed by another. The one you see is about 120k tons -- quite big.

and more from that day when we visited Steamer's firefighter friend who has a well stocked museum of all manner of firefighting equipment, gear, badges, toys, and also has an interesting deck in his backyard made up of more firefighting gear and of an emergency vehicle:

Also a few of Greg who works for the local RCMP detachment and flies a helicopter for rescue and recovery all over BC. - His '06 Monterey Red vette is a real beauty.

Last edited:
and more 'vette friends some of whom are already members and some who will join soon. Great cars they have and the Black C4 pictured here with a carry rack on the back -- we wondered if it was factory or aftermarket.....anyone know? Those chrome wheels are simply awesome. I'd love a set of those for mine.

Also met Al (New C5er) with his torch red beauty on the way back near Agassiz.....Great meet Al -- wish we could have stayed longer my friend. -- so nice to put faces to names.....

Awesome!! Looks like 3 valley gap... That's my playground area for my sleds all winter!
You should see the snow piled up on the side of hwy 1 in mid February!!!

Yes...Canada is a real place of beauty for sure. Looks like this was a trip of a lifetime. A "tip of the hat" to you Collin and of course our friend Steamer. Wish I could have joined you guys on this adventure.

Collin for your information:
The luggage rack shown is factory. RPO number V56 (convertible only) was introduced in 1989. and stayed through 1993. Dropped in 94.

Yes...Canada is a real place of beauty for sure. Looks like this was a trip of a lifetime. A "tip of the hat" to you Collin and of course our friend Steamer. Wish I could have joined you guys on this adventure.

Collin for your information:
The luggage rack shown is factory. RPO number V56 (convertible only) was introduced in 1989. and stayed through 1993. Dropped in 94.

Thanks for the info Brian -- That rack is on a '94 -- must have been aftermarket or fitted at the dealer after the option finished. It looked quite nice with the black and chrome scheme he had. (did I say I loved his wheels?) :D

Must get to you about refinishing mine. They're in good shape but the clearcoat finish is cooked.

Thanks everyone -- This trip truly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience: A first for many things not to mention seeing some absolutely beautiful parts of Canada. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.

Have more pics of the rest of our trek coming soon.

Sure wish we could have met a lot more of you guys along the way, but alas it just wasn't possible and still stay on schedule.

Tho it was very brief, it was a treat to meet New C5er (Al) along the way (Vedder Rd)..... Cheers Al! for coming over to see us -- you're a gem.:D

C.

Glad you and Steamer made it back in one piece and then some Colin. Needless to say it was a real pleasure to meet both you and Rob. You are the only two people I have met in person from this forum so far. Hopefully next year I can add more to this. Again, it was really great.Thanks again.

Al...

Glad you and Steamer made it back in one piece and then some Colin. Needless to say it was a real pleasure to meet both you and Rob. You are the only two people I have met in person from this forum so far. Hopefully next year I can add more to this. Again, it was really great.Thanks again.

Al...

Glad you could make it to Chilliwack Rd. Al -- I was equally special for us to meet you. I hope to spend more time with you next visit.

If I'd known you were going back to Agassiz via Hwy. #1 we could have cruised for 20 kilometers. -- Next time for sure.

Cheers,

Colin.

Final day on our trek back to On ..... After an hour's drive down from Espanola where we stayed Wednesday night, to South Baymouth -- we wait a short time for the Chi Cheemaun to arrive. This beautiful gal has been in service since 1974 and is a great to ride on as she ever was.
We were also treated to a mock Man Overboard rescue which held us up half an hour but was well worth watching.
I spoke to the Chief Steward about seeing the bridge and the engine room but to no avail.....not this time but maybe next.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.