Ontario -

Do you pay tax on private car sales in Ontario?

Who pays: the buyer pays the sales tax when you register as the new legal owner of the vehicle. You do not pay sales tax to the seller. How much: In most cases, buyers pay 13% RST in Ontario. The amount is based on the purchase price or the vehicle's wholesale value, whichever is greater.

• Agree
Reactions: Bunny hop
Canada will get less in 2024 because:
- 2023 was almost 18 months long and that means 2024 will be much shorter. ( Canada only may get as around 1400 2024 Stingrays)
- 2024 has an increase in Z06 and E-ray production which will reduce total Stingrays made
- 2024 Canadian price increase only made us equal to US prices so we are not getting extra allocations from US as extras will go to Europe, Asia, Australia and Middle East as they are paying almost $100,000 more.
- due to Canadian price increase, Canadian dealers are being penalized (losing allocations) because they have exhausted their waiting lists because don’t have buyers for every allocation and because buyers are walking away from delivered car making them sit as unsold inventory.
Thanks for the explanation, if we are competing with the world for C8 allocations, my dream of new C8's sitting on Canadian car dealer lots may be a long way off yet. There are a good number of used ones for sale and prices are slowly coming back down to earth.

" Prices are slowly coming back down to earth " - I suspect it is time of year, current interest rates, and as many have pointed out - cancellations from " Going to make 20 grand in 15 minutes " has left the building. Things should balance out and once again the value will be seen and possibly allocations might be reduced driving back up demand and pricing. But what do I know and does it matter - not :) lol

Reactions: Bunny hop
Thanks for the explanation, if we are competing with the world for C8 allocations, my dream of new C8's sitting on Canadian car dealer lots may be a long way off yet. There are a good number of used ones for sale and prices are slowly coming back down to earth.
there are a few brand new C8s available on dealer lots for MSRP and allocations available at MSRP as soon as end of Jan so what is stopping you from buying before the next price increase that might be as high as $10,000?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.