edited out my message of frustration

I received an iPhone message linking me with the ambiguity of "as high as ..." and I lost it ...
this after Nik requested clear incremental bids ... my apologies

Last edited:
My bid was $200.00. My bad.

Can someone tell me what this chicken dinner guy is in at ... $200 or $240
there's not an auction you can go to and bid "as high as ...." :Rage:
... cause if I bid $205 am I automatically out again ?????
because I have a feeling he would think so ...
please pick a number and bid it ... thank you

If you read back Spence, ccltj clarified his bid to be $ 200.00. That is currently the recognized high bid.

Just for clarification and to bump it up to the top, here are the rules as set out by Nik. Spence's current bid of $ 210.00 is the current high bid.

The rules are as follows:

• Bid period: Dec 1 - 12 (midnight PST)

• Please post clearly with a bid higher than the previous one. Avoid ambiguity please so we don't go off topic. We will look at lower bids in case the winner changes his/her mind at which point we will do lower second chance bids (because we're not equipped to send the boys round to collect like ebay) :)

• This is open bidding, you get as many or few bids as you desire. But let's keep it manageable and avoid bidding less than $10 higher than the previous highest bid. Because we don't have the mechanisms like ebay to hide your highest bid (and autobid) please avoid stating your highest bid.

• If you wish to bid in private please PM me and I will bid on your behalf publicly (without mentioning your username)

I've created a special donation page for this (and future ad-hoc contests):
Ad-hoc CCF Donations | Canadian Corvette Forums

To Spence's (@SN-III) point and to be fair if you have made a donation during this period (Dec 1-12) to our monthly campaign you may deduct it from the final amount owing. I'll leave that entirely to your discretion and will thank you profusely whichever way you decide to go.

On a side note this (and all other generous monthly donations) come at a really crucial time for CCF as we have some very significant expenses we will be incurring over the next couple of months as we go through our major upgrades. Again thank you all, thanks Murray.

In the interest of keeping this simple please use the above link for final payment. Monthly donation drives I'd like to keep separate with this being the exception to the rule.

All good guys. Misunderstandings happen ... No harm no foul and we are back on track. 3 days left and high bid at this time is ccltj at $ 220.00

Reactions: ccltj
Big day today,the last day of the auction that will close with the forum clock at Midnight. So please support the CCF Christmas auction.

I tell you I have had this book for so long it will be odd to ship it off. Really hope that the new owner enjoys it as much as I have.

Good luck with your bids.

Reactions: ccltj and Nik
Nice. Stayed up. It’s 1:00am here in A.B. I lost. Congrats! ;)
You are a real Good Sport ... taking me right back to my ebay sniping days ... thank you
I don't know if I made it in before midnight PST though ... just says "a moment ago" ... waiting the "photo finish"

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.