Wheaton has been good so far. I had a bunch of photos sent to me, as well as a video walk around. They also sent me a mechanical inspection that they did, including some work. Included there was that they replaced the steering rack (is that a red flag??), the battery, the oil, and I believe the windshield. They also put new pads on it and machined the rotors.

Reactions: YFCvii
There was steering rack TSB issued for the C6 that year. A click and bump in the steering on some Vins developed I think. Wasn't a recall if I remember correctly.
TSB ID #PI0831

There was steering rack TSB issued for the C6 that year. A click and bump in the steering on some Vins developed I think.
Great resource! I looked it up, and you are correct. Interesting that they would do this on an incoming vehicle, but perhaps that is their way.

In general, I have been let down by dealers and private sellers here in Ontario. It is a big purchase no matter how you slice it, so I'm approaching very cautiously. While I don't feel that anything is being misrepresented, I just want to cover my bases.

good dealership but there must be better cars out there
envision is a great guy in Calgary and a straight shooter in my opinion
I have no doubt that Envision is a good guy. I've been tracking the prices for about a year though, and given the ownership history, condition and price, it seems like a reasonable value.

What makes you say that there must be better cars?

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Envision is a good guy. I've been tracking the prices for about a year though, and given the ownership history, condition and price, it seems like a reasonable value.

What makes you say that they must be better cars?

MILAGE high, some repairs, not very well equipped from factory

at our cruises we have a dozen or more better cars in that vintage,

some of the folks here should know where better cars are depending on the colour you want

if it is indeed a 1lt then it is a stripper. I.e. a entry level equipped car

DONT WANT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL of owners of a 1lt as I had a base 2lt 2016 and loved it but it had lots of options

just saying some very well equipped nice cars out there in Alberta and others can chime in

again not saying it is less of a car, just that there are lots of 2lt out there
and you don’t need mag ride or z51 if it increases the price too much for you
rhey are all nice, just some may fit your enjoyment meter betterJEFF

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Understood.....I guess I got excited about the year/milage/price. 55k doesn't seem high to me, but perhaps given the year?

This is the sort of thing that I'm used to back here in Ontario:

Good things come to people who wait. Lots die waiting for it though. Everyone will have a somewhat different opinion. I bought my 09 base knowing there would always be something better out there if I just kept waiting and I never regretted it once. Kept it 4 trouble free years and sold it for what I paid. If you find what you want in the price range you want, go for it and enjoy it now. Just a note that we also have Vettes in the group here with higher mileage than that and some well over 100,000 trouble free km on them. If you feel you will be happy, buy a car. If you think you will regret not waiting for a 2 or 3LT garage queen to come along, wait. The choice is yours. Hopefully someone in the Edmonton area will step up and check the car out for you and take it for a drive if you think it's the one. That would be high on my list for an unseen car.

Reactions: ncnmra
Wheaton has been good so far. I had a bunch of photos sent to me, as well as a video walk around. They also sent me a mechanical inspection that they did, including some work. Included there was that they replaced the steering rack (is that a red flag??), the battery, the oil, and I believe the windshield. They also put new pads on it and machined the rotors.
This is really good to know .. as it can otherwise leave
many of us to speculate. It is showing a good amount of
customer respect. Perhaps more than what other Dealers
might surrender information on. I would trust a GM Dealer
with that steering fix than I would a Toyota Dealer or small
town fix-up shop ... primarily because of not really knowing
the likelihood of good familiarity and qualification of the mechanic.
So ... will they extend a "driven KM" warranty on that work
and not limit it to their shop but another dealership?
It's a far fetch ... but who knows.

Even if you pay a little more for the purchase ... you will not regret that part.
I am assuming it's all about the condition now with it being sight unseen.

I do not buy my cars for resale purpose ... there's no benefit for the seller
in return for not enjoying the drives. I maintain my vehicles to my standard
while I enjoy them and that's what I have been successfully able to resell.
I know these cars do not sell themselves - buyer wants usage background.
Just my take on it of course ...

Last edited:
Snooping around quickly, I found this private sale posted 6 days ago for a black on black 2013 Corvette close to Edmonton with just over 6,300 km on it and a standard transmission, but it's a convertible which you may not want and the asking price ($45,000) is much higher than the one at Don Wheaton's you're looking at. But the seller would likely take less and since it's a private sale, there's no added taxes on it unless it's different for someone in Ontario (?). And sometimes low mileage cars like this one come with their own problems, depending upon the owner.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
Well put. I've looked through the options, and the HUD, heated and memory seats would be nice, but they aren't deal breakers for me. The fact that it is a 2013 holds more weight for me as I figure that would eventually help resale.

Seems you have your mind made up on this car which is fine. I once had a similar thought about the options and trim level starting out in a 2LZ car that had all the things you mention above; HUD... etc... Unfortunately, it did not take long to realize I wanted the 3LZ trim which led me to trade up rather quickly. HUD is fantastic and especially the memory seats in a Corvette is really a must-have feature IMO.

I am from Edmonton but am in Thailand now or I would gladly go look at the car for you.

If that trim and option stuff really is not important to you then you will love the car. Mileage on a Corvette is subjective the same as all cars. It's the type of mileage that counts. I would definitely check how many sets of brakes this car has had and look close at the seats, rotors, differential, front end/ suspension, and clutch. The brake rotors look a bit sketchy in the website photo, but it's not a very good photo. A base car despite the last year of the generation is not something I would get too excited about with resale value. Otherwise, the price is not terrible but is up there a bit for a very base car with few options with this mileage. However, it is the best iteration of the C6 generation being a 13.

Good luck with your purchase.

Understood.....I guess I got excited about the year/milage/price. 55k doesn't seem high to me, but perhaps given the year?

This is the sort of thing that I'm used to back here in Ontario:

I am sure you know there were significant improvements made with many aspects of the car throughout the C6 generation. (same as the C7 gen) So as you find cars even a couple of years older the prices should reflect that. Especially pre-2010 cars. Getting a13 gives you the best seats, active handling system, suspension, engine/driveline...etc in the C6.

Well, you guys have tempered my excitement over this deal. Additionally, the price of the shipping was quoted way higher than I expected. They originally quoted me $2900 for covered shipping. Later, the quoted me an all-in price, which included cheaper shipping by train instead. I was put off by the fact that they tried to slip in a "dealer fee" of $700+, which they "can't waive". This is not disclosed anywhere on their website ad for the car. Not sure if this is SOP in AB, but this is actually not legal in ON.

All in, and given the economic uncertainties, I think I will hold off.

Well, you guys have tempered my excitement over this deal. Additionally, the price of the shipping was quoted way higher than I expected. They originally quoted me $2900 for covered shipping. Later, the quoted me an all-in price, which included cheaper shipping by train instead. I was put off by the fact that they tried to slip in a "dealer fee" of $700+, which they "can't waive". This is not disclosed anywhere on their website ad for the car. Not sure if this is SOP in AB, but this is actually not legal in ON.

All in, and given the economic uncertainties, I think I will hold off.

Unless they hit you a dealer fee for getting the car to the train, etc., hidden fees are not allowed here either. Yeah. For $3,600 you couldfly out and drive it back way cheaper than that.

Good to know about Wheston.
Some are OK with them but this
Crazy fee crap but I am definitely not.
Totally. Appears that AMVIC states the same thing in AB as OMVIC in ON.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is NO statement in the ad stating that there are extra "dealer fees".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.