... why spend any more effort in the collapse than what one has put into the build ...

stay calm and move along ...
wisdom has been gained 👍🏻
Hence ... Why this is known
to those who can follow me ...

View attachment 40106

I had to Google that one: YYSSW. So for the uninformed like me it means: "Yeah Yeah Sure Sure Whatever". Good one!

So ... call Envision Now ..
Get someone to work for you
And cut most of the crap out
Of this for yourself ... the fellas recommending this in the above posts are top notch 👍🏻👍🏻

besides ... no harm doing it
He will most likely have knowledge on new listings too which would in effect perhaps put you at the front on the line and hopefully enjoy this with reduced anxiety 👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Just a note: Vehicle Mechanical Inspections usually run $200.
Yeah, this is super shady of this dealership. They insisted that their "dealer fee" was mandatory, and included a $699 inspection/certification and a $6.25 AMVIC fee. When I pressed them on it, they tried to back down by saying "we discounted that price off the car for you, but we need to show it on the invoice", and then insisted that they can charge whatever they want, that it is not a fee, but an "accessory". "Manager" guy started getting really antagonistic and lippy. At that point, I lost all trust in them and they killed it for me.

We get the same thing here in Ontario, however the dealers at least post it in the Ad, as per clear OMVIC (and AMVIC) rules.

For a dealership that gets such high reviews online, I'm really surprised.

Falken tires get good reviews, quiet, comfortable and wear well. They are japanese headquartered in California. Don't know anyone running them but that wouldn't worry me at all.
I've had a set of Falken Zeix 512s, 2 sets of Zeix 912s, both all season so don't compare, but they were great. I'd say they're about 8-9 tenths of what more of the premium brands are, but come with savings. The 512s were on my 92 Maxima, I don't know how old they were because I bought them with a set of OEM 16" wheels from a 98, and I didn't know about tire date codes then, but they looked low mileage and I ran them until worn. They were still quiet and they didn't lose their wet grip. I replaced them with a set of 912s and had similar results, but sold the car after only putting a few thousand KMs on them. I replaced the tires on my G35 with 912s, they were similarly quiet with good dry and wet grip, and I wore those down. My only complaint was I only got about 48,000 KMs out of the 912s on the G35, and was expecting more, but that might be all you can expect from high performance all seasons.

Sorry that your deal went sideways, and hoping that you're able to either close on a better note or find a better car. It took me 2 years with 1 year of more serious looking to find my car and it was worth the wait.

Wheels are easy to change even though they can be expensive. There are lots of replica Corvette wheels out there, so you can go anywhere from styles in your year, different years, early Z06, later Z06, and ZR1 that are sized for the base chassis.

#Savethemanuals all the way. The manual is such a better transmission than the automatic too, as the auto is crap for performance engagement. If you're just cruising the auto is fine, but for performance the paddles aren't well designed and the shift input times are more a suggestion of shifting.

2LT or 3LT is definitely the way to go unless the base options are fine for you. The heated seats, memory seats, and HUD are all great options, and I like the adjustable bolsters to hold me in place on back roads. The heated seats in my car are some of the best I've ever used, as they get really warm, and also heat almost up to my shoulders, so if you drive on colder days it's great. I thought the HUD would be fun and a bit of a gag, but has turned out to be one of my favourite options, both for "cool" factor and also keeping a close eye on speed. When in street mode, the HUD shows radio station presets, CD tracks, and if you have the nav (which is dated but works well), distance to turns and direction arrows which is neat. In track mode it's great for paying attention to oil or coolant temp.

I think some people in Corvette land think 55,000 KMs is high, and it probably is higher than the average Corvette for the age, but whatever gets you in the door in your budget. I think most of those are the types who don't keep their cars long, don't drive their cars a lot, like to brag about low mileage, or think their cars are rare. It all depends on condition and what you plan on doing with the car. If you plan to keep the car a long time then the depreciation is less important, and if you plan to drive a lot, you'll be adding to the mileage and increasing that depreciation. I'd rather have a well maintained regular mileage car than a super low mileage garage queen that needs extra maintenance from sitting.

Dealer fees are definitely the new scam for creative account padding the bottom line. Phil Edmontson author of Lemon-Aid used to advise to not pay dealer fees, then a few years ago he couldn't negotiate away the fee, so started telling people they might not have a choice. It's like the dealers got together and said "if we just don't say no, people will have no choice."

I am in Edmonton and willing to assist if I can. Wheaton did a recall on a 2003 Z06 I had. I did try to buy a CTS-V from them at one time. I live just south of where there dealership was on Whyte. They have many dealerships and move cars province to province
Not sure if someone mentioned it. I always want to see the under side of a Corvette. FYI I have a C8 on order with a dealer in St Albert, who is also known for his Vettes, and I have bought from him previously

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Dealer fees are definitely the new scam for creative account padding the bottom line. Phil Edmontson author of Lemon-Aid used to advise to not pay dealer fees, then a few years ago he couldn't negotiate away the fee, so started telling people they might not have a choice. It's like the dealers got together and said "if we just don't say no, people will have no choice."

The fees are one thing, but how they tried to slide them in (completely against AMVIC rules) is another. That made me really lose faith in this dealership, especially if I'm supposed to buy it "sight unseen". It feels like they thought they could reel in an out-of-province sucker. Moreover, for all of their "we are giving you a great deal, we are losing money on this" talk, the really weren't -- I found shipping quotes much cheaper than they quoted?

Still, I'm having second thoughts.....the year, apparent condition and price are appealing. It also has the transparent top which I understand is a desirable option. While some said that the mileage is "high", it seems pretty average to me, and I understand that these are quite reliable. The car checks a lot of the boxes for me, and I'm sad that the dealer decided to act this way. I'm finding that most 'vettes for sale are the 1LT model sadly, and the 3LT ones carry a massive premium. I'd like the heated seats and the HUD, although I've read that you can add a HUD to a non-HUD car.

I'm tempted to get them to give me a cash price (no shipping).

The fees are one thing, but how they tried to slide them in (completely against AMVIC rules) is another. That made me really lose faith in this dealership, especially if I'm supposed to buy it "sight unseen". It feels like they thought they could reel in an out-of-province sucker. Moreover, for all of their "we are giving you a great deal, we are losing money on this" talk, the really weren't -- I found shipping quotes much cheaper than they quoted?

Still, I'm having second thoughts.....the year, apparent condition and price are appealing. It also has the transparent top which I understand is a desirable option. While some said that the mileage is "high", it seems pretty average to me, and I understand that these are quite reliable. The car checks a lot of the boxes for me, and I'm sad that the dealer decided to act this way. I'm finding that most 'vettes for sale are the 1LT model sadly, and the 3LT ones carry a massive premium. I'd like the heated seats and the HUD, although I've read that you can add a HUD to a non-HUD car.

The mileage is not that high. At 9000 plus km per year, yes, he drove his car but we have lots of members that put that and more on per year. The LS3 is a great engine. Arguably the best GM has made. Do what you're heart and more importantly, your head tells you to but highly recommend you take at least one of the generous Edmonton offers up to inspect the car. Either that or jump a plane and come out yourself to inspect. A few hundred bucks for flights can be worth a helluva lot more if it saves you a future of regret. And if all is good and you buy it, you can drive it home. JMO

let me rephrse
MILAGE is ok and not high, meant to say others out there may well have less
1lt concerns me
YOU TELL THE SALES MANAGER for new cars not used crap (he may be softer and not a jerk in used cars trying to screw everybody)

they don’t know the vehicle as to its reliability just going off the corvette tax brand

fly out drive it back. fun fun fun

BE SURE YIU ARE NOT DOING THIS JUST TO GET A CAR NOW

yiu need to get the one you want and keep it to enjoy

capital letters for emphasis not internet yelling, saving that for later

Cash Transfer ... a wheel barrow full of cash does not excite Business anymore.
Banks can charge an per item handling fee just for counting it. Just so you know.
Sad to say ... cash works for private sales and the self-employed yard-boy
but not really with Incorporated Business.
It also raises the eyebrows for where the cash may have come from.
So better to save that hassle and risk in the chit-chat - and keep the offer simple
and complete with everything you want included. Should you go forward with it.

Cash Transfer ... a wheel barrow full of cash does not excite Business anymore.
I meant "cash" as in outright purchase rather than financing, although I realize that they make money on finance charges. Of course, it would be a certified cheque or EFT.

I was close to buying a local 2008 C6 (Victory Red) and we negotiated a good price, but when it came to closing the deal he demanded actual cash because "he wasn't a bank guy". I walked. Smelled like fish sticks.

I meant "cash" as in outright purchase rather than financing, although I realize that they make money on finance charges. Of course, it would be a certified cheque or EFT.

I was close to buying a local 2008 C6 (Victory Red) and we negotiated a good price, but when it came to closing the deal he demanded actual cash because "he wasn't a bank guy". I walked. Smelled like fish sticks.
Ya ... I took your words literally ... just wanted to keep you safe
and save the stupid used car sales cash chit-chat crap. You also
hit the nail on the head too with financing ... however if they will sweeten
the deal with a better price financed ... just pay out the loan in the first month.
That's something I've had a few of my referrals do - however it was a
new car incentive offer though. Cheers

Good on you with awareness during the hunt with any cash demand - and crazy reason "not a bank guy".

@GrandsportSUNS, @ABC8, @Vegas1500 : I'm still flirting with this vehicle. Before I get too deep into any further negotiations, I'd love an external opinion. I know it is a lot to ask for someone to have a look, but if any of you are still up for it, I would appreciate it and repay the favor. I don't want to make this is hassle for anyone, so no worries whatsoever if it is out of your way.

@GrandsportSUNS, @ABC8, @Vegas1500 : I'm still flirting with this vehicle. Before I get too deep into any further negotiations, I'd love an external opinion. I know it is a lot to ask for someone to have a look, but if any of you are still up for it, I would appreciate it and repay the favor. I don't want to make this is hassle for anyone, so no worries whatsoever if it is out of your way.
Next week is end of the month ... for the May Month-end Sales Report on Monday June 1st ...
Go for it - and play hardball :thumbs:

Reactions: ncnmra
HI Guys. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Crystal Red 2013 at Don Wheaton. @netsinah offered to check it out for me, and WOW was he thorough and keen. The deal is signed and the money is transferred, and now I'm waiting on the shipping company.

I ended up going with Mackie's, as I have read good things about them, and their price was the most reasonable. For reference, I was quoted $1900 CAD + tax (13% in Ontario!). However, that includes door-to-door service in an ENCLOSED truck. Livingston was the cheapest but that was either open truck or rail, and they said they need 5" of clearance, and I think the C6 is only 4".

I'm so excited to become part of the Corvette family. You guys have been simply awesome!

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be chatting more with you soon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.