I don’t see me getting mobile until the end of May. Brakes and tires and I’m buying a new used car from my folks neighbor in early May. Unless I hit a good windfall,I’m parked until then.
"We" will do what "we" can to get you up and running in good time Mike.
As I lost 6 weeks last Summer with mine in the shop, I did find out that the time I had for the remainder of the Corvette Season
mattered much more than the time that I lost without it. Things will come through.

... and even though we have four seats for Ponoka this year ...
and as the seats with a steering wheel are already spoken for,
it is understandable if a navigator seat just wouldn't be the same ... because it's not

Last edited:
Reactions: thomigun
Brian I haven't heard of any other vette events going on in the area.

It is not an event....yet. one Corvette guy on Alb Corvettes FB page mentioned about having a BBQ or something at his Uncles farm property off hwy 53 near Ponoka. Some posted/mentioned it should maybe be after your event. I looked but can't find the post. i told him about this and he wanted a date to tell his Uncle... said no date yet... this was about 2 weeks ago. I will see if I can find the info. Guessing him and his Uncle are both Vette people.

found the post. posted the date to tell the guy... this is the property.

Jordan Schur Ken Turner this is my Uncles place outside of ponoka on hwy 53. I was just out there messing with the new drone. Beautiful property though!

Heather Ng Brian Lakusta, I’m asking IF Jordan Schur’s Uncle OK going on his property, would Eric or organizers be ok with making that one of the stops?
1f601.png

We will see if this guy talks to his Uncle now that he knows the date. Ken was looking for a nice place to do a aerial shot of Corvettes on a property.

28276734_10160136848750327_1195499261607073990_n.jpg

Last edited:
actually I don't like to drive much too early.... too dirty and dusty. Takes till mid June here for all roads to be swept. :(

OK, I don't like to drive much all year.. LOL

June, July, Aug and Sept plenty of time to enjoy a sports car... if you drive it ;)

B
You were there last year B ... maybe a last minute choice for you ...
would be great with you there to say hi and I'm rather certain there will be people wanting the tire plug thingy from you

Last edited:
You were there last year B ... maybe a last minute choice for you ... would be great with you there to say hi and I'm rather certain there will be people wanting the tire plug thingy from you

I will probably be there. Most of the time I insure early may just don't like to drive if roads dirty/dusty.

Some might want the tire stuff..... I will have work on a spring re-order soon as out of stock on some items.

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
I won't be pushing the tire repair tools there... I kinda hate making my participation look more like a revenue event for me.

if you want product pre plan before. It is a paper route type deal for me.. just good to have them in your vehicle to maybe save someone if they get a flat.

Brian

My wife Heather and I should be there. Like Brian mentioned earlier. Our friend Jordan Uncle could possibly host an late afternoon BBQ at his uncles place and get a awesome arial shot with all the cars on the property. So we have the breakfast and lunch in Ponoka then cruise over to Gull Lake. Then if BBQ is a go. We could cruise over to there from Gull lake if all planned. I will get Jordan to join CCF to join this event as he could fill us in if al works out.
PLEASE keep this in mind. This is this an extra add on if anyone would like to go. OR we can leave this part out and keep it the cruise the way it normally has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Somebuddy
Baby Ray mentioned we should make a event of this on Alberta Corvettes on Facebook.

Bruce, do you want this? could maybe add 10 cars possibly ... you ok if it gets a bit bigger ?

Let us know here or by PM.

Brian

We topped out at about 30 vettes last year. We could probably fit maybe 10 more without sending cars to the back of the wash. The owner of the wash was feeling a little cramped tho. I think we can find room unless fb brings a whole whack of new guys out??
I would like to keep our meet with a starting time of 9am come earlier breakfast will start at 8am if you choose or come later, lunch will begin about 11:30-12:00 We will leave Ponoka on our cruise about 1-1:30 arriving approximately to the west side of gull lake at 2-2:30 for pics ect. The meet will officially end at 3pm. If some want to linger this is fine if some want to get going to the farm bbq /photo this is fine also.

We topped out at about 30 vettes last year. We could probably fit maybe 10 more without sending cars to the back of the wash. The owner of the wash was feeling a little cramped tho. I think we can find room unless fb brings a whole whack of new guys out??
I would like to keep our meet with a starting time of 9am come earlier breakfast will start at 8am if you choose or come later, lunch will begin about 11:30-12:00 We will leave Ponoka on our cruise about 1-1:30 arriving approximately to the west side of gull lake at 2-2:30 for pics ect. The meet will officially end at 3pm. If some want to linger this is fine if some want to get going to the farm bbq /photo this is fine also.

Reactions: Rruuff Day

I just got news about the farm/BBQ/Picture. I think we are gonna pass on this idea. Unfortunately it has about 3-4 Kms of gravel road. I know how much most people feel about that. It was just a thought while it looks like a very nice place.
Ken

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.