Jan 21, 2020
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hello guys. Sorry if this has been answered before. Basically I am looking for what is the upgrades from 2LT to 3LT specifically in terms of leather interior.

I know 3LT gets GT2 Seats with Napa Leather and suede-wrapped A pillar and roof so that part is straight forward.

I believe 3LT also gets Napa leather wrapped door panels, central armrest and dash? And this is my question - is it a upgrade from Mulan leather in 2LT or leatherette material in 2LT?

Thanks

Hello guys. Sorry if this has been answered before. Basically I am looking for what is the upgrades from 2LT to 3LT specifically in terms of leather interior.

I know 3LT gets GT2 Seats with Napa Leather and suede-wrapped A pillar and roof so that part is straight forward.

I believe 3LT also gets Napa leather wrapped door panels, central armrest and dash? And this is my question - is it a upgrade from Mulan leather in 2LT or leatherette material in 2LT?

Thanks
Good question! I have read on various websites that Napa is real leather and Mulan is like bonded leather or something like that. But I don’t know for sure and GM’s website doesn’t help. I have the 2LT and am quite happy with the Mulan .

The ONLY sites that say Mulan is "bonded" leather is Corvette sites. The names Napa and Mulan are made up words. You won't find Mulan leather anywhere but at GM. Napa leather is also a made up term named after the area it first appeared. Napa valley California.
So, both IMO are real leather, but the names are a way of avoiding copywrites.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
Thank you guys! So from your replies basically I take it to mean that the 2LT door panel, armrest and dash are in mulan/bonded leather and 3LT is in Napa leather?

This is important and will really help my decision making. I have a 2LT vert on order with GT2 seats. The different to upgrade to 3LT is $3725 ($5600-$1875).
I agree with what some of you said, the difference between mulan and Napa may not worth the $3725 price, at least from my own perspective. But if 2LT is in some sort of cheap leatherette (dash/door/console) then it is a different story then I might have to reconsider. That is why I asked as many of you have either 2LT or 3LT here.

again thank you everyone!

Thank you guys! So from your replies basically I take it to mean that the 2LT door panel, armrest and dash are in mulan/bonded leather and 3LT is in Napa leather?

This is important and will really help my decision making. I have a 2LT vert on order with GT2 seats. The different to upgrade to 3LT is $3725 ($5600-$1875).
I agree with what some of you said, the difference between mulan and Napa may not worth the $3725 price, at least from my own perspective. But if 2LT is in some sort of cheap leatherette (dash/door/console) then it is a different story then I might have to reconsider. That is why I asked as many of you have either 2LT or 3LT here.

again thank you everyone!
Nowhere on the web (google it) other than "Corvette forums speculation" that Mulan is bonded or otherwise.
They are both real leather. One is a better quality than the other.
As to your question there is nothing phony in these cars. The interiors are far superior to those in the past from all accounts.

1606835296842.png

Reactions: ABC
Nowhere on the web (google it) other than "Corvette forums speculation" that Mulan is bonded or otherwise.
They are both real leather. One is a better quality than the other.
As to your question there is nothing phony in these cars. The interiors are far superior to those in the past from all accounts.

View attachment 74350
Lol. Ok.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
I've seen them both, been in them both (I have a 2LT). The only difference I can see is the "Napa" leather has more grain to it and the "Mulan" leather is a smoother leather with less grain. It's marketing, they will try to "fool" you into paying for something that's essentially the same.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8

... without prejudice !!! ... found this rather than posting the link ...​

not my words and mainly because of the photo of the two side by side ...​

I have 5 GM vehicles with both types and touch wood, or in my case touch real carbon fibre,​

the main leather difference remains to be just visual ... so far ... :thumbs:

