As I’ve been off last week with my knee issues,I’ve been watching a lot of RC trucks and train stuff. Honestly,I’ve found this to be very relaxing. Watching this vid though,I’ve come to the conclusion Silverton isn’t a very safe town. There seems to be a certain criminal element in this little hamlet. See if you can find the illegal activities going on. Bonus points if you spot the little male dog with his right leg cocked,marking his territory too.

It’s incredible what you can see if you look beyond the train itself. Very enjoyable I’m finding these vids.

Just an ongoing ligament issue with my left knee for a few years now. The opportunity came up to have it looked at and treated. Took a week and today,tomorrow off. Going back Wednesday.

• Sad
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Newly minted from Royal Canadian Mint.
100 years of CNR and
I wish this was a Circulation Coin
and not just Nickel Plated Steel commemorative.

cn100.jpg

Circa 197#?

I rememebr when we used to have Gulf stations in this province. And I remember when gas used to be 28.9 cents a litre. Wow. Cool picture. You don't see that nowadays with a locomotive cruising down a main street.

Circa 197#?

I rememebr when we used to have Gulf stations in this province. And I remember when gas used to be 28.9 cents a litre. Wow. Cool picture. You don't see that nowadays with a locomotive cruising down a main street.
Actually, there are two Gulf stations here in Toronto again! A very small re-emergence so far. One in Scarborough, one in North York.
We pass the one in Scarborough on our way to our son's house. It is at St Clair and Kennedy Rd.

Some absolutely amazing trains on here! Really glad you guys posted up pics. I could not imagine the funds required to restore one of these machines.
agree ... a very good "off-topic" Topic :thumbs:
that would be absolutely shameful to "de-rail" :Cheers2:
and free from any "train-wrecks" too :Nono1:
I am enjoying this thread ... :oldman:

Last edited:
As mentioned there still are lots of towns that have grown up around "their" railways. This one has its own web cam on the station in Ashland. Virgina.

Pic says from 1923 but think it must be later based on the vintage of the automobiles

Ashland Traindays

Lots of Amtrak and Northeast Regional trains along with CSX freight

Last edited: