Featured Thread
Do I sense some Toronto hatred?? Typical Montreal fan! LOL.
No, I am not a Habs fan , for sure. I basically hate the Habs. I like 2 teams Flyers and Lightning. I am a hockey fan , mostly. As for the Leafs , I am neutral. I like Marner but dislike Matthews , a lot.

No, I am not a Habs fan , for sure. I basically hate the Habs. I like 2 teams Flyers and Lightning. I am a hockey fan , mostly. As for the Leafs , I am neutral. I like Marner but dislike Matthews , a lot.
Wow. I hate the Lightning and the Flyers. I love Matthews, a lot! However we do both like Marner! lol

Reactions: Bunny hop
Well the "big day" has arrived: the start of round 2 for Edmonton's play-off run. If you listen in around 7:30 p.m. tonight (MST) you'll hear the beginning of an odd "hush" as many Edmontonians hold their collective breath, until sometime around 10:00 p.m. (barring OT), when Edmonton will either erupt in ++++ noise to celebrate a victory, or remain muted as a lot of disappointed people dejectedly turn off their lights and go to bed, hoping for a different result with the next game on Saturday... Here's hoping for the former! And here's hoping a Canadian team makes it all the way this year! :canada:

Well the "big day" has arrived: the start of round 2 for Edmonton's play-off run. If you listen in around 7:30 p.m. tonight (MST) you'll hear the beginning of an odd "hush" as many Edmontonians hold their collective breath, until sometime around 10:00 p.m. (barring OT), when Edmonton will either erupt in ++++ noise to celebrate a victory, or remain muted as a lot of disappointed people dejectedly turn off their lights and go to bed, hoping for a different result with the next game on Saturday... Here's hoping for the former! And here's hoping a Canadian team makes it all the way this year! :canada:
Hope they don't run into a hot goalie like the Leafs did. May Skinner shine for you!

Hope they don't run into a hot goalie like the Leafs did. May Skinner shine for you!

Thanks Murray. Yes with the Oilers having "skin in the game" (couldn't resist) I'm hoping we'll do well. I must say when I saw him whiff on the puck during the last game, perfectly setting up Danault's LA goal to tie the game in the third period, I was furious. Nice to learn during the after-game highlight discussions, it was a broken stick and not Skinner's poor puck play.

Thanks Murray. Yes with the Oilers having "skin in the game" (couldn't resist) I'm hoping we'll do well. I must say when I saw him whiff on the puck during the last game, perfectly setting up Danault's LA goal to tie the game in the third period, I was furious. Nice to learn during the after-game highlight discussions, it was a broken stick and not Skinner's poor puck play.
My condolences! However, you're never out until you lose at home. Oh, wait hmmm ... Leafs??

Disappointment here in AB. that the Maple Leafs fell. Was really hoping to see a Cdn Stanley cup series. But that being said, Edm may go down the same road since they lost tonight. It's do or die for them now. Have to win the next two. Here's hoping.

Disappointment here in AB. that the Maple Leafs fell. Was really hoping to see a Cdn Stanley cup series. But that being said, Edm may go down the same road since they lost tonight. It's do or die for them now. Have to win the next two. Here's hoping.
You and me both. Leafs are built for the regular season and I think Edmonton is close to that also. The Oilers have 2 great playoff scorers though, so let's hope they can get 2 in a row.

You and me both. Leafs are built for the regular season and I think Edmonton is close to that also. The Oilers have 2 great playoff scorers though, so let's hope they can get 2 in a row.
We will see. I remember you saying you don't watch NHL hockey or something like that and I have lots of suggestions for them but alas... they likely wouldn't listen to me... My biggest pet peeve is they are almost constantly trying to get that pretty goal every time they have control in the oppositions end. They pass, pass, pass, pass pass, until finally they lose the puck and the opposition skates out with it. You'll never get the puck in the net if you don't shoot it. JMO

We will see. I remember you saying you don't watch NHL hockey or something like that and I have lots of suggestions for them but alas... they likely wouldn't listen to me... My biggest pet peeve is they are almost constantly trying to get that pretty goal every time they have control in the oppositions end. They pass, pass, pass, pass pass, until finally they lose the puck and the opposition skates out with it. You'll never get the puck in the net if you don't shoot it. JMO
I don't watch the Leaf losses, but I do watch some playoffs of other teams. The issue is the same with the Leafs. Florida would just shoot the dam thing and get breaks and bounces while the Leafs would try for that pretty goal. I still think the Oilers are a better team than Vegas, but playoff hockey is a different beast which always bugs the hell out of me. Penalties during the regular season should be penalties in the playoffs! Refereeing is too inconsistent too!

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Vegas has a team? Sorry, haven't watched the NHL since Bettman changed the game, eliminated ties, and opted for all the NBA style razzle dazzle, cheerleaders, and shoot outs, just like soccer (or football, if you're a purist). He made it look more like the minor senior men's leagues, and that killed hockey for me. Haven't missed it, and haven't looked back. That glowing puck gimmick, with the "trails" on it, didn't help either.

1652624070254.jpg

Vegas has a team? Sorry, haven't watched the NHL since Bettman changed the game, eliminated ties, and opted for all the NBA style razzle dazzle, cheerleaders, and shoot outs, just like soccer (or football, if you're a purist). He made it look more like the minor senior men's leagues, and that killed hockey for me. Haven't missed it, and haven't looked back. That glowing puck gimmick, with the "trails" on it, didn't help either.
lol.... You are right. You don't watch hockey. The glowing puck never made it past an idea. Shame if it's just the ties you miss. Ypu.re missing some great hockey and players.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
lol.... You are right. You don't watch hockey. The glowing puck never made it past an idea. Shame if it's just the ties you miss. Ypu.re missing some great hockey and players.
Taking the ties out "fundamentally changed the game" for me for the worse. I didn't mind playing O/T if the teams were tied after regulation, but to then go to a 1 on 1 in a team sport, ruined it for me. If 2 teams were that evenly matched, and the game ended in a draw, that was how the game ended. Playoffs were different. You need a deciding ending, so play until someone wins. God, I watched some epic playoff games over the years, that were eventually decided, as a team, as it should be.
As for the glowing puck, Fox Sports used it in live NHL broadcasts from 1996 to 1998. It was hideous to watch.
FoxTrax - Wikipedia

Never watched Fox so missed that I guess. The playoffs do play OT until someone scores though.
Yes, Fox Sports wasn't mainstream Cancon back then.
Play extra time until someone wins, as a team, without shootouts, is fine with me.
I'm still not watching it.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread