My trade-in is the issue and forcing me to buy locally.
You know you can sell through accommodation? You will get a better price for your vehicle and save on taxes. I only sell that way. Unless I cannot find a buyer, of course. Like last time with my C7.:Cryin: My dealer took me for a ride , with bull....

what do you mean through accommodation? Are you referring to the $ saved when traded in against said taxes?
I believe he has a Porsche 911 2014 Model unknown mileage unknown, perhaps the dealers appetite may not be so grand for said trade wholesale price given and nothing more. Likely be the same issue going the other way to a Porsche?

what do you mean through accommodation? Are you referring to the $ saved when traded in against said taxes?
I believe he has a Porsche 911 2014 Model unknown mileage unknown, perhaps the dealers appetite may not be so grand for said trade wholesale price given and nothing more. Likely be the same issue going the other way to a Porsche?
This from a quebec site, but I know Brian Cullen will do it. They offered to sell my Camaro, but it would have to be certified.

What is the accommodation sale of a used vehicle?​

An accommodation sale is the process by which you intend on purchasing a new vehicle from a car merchant or dealer and go through said merchant or dealer to sell your existing vehicle to an individual you have found yourself.
The accommodation sale lets you deduct the amount of the sale of your existing vehicle from the purchase price of your new vehicle in order to reduce the calculation of the Québec Sales Tax (QST) and Goods and Services Tax (GST), thus realizing significant savings. Any sale of a road vehicle is taxable.

• Agree
Reactions: Bunny hop
This from a quebec site, but I know Brian Cullen will do it. They offered to sell my Camaro, but it would have to be certified.

What is the accommodation sale of a used vehicle?​

An accommodation sale is the process by which you intend on purchasing a new vehicle from a car merchant or dealer and go through said merchant or dealer to sell your existing vehicle to an individual you have found yourself.
The accommodation sale lets you deduct the amount of the sale of your existing vehicle from the purchase price of your new vehicle in order to reduce the calculation of the Québec Sales Tax (QST) and Goods and Services Tax (GST), thus realizing significant savings. Any sale of a road vehicle is taxable.
Brian Cullens refused to do it for me, and some others I have heard from

• Angry
Brian Cullens refused to do it for me, and some others I have heard from
I suspect because it was a C8. They want to make money on it and not you. With my Camaro they would take a % of the sale as I recall. My Camaro was 20 years old. I'm sure that had a ton to do with it.

Reactions: DenisC8
Accomodation new word for " paper it " , who knew. I'm not sure why any dealer would not do it, must be new OMVIC rules or something. Last time a dealer offered said option I paid 500 to paper it on a past Harley I sold to an individual. What's the big deal? I don't get it to be honest. Is legitimate, it's recorded and I cannot see anything wrong with it. It can help a sale happen....

Most dealers will do it but charge a fee for doing the paperwork. My local Chev dealer charged me $500 to run my Silverado through their books. I was ok with that as I still sold it for $4000 more than what they were offering me on trade.
Exactly

Most dealers will do it but charge a fee for doing the paperwork. My local Chev dealer charged me $500 to run my Silverado through their books. I was ok with that as I still sold it for $4000 more than what they were offering me on trade.

That's probably worth it alone to reduce the number of scammers (if you let it be known upfront that you're doing it this way) or to not have to worry about some kind of payment scam.

Typer 100 - GM made over 50,000 corvettes last year, very close to a record number. Barring any production issues, I suspect they will make another 50,000 in 2024. Selection of both new and used should increase dramatically this year. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the right car for you whether it is new or used. I'm starting to see some used C8's finally selling for less than the new price of a 2024 so you might find a used 2LT within your budget.

Typer 100 - GM made over 50,000 corvettes last year, very close to a record number. Barring any production issues, I suspect they will make another 50,000 in 2024. Selection of both new and used should increase dramatically this year. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the right car for you whether it is new or used. I'm starting to see some used C8's finally selling for less than the new price of a 2024 so you might find a used 2LT within your budget.
Canada only got 2851 2023 Stingrays and will get less than that for 2024.

Typer 100 - GM made over 50,000 corvettes last year, very close to a record number.
That was over an extended period of more than 1 Year. In any 1 calendar year they will only make 40 to 45K at most.

Reactions: Noreplacement
Taxes are different in every province, however, if you do an accommodation through a dealer could the buyer end up having to pay PST or GST that they would not have to pay if the deal was private?
In Quebec, when buying through accommodation , you have to pay both taxes. Now what I do is reduce the price by 5% for the gst , that you would not have to pay, if you bought directly from me. You still get a lot more, for your vehicle, than trading it to the dealer. Dealerships did not like that because they were losing money, so they started charging a ridiculous amount , 500$ to 750$ for paper work that they used to do it for free. It takes 10 minutes , maybe . We are getting taken by banks , car dealers, etc. for things we used to get for free , that was called customer service but now paying full price, for lots of things , is still not enough for these .....

Canada only got 2851 2023 Stingrays and will get less than that for 2024.
Why will we get less in 2024? I thought with the huge price increase for Canada that GM would have incentive to ship more to Canada? I also thought the USA market was in balance for Supply vs Demand, so GM could ship more to the rest of the world? These are just my thoughts and hopes as I'm still waiting on the sidelines to buy a C8.

In Quebec, when buying through accommodation , you have to pay both taxes. Now what I do is reduce the price by 5% for the gst , that you would not have to pay, if you bought directly from me. You still get a lot more, for your vehicle, than trading it to the dealer. Dealerships did not like that because they were losing money, so they started charging a ridiculous amount , 500$ to 750$ for paper work that they used to do it for free. It takes 10 minutes , maybe . We are getting taken by banks , car dealers, etc. for things we used to get for free , that was called customer service but now paying full price, for lots of things , is still not enough for these .....
Thanks for the explanation, your method makes sense. You are still better off reducing the price by 5% as dealers always want to give you wholesale for your car on a trade so they can make a profit selling it instead of you.

You cannot avoid paying any taxes when you buy either from a dealer or privately? the only difference might be a dealer wont give you a bogus lightweight Bill of Sale so you can avoid some additional value on tax - ie: two receipt method - one real and one for ministry - it simply cannot happen anymore since now with the used vehicle package your gonna pay pretty close to the same via dealer or privately. You cannot avoid taxes as far as I know anyways? I bought a UTV out of Quebec and I had to plate it here in ontario and was whacked for full tax here!

Why will we get less in 2024? I thought with the huge price increase for Canada that GM would have incentive to ship more to Canada? I also thought the USA market was in balance for Supply vs Demand, so GM could ship more to the rest of the world? These are just my thoughts and hopes as I'm still waiting on the sidelines to buy a C8.
Canada will get less in 2024 because:
- 2023 was almost 18 months long and that means 2024 will be much shorter. ( Canada only may get as around 1400 2024 Stingrays)
- 2024 has an increase in Z06 and E-ray production which will reduce total Stingrays made
- 2024 Canadian price increase only made us equal to US prices so we are not getting extra allocations from US as extras will go to Europe, Asia, Australia and Middle East as they are paying almost $100,000 more.
- due to Canadian price increase, Canadian dealers are being penalized (losing allocations) because they have exhausted their waiting lists because don’t have buyers for every allocation and because buyers are walking away from delivered car making them sit as unsold inventory.

You cannot avoid paying any taxes when you buy either from a dealer or privately? the only difference might be a dealer wont give you a bogus lightweight Bill of Sale so you can avoid some additional value on tax - ie: two receipt method - one real and one for ministry - it simply cannot happen anymore since now with the used vehicle package your gonna pay pretty close to the same via dealer or privately. You cannot avoid taxes as far as I know anyways? I bought a UTV out of Quebec and I had to plate it here in ontario and was whacked for full tax here!
In Saskatchewan you cannot avoid paying the 6% PST whether you buy from a dealer or privately. They get you when you register the vehicle. However, you only pay GST when you buy new or used from a dealer. If I buy a used car privately I don't pay the GST so I save 5%. GST is a federal tax so you would think it would be the same in all provinces, however I'm not sure how it works in provinces where you have the HST?

• Agree
Nobody said , you will not pay taxes. You can save on taxes, by exchanging your vehicle to the dealers and save more through accommodation because you usually get more for your vehicle by selling it yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.