image.jpeg
What a awesome day!!
Thanks to everyone who orginzed and helped, and to everyone who made it out this year!!! What a great group of people and Vettes!

Was truly a great day. The weather was perfect... a balmy 18 and sun.... I had hikers on my feet so lost count after 10 but I think we had about 22 cars...... Huge thanks once again to the several people of Ponoka who organize and put this meet on every year and ask nothing of anyone other than to come and have a great time... A super BBQ....and this year a donation tin for the fire stricken people of Fort MacMurray.... There will be lots of pictures posted I'm sure as there were a lot of cameras out today but here's a few of mine to tide you over for now. Will post more when Brenda gets hers done. And Graham.... the buttons were a hit... I'm glad you told me what they were cause I don't think anyone else knew either....
For those who were unable to make it, I will look forward to next year, meeting new faces and gorgeous cars again, and seeing the old and new friends who were able to make it this year.

DSCN4112r.jpg
DSCN4119.JPG
DSCN4137.JPG
DSCN4143.JPG
DSCN4115.JPG

Eric, I know where you got those lock covers! I washed my car the other day and using the "Master Blaster" to dry it my NASCAR 03 custom keyhole cover when flying. Spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees looking through the gravel to find it. I was not going to lose it! Thanks Graham.:thumbs:

Great shots, some beautiful cars. Hope you folks had a really good day.:canada:

It looked like an awesome day!!!
The C2 - C7 generation picture is great.
Bring on more pics..

Graham
Thanks Graham.... Not sure whose Idea it was for the 2-7 generation layout but it was a good one and I know you will see a lot of pics coming..... and a lot better than mine..... I can't wait either. Hessy's wife Rainey always takes pictures of the cars. and action shots as we leave for the lake cruise too.... This year, thanks to a new owner (Tim)... we even had the local RCMP drop in to look at the cars and chat with us.... then they set up traffic stops for us so we could all line up and leave on the cruise together

Reactions: NW-99SS
Eric, I know where you got those lock covers! I washed my car the other day and using the "Master Blaster" to dry it my NASCAR 03 custom keyhole cover when flying. Spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees looking through the gravel to find it. I was not going to lose it! Thanks Graham.:thumbs:

Great shots, some beautiful cars. Hope you folks had a really good day.:canada:
Thanks Murray..... It was a good day.....:Biggrin:

My Ponoka Experience.

The trip to Red Deer was enjoyable and I don't think there could have been better weather for a road trip.....but the squeak in the belt started to drive me up the wall. It's not loud....just there. I put out a call asking if anyone could help and AbertaZ06 to the rescue! I brought my car over to AZ06's stunning garage late on Friday night and threw my car on his lift for this easy 15 minute job. Here is my car on the lift.

IMG_8123.JPG

After an hour of fighting with the belt, trying different ways to get it on, it was apparent that the extra width ( 1" vs 5/8") of the new belt was definitely causing issues. It wasn't even close to fitting however, when we measured the two belts side by side, it appeared the new belt even had a bit more length??? Well, as it was getting pretty late and we had an early start, we figured we would see if the old belt would install.....and pop, easy peasy, the old belt went right in place no problem, so the extra width of the Gatorback belt definitely caused issues. With that out of the way, I noticed my side marker light sticking out out about a 3/8" which has started coming out every once in a while. Since the car was on the lift and there were tools handy, we popped off the rear tail light, put an 11mm socket on the nuts and tightened them up so that is great to have done so I never have to think about that again.
AZ06 showed me around his garage and his C4 project where he is installing a 5.3 with a 5 speed into his car and other stuff that he has worked on with his C5. What a great sounding C5, Woo!
It was an absolute pleasure getting to meet him and I really appreciate the help with the belt and knowing how it goes and what to look for. Thank you so much AZ06!

The next day was the Ponoka run. I met Paul, AZ06, at the A&W. Eric and Brenda met us there, as well as one of AZ06's friends. We headed off we went to Blackfalds to meet Rob who couldn't make it and picked up and Perry with his gorgeous one week old Z06 along the way. I was following Eric looking at the RRUFFDY on the license plate thinking, RRUFFDY, RRUFFDY then when he drove on the left had side of the road, it all snapped together, Oh! Eric, who farms, from Alberta, went to Australia, and is Ruff Day on the forum and that I've spoken with a million times! I tell you, for me being a "smart" person, nothing makes you feel quite as stupid as realizing you've missed some obvious clues to who people are. :D So, I had to tell Eric about it when we got to Ponoka and in turn, he gave me a super nice Nextel Nascar jacket, so lesson learned. (and by the way, I just make up that the drove on the left side of the road.) Oh, and for other bling, Graham (Nascar03) was going to come but unfortunately has to stay home, however, he sent the key hole covers painted all different colors for everyone so I got one of those as well! Thank you Graham!

Oh! One other highlight. Getting lost on the Cruise to Gull Lake, we pulled over and Don in his ZR1 (who was making sure no one got behind) blazed by us to take the lead. The ol' ZR1 sounded awesome even though I had my windows up. I really wish they were down to properly hear that engine go.

It was so nice to meet everyone and obviously, Garry, Brian, and Vince, you were all missed. Here are the pictures.
IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8136.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

IMG_8144.JPG

IMG_8145.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.