mbp

Casual User
Jun 22, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
corvette 1969
Province
ON
Hi. I have a guestion regarding the anti-theft alarm in my 69. The alarm works when turned on and the hood is raised, as it should. My question is should also alarm when a door is opened? If so is it triggered by the courtesy light switch or the door ajar switch?

Hi. I have a guestion regarding the anti-theft alarm in my 69. The alarm works when turned on and the hood is raised, as it should. My question is should also alarm when a door is opened? If so is it triggered by the courtesy light switch or the door ajar switch?

The left or right door pin switch grounds the horn when doors are opened. Hope this helps.

Redirect Notice

Thanks for the replies and help. Work is all done and both doors and hood now work the alarm horn. It is the hinge pillar switches , that also works the courtesy lights that set off the alarm. Again thanks for your time and help.

Thanks for the replies and help. Work is all done and both doors and hood now work the alarm horn. It is the hinge pillar switches , that also works the courtesy lights that set off the alarm. Again thanks for your time and help.

Glad I could help. Cheers!

Hi. I believe the 81 is quite different from my 69. Looked at the parts from Corvette Central online catalogue. It appears the alarm is activated from a switch that is on the inside of door lock on either sides of the car. Also appears to be a relay in the system.Perhaps the relay, switches or their harness are the problem. On the 69 it is a separate horn in back that is the noise maker. If so on the 81 that could also be something to check. Good luck

Reactions: ddgermann
Hi. I believe the 81 is quite different from my 69. Looked at the parts from Corvette Central online catalogue. It appears the alarm is activated from a switch that is on the inside of door lock on either sides of the car. Also appears to be a relay in the system.Perhaps the relay, switches or their harness are the problem. On the 69 it is a separate horn in back that is the noise maker. If so on the 81 that could also be something to check. Good luck
thank you guys I will look into it

81 will have lots of switches that can actuvate alarm....both doors, both t-tops, both keylocks(drivers door has 2, plunger and slideswitch), and hood, there should also be a switch up under front grill that turns it on or off...its a key switch like your door lock...may or may not have it. There will be a seperate horn relay/flasher, as well as secondary hazard flasher and an alarm relay. If any of these are not in circuit and working, its possible it work work at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.