Aug 10, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
G87 in transit
Province
ON
I'm looking for some help from the community here, has anyone heard of any dealerships anywhere in Canada that have allocations? Willing to buy it and have the car shipped to me as long as I can get it early in 2020. Heck, I'd even buy an allocation off somebody looking to get rid of it. Any help would be great, thanks!

nKuch,

Wish I could help. We (Bill Spencer Chevrolet, Cobourg, Ontario) received allocation for 13 for the first half of the 2020 MY. All of the spots were gone within 3 days of the announcement of the allocations. I highly doubt there's a single dealership with any early-release allocation left.

We are still accepting deposits and there's a chance we could get more 2020's than we have deposits for. Can't predict the future though.

Reactions: LE BARON
Wondering if any particular Dealership
Reps that I experienced for my C7-ZR1
endeavor are watching? I sure hope not.
(for thoughts about a 2020 allocation premium)

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWP and LE BARON
You're not comparing apples to apples here. That's more like apples to bricks.

Stingray =/= ZR-1.

They're making more than 2,441* Stingrays in the 2020 Model Year. I think there's going to be plenty to go around.

If a dealership doesn't get enough 2020's, there will be plenty more in 2021.

*2,441 ZR-1 were built in the 2019MY, which stretched 20 months, from January, 2018 through August 2019.

You're not comparing apples to apples here. That's more like apples to bricks.

Stingray =/= ZR-1.

They're making more than 2,441* Stingrays in the 2020 Model Year. I think there's going to be plenty to go around.

If a dealership doesn't get enough 2020's, there will be plenty more in 2021.

*2,441 ZR-1 were built in the 2019MY, which stretched 20 months, from January, 2018 through August 2019.

I think you may have missed his point. The disgusting dealership gouging on the C7 ZR1 that was going on with the huge “premium” over MSRP all over Canada was a disgrace and turned many customers away from long supported dealerships. Ruined many relationships with customers who had purchased multiple vehicles. Me being one of them. Not guys relying on financing either. Cash buyers.
To be fair there were a few who reached out with cars but unfortunately the configurations were not preferred. Despite the location in Canada these are dealerships some of us will be buying from in the future regards of how far.
So if I interpreted his comment correctly this is what it referred to.
What is the position of your dealership in regard to the premium over MSRP? How are your loyal customers going to be treated?
Apples to Bricks.... which type of dealership do you represent?

I think you may have missed his point. The disgusting dealership gouging on the C7 ZR1 that was going on with the huge “premium” over MSRP all over Canada was a disgrace and turned many customers away from long supported dealerships. Ruined many relationships with customers who had purchased multiple vehicles. Me being one of them. Not guys relying on financing either. Cash buyers.
To be fair there were a few who reached out with cars but unfortunately the configurations were not preferred. Despite the location in Canada these are dealerships some of us will be buying from in the future regards of how far.
So if I interpreted his comment correctly this is what it referred to.
What is the position of your dealership in regard to the premium over MSRP? How are your loyal customers going to be treated?
Apples to Bricks.... which type of dealership do you represent?

ddgermann,

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't getting that at all as that's not a practice our dealership follows. It's horribly unethical to do that to your customers. At full MSRP, the dealership is bringing in plenty of profit (though not as much as some might think).

Our policy is simple: Nothing above MSRP, nothing below.

We also don't allow our deposit holders to sell their position on the waiting list to anyone. The person holding the deposit must be the buyer at the end of the transaction.

We were fortunate to have a single ZR-1 come through our dealership mid-summer, 2019. We did the same thing: MSRP, nothing above, nothing below.

I wouldn't want to work at a dealership that did such unethical practices.

All of the spots were gone within 3 days of the announcement of the allocations.
... and there's a chance we could get more 2020's ...

No Worry ...
Apples to Apples for comparing this specific initial C8-2020 model year ... and the C7-ZR1 model year (although not same model of course).
for those who can't wait for 2021 and, as not mentioned by me, all of the sudden there's a C8 - 2020 allocation out of nowhere.
I was also very specific not to point my comment toward any Dealership (as, whether known or not, I am/was known
to the Dealership with my same name ... for a two MSRP+gst C7-ZR1 to-spec commitment)

note: please know it wasn't me mentioning the one-in-an-impossible chance of an available 2020 allocation
as we all have been told there is no 2020 left for Canada.

... it was told to me that the orange C7-ZR1 went to the owner there ... thought well at least there's one "Spencer" with one :hitchhike:

Last edited:
ddgermann,

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't getting that at all as that's not a practice our dealership follows. It's horribly unethical to do that to your customers. At full MSRP, the dealership is bringing in plenty of profit (though not as much as some might think).

Our policy is simple: Nothing above MSRP, nothing below.

We also don't allow our deposit holders to sell their position on the waiting list to anyone. The person holding the deposit must be the buyer at the end of the transaction.

We were fortunate to have a single ZR-1 come through our dealership mid-summer, 2019. We did the same thing: MSRP, nothing above, nothing below.

I wouldn't want to work at a dealership that did such unethical practices.

Thanks for that reply and clarification. I have to tell you that it is refreshing as a customer to read this.
Oddly enough customers have ethics as well and despite the extra 50k being nothing more than annoying to pay for the car you want so badly, the lack of ethics demonstrated over this from certain dealerships is the primary reason the relationship ends. Well speaking strictly for myself
Now I’m not sure I interpreted @SN-III correctly either as he’s a deep thinker but regardless I did gain from our exchange here.
Thanks for letting us know where your dealership stands. You’re on my list of go to places now.

Derek

No Worry ...
Apples to Apples for comparing this specific initial C8-2020 model year ... and the C7-ZR1 model year (although not same model of course).
for those who can't wait for 2021 and, as not mentioned by me, all of the sudden there's a C8 - 2020 allocation out of nowhere.
I was also very specific not to point my comment toward any Dealership (as, whether known or not, I am/was known
to the Dealership with my same name ... for a two MSRP+gst C7-ZR1 to-spec commitment)

note: please know it wasn't me mentioning the one-in-an-impossible chance of an available 2020 allocation
as we all have been told there is no 2020 left for Canada.

... it was told to me that the orange C7-ZR1 went to the owner there ... thought well at least there's one "Spencer" with one :hitchhike:

I want believe that we are going to receive more 2020 Corvettes than we have deposits for. It may just be wishful thinking, but I'm an optimist and, well, Corvettes are a heck of a lot more fun to sell than Equinoxes!

I'm going to look a historical data and trends to try to make some predictions. I'll be back with this.

Regarding other dealerships, I cannot and will not say anything about any specific one as I feel it out be out of place for me to do so.

Regarding myself, I would like to point out that I am a Car Guy first, and a Product Advisor second. I didn't get into this business because of the lucrative potential, I did it because I love cars and I wanted to work with people.

There was only one ZR-1 sold through our dealership and it was Black on Black with Chrome wheels. It went to someone who is now a good friend of mine and who has no affiliation with the dealership. I'm the only one at the dealership who would consider buying a Corvette (and now owns one).

nKuch,

Wish I could help. We (Bill Spencer Chevrolet, Cobourg, Ontario) received allocation for 13 for the first half of the 2020 MY. All of the spots were gone within 3 days of the announcement of the allocations. I highly doubt there's a single dealership with any early-release allocation left.

We are still accepting deposits and there's a chance we could get more 2020's than we have deposits for. Can't predict the future though.
Thanks for the response, I see you mentioned 13 allocations for the first half of 2020 MY, does that mean you're expecting another 13 for the second half of 2020? If so, when do you expect or predict that the second wave will be delivered? Thanks again!

I was told by the GM at Carter GM here in North Vancouver that is company policy to charge the MSRP only - NO MARKUP! I believe Carter has dealerships elsewhere in the West as well. They had 20 allocations - all gone with deposits - I am No.1 or 2 on the list. I was told that if I decided not to buy that he had others waiting!!!:Cheers2:

Reactions: ddgermann
I was told by the GM at Carter GM here in North Vancouver that is company policy to charge the MSRP only - NO MARKUP! I believe Carter has dealerships elsewhere in the West as well. They had 20 allocations - all gone with deposits - I am No.1 or 2 on the list. I was told that if I decided not to buy that he had others waiting!!!:Cheers2:

Double thumbs up James 👍👍
After meeting you I know how much you want this car. Good for you man. Enjoy the hell out of it.

• Clever
Reactions: JCWP

That's great to hear! There's nothing saying a dealership cannot charge more than MSRP, but no one should pay more than MSRP.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.