Featured Thread

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Just thought I would throw out another thread for this years NHL playoffs. Support your team. Hurrahs when applicable. Whine when you need to. Or just game comments, predictions and conversation. All in fun so limit the illegal head shots... lol...

Reactions: Murray20c8
image000000.gif

Going to be an entertaining playoffs. Just about every team is playing near the top of their game. We are likely in for some surprises but that's not much different than any year. Will be interesting to see if some of the top teams on paper play up to their abilities or fall down.

Loved this one by @AxeZ06. T off times scheduled for early next week.
Let's not be nasty! LOL
Yes, I'd like to see a CDN team win. I think the oilers have a good shot to advance to round 2. I hate the current format. It should be 1 v 8.

Let's not be nasty! LOL
Yes, I'd like to see a CDN team win. I think the oilers have a good shot to advance to round 2. I hate the current format. It should be 1 v 8.
Yeah. That won't happen. West and East play each other to keep the travel time and costs down I imagine. When you are paying out 90 million plus in salaries, an extra $300.00 for plane fare could break the bank... lol...

I've been an Oilers fan since their beginnings in the 70's. Attended quite a few epic Stanley cup games back in the 80's! Am I their most loyal fan, hell no. I sort of quit watching hockey through the early-mid 90's until just a few seasons ago. Go McDraisaitl go!!!! If Skinner can stand on his head for us we might just make the final against Boston.....🤞🏻

I've been an Oilers fan since their beginnings in the 70's. Attended quite a few epic Stanley cup games back in the 80's! Am I their most loyal fan, hell no. I sort of quit watching hockey through the early-mid 90's until just a few seasons ago. Go McDraisaitl go!!!! If Skinner can stand on his head for us we might just make the final against Boston.....🤞🏻
Ditto. Been a fan since I moved to Alberta in 79. Didn't get to watch too many WHA teams in Nova Scotia. Helped a bit after we discovered electricity... lol...
Oilers were sure entertaining to watch back then and until the late 80's when they fell off that pedestal. But once again they are riding a high and are fun to watch, win or lose. And they bring the best out in other teams as well which is good for all the fans. I'd like to see them go to the final for sure and if I had my druthers, I'd like to see them plat Toronto.... lol... Guaranteed Canada win.

I dunno. Yeah. Defense could use more strength but Skinner has been a stand up goalie. There's a reason he is a front runner for the Calder trophy. 48 starts and a .914 save percentage when the league average is .904. Got his name name in the record books already too.... Good start for his rookie season. Come playoff time all fans are hoping their goalies stand on their heads but only time will tell. Draisaitl and McDavid do make a difference but takes a whole team to win and on any given night any team can win.

Reactions: 12cents
Now that I think of it, isn't both Boston and Florida and Vegas and Winnipeg 1 v 8 ?
It's actually quite close. I didn't look at it, but it is close. Toronto would be playing the rangers and Jersey playing the Lightning. Not sure I'd like that! lol

I dunno. Yeah. Defense could use more strength but Skinner has been a stand up goalie. There's a reason he is a front runner for the Calder trophy. 48 starts and a .914 save percentage when the league average is .904. Got his name name in the record books already too.... Good start for his rookie season. Come playoff time all fans are hoping their goalies stand on their heads but only time will tell. Draisaitl and McDavid do make a difference but takes a whole team to win and on any given night any team can win.
Skinner is unproven, but we'll see. He didn't fair that well last night, though I admit I didn't watch the game. Campbell was supposed to be the man, but look where that went. I never thought he was that good with Toronto. The defense in front of him was good. Go Kings ... er ... I mean Go Oilers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread