Must make a huge difference if you are naked. If not, I'll save the $17000 for food and shelter..
... oh buy clothes too ... :vc

Ya ... it's a good plan to secure food, clothing and shelter before the buying the toys.
Perhaps sadly only considered as old-school thinking by youth these days.
After all it's perhaps wise old school thinking now that ...
"He who owns the most toys, only has the largest Estate Yard/Garage Sale" ...

... any who ... leather interiors ... to each their own ...
Vehicles I buy have either interior "included in the price" - so it doesn't matter :angelic:

Last edited:
... oh buy clothes too ... :vc

Ya ... it's a good plan to secure food, clothing and shelter before the buying the toys.
Perhaps sadly only considered as old-school thinking by youth these days.
After all it's perhaps wise old school thinking now that ...
"He who has the most toys, only has the largest Estate Yard/Garage Sale" ...

... any who ... leather interiors ... to each their own ... My thinking had either "included in the price" :angelic:
If I die a dollar in debt, I win...

I am the children....
They call that Paraphilic infantilism.... :rofl:

1606863199320.png

Thank you guys! So from your replies basically I take it to mean that the 2LT door panel, armrest and dash are in mulan/bonded leather and 3LT is in Napa leather?

This is important and will really help my decision making. I have a 2LT vert on order with GT2 seats. The different to upgrade to 3LT is $3725 ($5600-$1875).
I agree with what some of you said, the difference between mulan and Napa may not worth the $3725 price, at least from my own perspective. But if 2LT is in some sort of cheap leatherette (dash/door/console) then it is a different story then I might have to reconsider. That is why I asked as many of you have either 2LT or 3LT here.

again thank you everyone!
Hi, I've been reading through this thread and the guys that have the 2LT justify the savings and say the 3LT isn't worth it.
They are wrong, as even the steering wheel airbag is done in Napa leather instead of plastic with the 3LT. I have sat in/driven
the 2LT and it's fine, but the 3LT is much nicer softer leather and looks better as well with the leather wrapped lower doors, suede wrapper upper interior trim as well as nicer leather for the console, arm rest, door skins and nicer looking dash.
I have read guys on other forums regret not getting the 3LT because when they ordered the car, they had nothing to compare it to but once they saw and felt the 3LT they wished they had gone for it. To me a car like this I only get the best and for just $3750 difference if your getting the GT2 seats anyway, it's an easy decision.

Reactions: AxeZ06
Hi, I've been reading through this thread and the guys that have the 2LT justify the savings and say the 3LT isn't worth it.
They are wrong, as even the steering wheel airbag is done in Napa leather instead of plastic with the 3LT. I have sat in/driven
the 2LT and it's fine, but the 3LT is much nicer softer leather and looks better as well with the leather wrapped lower doors, suede wrapper upper interior trim as well as nicer leather for the console, arm rest, door skins and nicer looking dash.
I have read guys on other forums regret not getting the 3LT because when they ordered the car, they had nothing to compare it to but once they saw and felt the 3LT they wished they had gone for it. To me a car like this I only get the best and for just $3750 difference if your getting the GT2 seats anyway, it's an easy decision.
Nah... bro you got it all wrong. First of all we're not talking about the suede you can get with the 3LT, or the extra stitching you can get with the 3LT. What we're talking about is the fake terms "Napa" leather and "Mulan" leather. Like you, I've been in both and chose 2LT, not because I can't afford the upgrade to 3LT but because I'm not giving away my money to GM for something that really just doesn't make a difference. Same thing why I didn't get Z51. Not cause I couldn't afford it, but because I'm not giving GM my money for something that makes no difference for me. I drive on the street and my non-Z51 2LT vert takes 2.6 seconds to reach 100 km/h.
If you feel the grainy leather is worth the extra 4K over a smoother leather go for it, if you think its all smoke and mirrors, then the money is better sitting in your jeans than giving it away to GM for nothing.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-01 at 8.32.04 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-01 at 8.32.04 PM.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I never justified 2LT for cost savings. I bought the 2LT, mainly because I knew I wanted the extras over 1LT. Thought about the 3LT but didn’t. Now I’m glad I didn’t purely because I would have got the all natural package, and since hearing about the reflections in the windshield, I know that would drive me crazy! But that’s just me, and others have no problem with it. So get whatever you want/can afford. You will love the car! That much is for certain!

No, we have our opinion on value. As do you. There is no wrong or right. Just opinion.
I agree to an extent. But when you can't find a real definition to "Napa Leather vs Mulan Leather" and the only google searches that come up are apparently from Corvette forums and sites, that's telling you a lot. It's the justification one seeks when one spends money for something that really is nonexistent.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I agree to an extent. But when you can't find a real definition to "Napa Leather vs Mulan Leather" and the only google searches that come up are apparently from Corvette forums and sites, that's telling you a lot. It's the justification one seeks when one spends money for something that really is nonexistent.
I’ve always wanted Corinthian leather............

• Haha
Reactions: Sparro
I agree, pretty much exactly what I meant. The value one places on things is subjective to their position in life.

Reactions: Sparro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread