Hi all, my ABS and traction control service code comes on periodically. Is there anyone in Canada that fixes the modules, assuming that is what the problem is. And mine is a 99, and I heard they do not manufacture the modules anymore. What to do.

This is a shot in the dark but check your brake fluid level. Low brake fluid on my C6 gave me the same codes.

Take a look at the below you-tube video.

“Fixing the EBCM (electronic brake control module) in A C5 Corvette (2001 to 2004) “

I know this is stating it’s for 2001-2004, but I would start here. I did this fix on my 2003, and it hasn’t missed a beat since. C5’s are famous for bad solder they used in there electronics.

Hi all, my ABS and traction control service code comes on periodically. Is there anyone in Canada that fixes the modules, assuming that is what the problem is. And mine is a 99, and I heard they do not manufacture the modules anymore. What to do.
good afternoon- you might contact ASI co. in Rogersville, Tenn ph# 1 866 9836688 we used them to repair our ABC on our 2001.don't know if they could help but worth a try & very inexpensive.

Those messages are coming up in my display on my 2001 as well now. I am going to take out the EBCM and try and fix the solder joints in it myself over the winter.
Hi Don, did soldering the joints on the EBCM solve this problem? Last week I started receiving the same intermittent messages on my 2001 Z06 and am wondering if that is where I should start? thanks.

Hi Don, did soldering the joints on the EBCM solve this problem? Last week I started receiving the same intermittent messages on my 2001 Z06 and am wondering if that is where I should start? thanks.
Hey Kurtz, actually, I did not pull the ECBM afterwards at all last winter. When I uncovered it this spring I didn't have those codes flashing anymore. I didn't really do anything to fix the issue, but it just stopped happening. There was no difference in drivability, just annoying to have to keep resetting them when they would show up. 2K on the odometer so far this year and all is good. I know this isn't helping you any to make your decision, but that's what happened in my case.

There are several good videos on Youtube that show how to go about the soldering if you so choose. It doesn't look to be that hard of a chore to fix. hardwst would be to get at the bolts that holds the ECBM in place.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hey Kurtz, actually, I did not pull the ECBM afterwards at all last winter. When I uncovered it this spring I didn't have those codes flashing anymore. I didn't really do anything to fix the issue, but it just stopped happening. There was no difference in drivability, just annoying to have to keep resetting them when they would show up. 2K on the odometer so far this year and all is good. I know this isn't helping you any to make your decision, but that's what happened in my case.

There are several good videos on Youtube that show how to go about the soldering if you so choose. It doesn't look to be that hard of a chore to fix. hardwst would be to get at the bolts that holds the ECBM in place.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out.
Thanks for pointing me to the YouTube videos. I watched a couple and looks like what I need to do when I have time.

Reactions: OL Yeller
sorry just read your thread- are you still having issues?? We found a place in Tenn that fixes them very reasonably- ASI company Rogerville Tenn ph# 866 983 6688

sorry just read your thread- are you still having issues?? We found a place in Tenn that fixes them very reasonably- ASI company Rogerville Tenn ph# 866 983 6688
Thanks for the info about ASI, I'm debating if I should try to fix the ECBM myself as per the videos it does not look too hard or if I should send it to ASI.

Have the same issues with my 2k. It can be fixed somewhere in MO State. Im just gonna drive mine until it doesn’t wanna drive anymore. So far it’s still responding to what I wanted it to do. Will be needing new tires soon. 😎

The intermittent problem will stop resurfacing when the TCS isn`t being used (for instance after winter). During summer, you can lock up your brakes on a gravel road to activate the system. Alternately, you may be able to produce the issue with a scan tool that has the ABS bleed function. Both ABS and TCS use the same underlying principles of operation and exercise the same electromechanical electronic circuits that typically become faulty.

I did an entire detailed writeup well over a decade ago on the corvette forums explaining how to repair the EBCM with equivalent generic relay part number. As there was a low cost online repair outfit offering EBCM repair at the time, I didn`t put much thought into repairing these, partly because of the inconsistency in their design midway through that generation`s production.

The first generation EBCM for the C5 is mostly non-repairable due to the electronic components being unencapsulated and entirely potted, particularly when the relay is not the cause. The redesigned units from 01-04 I can usually repair although I don`t have a bench jig to interrogate & test as would Delphi or its partners. There is no business case for this due to economies of scale.

In the case of failure caused by internally broken solder joints, the first generation can be repaired, as in the case where only the relay is faulty. However, sometimes the relay drive transistors could be burned out which is unencapsulated & potted.

Last edited:
I have a 2000 with a faulty EBCM. I've been searching for one since April. I found a place (I've forgotten the name) in the states that says they will repair them but it has to be sent from a shop. They won't do DIYers. Don't know why? I also found a place that will send out a reconditioned one from the states with a warranty but they are over 3K. I have there info some where on my computer, probably can find out who they are if you want it.

I can fix it if it is repairable, although have no jig to test it. You should be able to find a spare from a junkyard in Florida for a reasonable price while you figure out what to do with the faulty one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.