BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Dont mean to bore you guys with another vid showing me walk around a bunch of Corvettes. I had errands at Northland Mall and Shag is right behind them so,I like to wander around. The salesmen have seen me so many times,they don't even come out anymore. Lol.

I'm really starting to like these C7 Grand Sports.

Mike your car looks pretty good sitting in that group of cars. I am not sure what colour I would buy, the black rose convertible looks really nice. Only ever owned one convertible and that was my very fist car and 1960 Austin Healey 3000 with a small block Chev replacing the inline 6. Interesting blend of automatics and manuals.

Another great "Shop With Mike" video. You have to turn this into a money maker somehow Mike!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
That Black rose actually looks good in the sun. I could have got my new on in black rose as it was the only 3LZ Z07 they could find with the M7 close to the BLACK I insisted on.
I ended up getting one out of Ontario. It's being trailered to Edmonton as we speak.
I concur... automatic heaven on the lots now. There are times I wish I had the A8 but then I shake my head and the bad dream is over.
:D D

Derek, when do you expect your new Corvette to arrive? The anticipation must be overwhelming by now.

Good luck with the delivery and can't wait to see some pictures of the beast.

I love the black ones but you just joined a special club of those trying to keep them clean. A labour of love some say. Others say what a PIA.:Biggrin: Either way hope you enjoy your Corvette.

Mike your car looks pretty good sitting in that group of cars. I am not sure what colour I would buy, the black rose convertible looks really nice. Only ever owned one convertible and that was my very fist car and 1960 Austin Healey 3000 with a small block Chev replacing the inline 6. Interesting blend of automatics and manuals.

Another great "Shop With Mike" video. You have to turn this into a money maker somehow Mike!
I had an idea years ago involving sports cars and drones. If I only had the initiative back then.

A 1960 AH with a small block Chevy !! And the stories that car could tell !! Reminds me of the days of Chevy Vegas with 327s blasting down the street. An old friend,Wayne Blanchard had a beautiful little green one. Lol. With the old Harwood Snorkel scoop !! Lol. Oh man,that's going back to early 80s.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
That Black rose actually looks good in the sun. I could have got my new on in black rose as it was the only 3LZ Z07 they could find with the M7 close to the BLACK I insisted on.
I ended up getting one out of Ontario. It's being trailered to Edmonton as we speak.
I concur... automatic heaven on the lots now. There are times I wish I had the A8 but then I shake my head and the bad dream is over.
:D D
Hopefully some pics of the happy new owner and his gift upon arrival !!

Derek, when do you expect your new Corvette to arrive? The anticipation must be overwhelming by now.

Good luck with the delivery and can't wait to see some pictures of the beast.

I love the black ones but you just joined a special club of those trying to keep them clean. A labour of love some say. Others say what a PIA.:Biggrin: Either way hope you enjoy your Corvette.

Hi Mikey
The new Z07 will be at the dealer on the 20th. I had it shipped from Ontario in a enclosed solo trailer so no stops to shuffle other cars around.
They are doing some 3M wrap here and there, tinting some glass and swapping over all my onstar and sat radio..detailing etc etc. I'm just not sure about the SC2s on this new car. Trying to decide if I'm getting them swapped for the Pilot SSs before I pick it up. I posted the question on a different thread. I've never driven on the SC2s... especially in Edmonton.
I'm going to be here in Indonesia for another 2 weeks and am picking it up on August 4th, the morning after I get off the plane. I left my 15 there 2 weeks ago on the day I flew to SE Asia so I will be without a Corvette for 10 spine chilling hours. That actually bugs me. Haha
"Black is a second job" someone recently told me. I tend to agree.
I was thinking about changing our family colour scheme which is all black but my lovely wife likes the black so as long as she keeps telling me to "Go ahead and get it if you love it" I'm not rocking the boat.
At our house we are also driving her H3 Alpha and my H1 HMC4 Hummer's.... both black.
I freely admit I spend a ton of time cleaning the Corvette. It gets washed or quick detailed pretty much daily if the cover comes off and it leaves the garage. BLACK.
My garage has cupboards full of cleaners, soaps, waxes and Hummer this and Corvette that to keep these black vehicles the way I like them.
My neighbors laugh at me constantly and think I'm totally bananas. They are likely right but for now I enjoy the way black looks and feel the work is worth it.
Yes for sure I will post a few pics of the new Z once I get the thing clean again and the @hit eating grin off my face as it's at least 7 Km from the dealership to my house.
Sorry for rambling on... once I get going thinking about a Corvette.... well you know the syndrome as well as I.
Cheers
Derek.

Dont mean to bore you guys with another vid showing me walk around a bunch of Corvettes. I had errands at Northland Mall and Shag is right behind them so,I like to wander around. The salesmen have seen me so many times,they don't even come out anymore. Lol.

Every Channel we turn to now is our beloved MikeysZ06

- Alberta Tourism :canada:
- Calgary Stampede :Pistolsmiley:
now - The Corvette Shopping Chanel :Woohoo:

Hi Mikey
The new Z07 will be at the dealer on the 20th. I had it shipped from Ontario in a enclosed solo trailer so no stops to shuffle other cars around.
They are doing some 3M wrap here and there, tinting some glass and swapping over all my onstar and sat radio..detailing etc etc. I'm just not sure about the SC2s on this new car. Trying to decide if I'm getting them swapped for the Pilot SSs before I pick it up. I posted the question on a different thread. I've never driven on the SC2s... especially in Edmonton.
I'm going to be here in Indonesia for another 2 weeks and am picking it up on August 4th, the morning after I get off the plane. I left my 15 there 2 weeks ago on the day I flew to SE Asia so I will be without a Corvette for 10 spine chilling hours. That actually bugs me. Haha
"Black is a second job" someone recently told me. I tend to agree.
I was thinking about changing our family colour scheme which is all black but my lovely wife likes the black so as long as she keeps telling me to "Go ahead and get it if you love it" I'm not rocking the boat.
At our house we are also driving her H3 Alpha and my H1 HMC4 Hummer's.... both black.
I freely admit I spend a ton of time cleaning the Corvette. It gets washed or quick detailed pretty much daily if the cover comes off and it leaves the garage. BLACK.
My garage has cupboards full of cleaners, soaps, waxes and Hummer this and Corvette that to keep these black vehicles the way I like them.
My neighbors laugh at me constantly and think I'm totally bananas. They are likely right but for now I enjoy the way black looks and feel the work is worth it.
Yes for sure I will post a few pics of the new Z once I get the thing clean again and the @hit eating grin off my face as it's at least 7 Km from the dealership to my house.
Sorry for rambling on... once I get going thinking about a Corvette.... well you know the syndrome as well as I.
Cheers
Derek.
Ramble away !! Indonesia! Brand new Corvette Z07! Yeah,pics when you get back !! Please !!

Reactions: ddgermann
I for one will never get sick of your vids or pics, and enjoy them!
Oh yeah, and I would give my left.....whatever, for a new GS.

Agreed! Love your vids too Mikey. Vette pics are worth a gazillion words.

So jealous - our 'big' dealership has 1 vette outside. Two inside which I'm honestly surprised are not under cones of silence or shrink wrapped for their protection. It's a small town - just saw my first 2017 Z06 in person a few weekends ago!

Agreed! Love your vids too Mikey. Vette pics are worth a gazillion words.

So jealous - our 'big' dealership has 1 vette outside. Two inside which I'm honestly surprised are not under cones of silence or shrink wrapped for their protection. It's a small town - just saw my first 2017 Z06 in person a few weekends ago!
Thanks Franci. There hasn't been much turn over at Shaganappi since the last time I roamed through there. Won't go back for a month or so now.

I'm a fan of the Grand Sports too. I enjoyed this video into the land of temptation! PS your Z is as nice as anything on that lot Mike!

I'm a fan of the Grand Sports too. I enjoyed this video into the land of temptation! PS your Z is as nice as anything on that lot Mike!

The land of temptation !! Lol. You got that right.. I'm almost drooling when I walk around this many of em,undisturbed.

You can thank Freda for doing most of the elbow work on that shine Brent. It's been done twice at their place and both times,she took the reins. Spence helped too. He took the stuff off the shelf for her. :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

Reactions: Brent08
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.