from what i understand, that is not all of union funds, but just the strike pay fund that is designed to be cashed in and to be run dry if need be.
Could be that it could be liquidated fast, but I seriously doubt it's all in a chequing account ;)
Anyway 500 a week is not much considering what they are used to living on.

If I want my car in spring… and I get allocation this fall/winter. Can I defer my allocation? The last thing I want is my car to touch snow and me to drive it home in the winter. Lol.

If I want my car in spring… and I get allocation this fall/winter. Can I defer my allocation? The last thing I want is my car to touch snow and me to drive it home in the winter. Lol.
Where are you located? Plenty of dry roads in the winter in Southern Ontario and likely elsewhere.

Maybe read the last 3 years posts about all the BS people went through to get their car, and order it as soon as you have the opportunity. Lol.

Reactions: 12cents and DenisC8
Stellantis will be hoping for a strike just to get their inventory situation under control. GM and Ford arent much better. My local dealers are loaded with full size trucks at the moment. A strike would give them the opportunity to get rid of some units without rebates and not have to pay employees at the same time.
Good to hear that truck inventories are back to pre-covid levels. I've been waiting for some good old fashioned rebate offers and low interest financing like we had in the good old days before covid. Now, if we could just have C8 inventory that the dealerships needed of offer incentives in order to sell them. Maybe by 2028 when the C9 is released? :canada:

Are you willing to roll the dice that your dealer will actually get another allocation or decides to give it to someone else after you passed on the first one they offered? If you get offered a car, you better take it.

Are you willing to roll the dice that your dealer will actually get another allocation or decides to give it to someone else after you passed on the first one they offered? If you get offered a car, you better take it.
Damn eh!

Same advice I would say; my allocation was a total surprise but I said to myself, I can’t pass it as who knows when the next one will be.

Take it even if it comes in winter. They can deliver or store it for a bit if needed.

One local dealer had two come in February and put them in the showroom until March for a nice day for owners to come get them.

My dealer had a trailer , they were open to deliver right to my garage if it showed up in winter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.