What is Mulan Leather?​

Mulan leather is confusing for many reasons. One of them being that Disney released a movie that might confuse people as to why leather is named after any movie or what the leather has to do with the movie at all. Whatever the case may be you may find yourself making a choice between Napa leather and Mulan leather. If you find yourself in this position then you might also have to ask yourself., "do I know the difference between the two and do I or should I care?" We will examine the issue in the paragraphs to follow below.
What one is right for you?
(OEM) Leather comes in two types. It can come as either Napa or Mulan.
Both of these terms are confusing similar to the difference between OEM and aftermarket. If you are experienced in the industry or are a person who has bought their fair share of accessories then you may not have as much as of a problem. However, the beginner, who probably does not know the difference between OEM and aftermarket probably will not know the difference between Mulan and Napa leather.
We have read some people that say that Napa leather comes from the belly of the animal which is softer and accounts for the less grainy feeling of Napa leather. However, we can neither confirm or deny that this is true. We can confirm that Napa leather does tend to feel smoother than its counterpart, Mulan leather. A side by side comparison gives you the full story.
mulan%20vs%20napa.jpg

Mulan Leather on the left and Napa Leather on the Right
The amount of graininess becomes apparent when side by side with the Napa leather. The question becomes if the difference is noticeable. The difference is noticeable under two circumstances. 1. The person who is feeling the leather is sufficiently educated to understand that there is a difference in the two leather types or is generally aware that the two types of leather exist at all. 2. The two leather types are close to each other.
The truth is that the choice of leather comes down personal preference
and how much, "keeping ahead of" the Joneses the owner is trying to stay. The viewpoint of most aficionados is that Napa leather is better for the sheer fact that it tends to be much smoother than its brethren, Mulan leather. If you are trying to impress gear heads or a car show then you need to get Napa leather. Otherwise, you might find that you prefer the feel of the Mulan leather for a variety of reasons. You might like the texture of the leather. You might have had a parent that liked to wear leather boots or something leather and it was textured. If this is true for you then Mulan leather might be the right choice for you.

Last edited:
When the interior is hot as hell, or freezing cold, the napa makes a huge difference. It was one of the nicest things (to me) on the interior.
If you had to get a jacket made, from one or the other..........?

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii

... without prejudice !!! ... found this rather than posting the link ...​

not my words and mainly because of the photo of the two side by side ...​

I have 5 GM vehicles with both types and touch wood, or in my case touch real carbon fibre,​

the main leather difference remains to be just visual ... so far ... :thumbs:

What is Mulan Leather?​

Mulan leather is confusing for many reasons. One of them being that Disney released a movie that might confuse people as to why leather is named after any movie or what the leather has to do with the movie at all. Whatever the case may be you may find yourself making a choice between Napa leather and Mulan leather. If you find yourself in this position then you might also have to ask yourself., "do I know the difference between the two and do I or should I care?" We will examine the issue in the paragraphs to follow below.
What one is right for you?
(OEM) Leather comes in two types. It can come as either Napa or Mulan.
Both of these terms are confusing similar to the difference between OEM and aftermarket. If you are experienced in the industry or are a person who has bought their fair share of accessories then you may not have as much as of a problem. However, the beginner, who probably does not know the difference between OEM and aftermarket probably will not know the difference between Mulan and Napa leather.
We have read some people that say that Napa leather comes from the belly of the animal which is softer and accounts for the less grainy feeling of Napa leather. However, we can neither confirm or deny that this is true. We can confirm that Napa leather does tend to feel smoother than its counterpart, Mulan leather. A side by side comparison gives you the full story.
mulan%20vs%20napa.jpg

Mulan Leather on the left and Napa Leather on the Right
The amount of graininess becomes apparent when side by side with the Napa leather. The question becomes if the difference is noticeable. The difference is noticeable under two circumstances. 1. The person who is feeling the leather is sufficiently educated to understand that there is a difference in the two leather types or is generally aware that the two types of leather exist at all. 2. The two leather types are close to each other.
The truth is that the choice of leather comes down personal preference
and how much, "keeping ahead of" the Joneses the owner is trying to stay. The viewpoint of most aficionados is that Napa leather is better for the sheer fact that it tends to be much smoother than its brethren, Mulan leather. If you are trying to impress gear heads or a car show then you need to get Napa leather. Otherwise, you might find that you prefer the feel of the Mulan leather for a variety of reasons. You might like the texture of the leather. You might have had a parent that liked to wear leather boots or something leather and it was textured. If this is true for you then Mulan leather might be the right choice for you.
Must make a huge difference if you are naked. If not, I'll save the $17000 for food and shelter....

Reactions: Sparro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread