u might ask the owner to take into a gm dealership and have them do an inspection.
it may cost you about $200or so. not sure what they charge,but probably the best piece of mind way to feel better about the potential purchase

I'm from Edmonton but have never owned a Vette although I've driven several and enjoy cars in general. That's why I'm hoping to get a C8. I mention this since I could perhaps help you out this coming w/e, if no one else steps up. But you'd be better off with someone else with more Corvette experience and preferably a C6 owner in the Edmonton area.

The suggestion of a mechanical once-over at a dealership is a good idea, assuming it'll be on your nickel. And hopefully you can get a car history and copies of the maintenance records or have the dealership who's regularly serviced it, tell you about the car. If the seller doesn't have that or won't make an effort to give you those further details and documents, you should be wary.

In the Edmonton area, the Chev dealerships who deal more with Corvettes are Don Wheaton on Whyte Avenue (south side) or Northgate Chev (north side) so both would be good choices. I've seen mention from other postings of people getting a Carfax search done, to show the vehicle's history.

I had a really bad experience many many years ago when I was thinking of buying a used Volvo 740 GLE wagon, which back then were very hard to find. It turned out the seller was a "curber" who fixed up write-offs and repainted them and did the least work possible, then claimed the vehicles were owned by him or his wife and accident-free. I had my doubts about the car when test driving it but fortunately the dealer I took it, for an inspection, knew it right away and the shop foreman saved me the cost of an inspection and told me to stay 10,000 miles away from it. I couldn't believe people could be so dishonest and blatantly lie; even his wife told me it had been "a great family car" and she was sorry to see it go then pointed to the new car they'd bought to replace it! So you're wise to be cautious. Let me know if you'd like my help.

Thank you so much for the reply guys! The vehicle is a 2013 currently for sale at Don Wheaton. I have read good reviews of the dealership, and it seems like a good value, especially compared to Ontario vehicles. I am in the process of getting a quote on shipping to Ontario, but debating on buying the car "sight unseen". It has a clean CarFax, no accidents or claims, and the dealership has done their own mechanical inspection, but I'm weary since they are the selling dealership.

I guess it would really help to have "eyes on the ground" that could give me their own opinion. Unfortunately I don't know anyone personally in the Edmonton area.

I could get a flight out there, but would rather save the cost.

Has anyone dealt with this dealership?

Appears not to have dual mode exhaust (image kind of fuzzy of rearend) nor Z51 (no slotted rotors) and no heated seats if these options are important to you. I find it interesting a visit to Jiffy lube gets reported on Carfax. Nice car otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegas1500
Dual mode, z51 and 3LT would be great, but in my almost one year of searching, I haven't come close to finding one that wasn't abused, or overpriced.

The low ownership count and clean carfax are also relatively rare. I've been seeing 2008/2009 at around these prices in Ontario, so to see a clean 2013 seems not bad.

Happy for someone to walk me down off the ledge of you think this is a bad idea.

It's a pretty colour. Guessing they just posted the manufacturer detail list as they indicate silver 5 spoke rims in the details and those are aftermarket rims and sure aren't silver..lol... They don't mention the trim level but it looks like a base 1LT but I could be wrong. Looks like stock exhaust. No nav or HUD by the looks. It looks just like my 09 base did inside. Low tire pressure light is on too...lol... Nice ride. I loved my C6. Great engine that LS3 is. Lots of smiles and miles to come in her. Last shipping cost Ont. to Ab. was about $1500.00 but that was a couple or three years ago. Someone in Edmonton will likely step up and have a look at her for you. And yes. The price is decent but we tend to run a little cheaper out here than Ont. That 2011 at Envision that Cariboo just posted is a sweet car with lower miles as well if you don't mind an automatic. Envision does have a good rep.

It's a pretty colour. Guessing they just posted the manufacturer detail list as they indicate silver 5 spoke rims in the details and those are aftermarket rims and sure aren't silver..lol... They don't mention the trim level but it looks like a base 1LT but I could be wrong. Looks like stock exhaust. No nav or HUD by the looks. It looks just like my 09 base did inside. Low tire pressure light is on too...lol... Nice ride. I loved my C6. Great engine that LS3 is. Lots of smiles and miles to come in her. Last shipping cost Ont. to Ab. was about $1500.00 but that was a couple or three years ago. Someone in Edmonton will likely step up and have a look at her for you. And yes. The price is decent but we tend to run a little cheaper out here than Ont. That 2011 at Envision that Cariboo just posted is a sweet car with lower miles as well if you don't mind an automatic. Envision does have a good rep.

My new 17 cost $3300 to be shipped from Southern Ontario to Edmonton. That was in an enclosed trailer. Think only 2 or 3 cars in the shipment. Likey yes, you can get open trailer/more cars for considerably less.

Yes, Shaun at Envision (owner) only takes very good cars in and has a solid reputation. He only sells exotic or high-end vehicles. I bought my 15 Z off him unseen as I was in Asia. It was everything he advertised and more. The car was likely cleaner then the day the first owner took it from the dealership new. He actually ended up with my 2009 H2 Hummer and my 13 Z06 as well. Good guy to do business with for sure.

@ncnmra It would be worth contacting him and having a chat about what you want. Envision Auto - Calgary Luxury Car Sales - Lexus Corvette Mercedes Hummer SUV H2 Z06

… in regard to availability of other Corvettes, there are good points made above ...

I am not in Edmonton for a few weeks yet - if your thoughts toward this Corvette carries on until then - I will check her out for you.
Hoping it won't be that long for you though …
My question, which I don't think is asked yet, is "what concerns are you skeptical with in regard to misrepresentation"?
My hope is that Wheaton is sending you a lot more photos for you to "enjoy" as the website is weak to say the least.
I'd ask for both head lights, minimum of three closeup of nose and the deflector below the nose.
Both tail lights (only because they only show one side). Inside the hatch.
A photo displaying the sheen on the transparent roof (exterior) and ask if any scratches.
I'd ask for close ups of the rockers in front of both rear wheels.
I'd ask for photos of both seats - backs, seats and bolsters.
I'd ask for more engine bay photos - never too many in my books.
I'd also want the battery photographed.
This is what I would be doing if I was there for you - they should be able to do it.
What a terrible dash shot too with the engine light on and service displayed - come on Wheaton.
Vehicle service report on Wheaton letterhead is a must to see with brake wear, tire wear values, windshield, etc.
I am leery of the ad saying "saving $7k" (that's a YYSSW to me - ya ya sure sure whatever)

Make Wheaton work for you … if they hesitate or take too long … the writing is on the wall.
As you are a sight unseen customer, they must respect that 100%.
I will watch this thread for when I plan to head up to YEG from YYC.
If I can grab one of my friends to join me, I will …

Best of Good Fortune to you.

For others in and closer to YEG who can … here's the vehicle link ...

Last edited:
My new 17 cost $3300 to be shipped from Southern Ontario to Edmonton. That was in an enclosed trailer. Think only 2 or 3 cars in the shipment. Likey yes, you can get open trailer/more cars for considerably less.
Cost was approx $1,500 to ship company car from QC back to Edmonton in 2017. Door to door. They picked it up and delivered it. Either open trailer or train to get it out there. Company was Livingston (not the doctor) and quite good to deal with at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.